Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Making The Focus More Sporty.

Alec J

Hi guys,

Havent been on for a while as ive been busy.

For some reason i seem to feel that my car lacks sportyness compared to other focus's i see around. I have the titanium model which looks brilliant inside but seems to be lacking something outside.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/856442_10151479800895336_1250241941_o.jpg

What would you suggest to make it more sportier?

Also looking at some performance mods, what kind of mods could i do which would give some sort of gains. Not looking at ripping the engine apart and rebuilding !Removed!, just replacing smaller parts. (Already have a K&N filter replacement)

One last thing, is it possible to change to the climate control version heaters or is that to much of a job? The car has aircon.

Thanks

Alec

• Like 1

Hi mate, the obvious pointers for making it more sporty are fitting ST parts... front and rear bumpers, side skirts, spoiler, 18 inch alloys, they'd all make a difference. You can lower then as well for a more 'agressive' stance. If you didn't wanna go the ST route, you could get a CC front bumper, or you could get an MS Design lip kit which come up every now and again on eBay and different Ford and Focus forums/fora.

With your car being black also you may get lucky in searching for ST parts and find ones in black which aren't in need of a respray and could be fitted as is.

Another option would be to just have your current black plastics colour coded. I hate the standard plastics trims on the bumper inserts and lower valances, but colour coding the bumper plastics and standard spoiler makes it look a lot sharper.

Here's a pic of my Titanium, with main exterior mods being lowered 40mm and sitting on genuine Focus ST 18s (see my sig below for a more comprehensive list - MS spoiler, black ST xenons etc). It's having an ST kit fitted as we speak though, so should look a lot 'sportier' this time tomorrow!

post-30295-0-32761900-1365586224_thumb.j

As for performance mods, I wouldn't be too sure on the petrol. In my TDCi the most popular options are exhaust, uprated intercooler and remap, but pretty clueless on the petrols sorry.

As for the climate controls, I've heard/read it's a massively involved job to do the switch. It's somethin that crossed my mind when I first got my Focus, but was quickly put off the idea after a little bit of research! Will see if I can find any reading for you...

• Like 1

Same as what gforce said although id get the rear window and rear side windows tinted looks abit sportier than standard glass but thats my opinion happy modding :)

Agree with ST body kit, definitely a upgraded spoiler, I fitted one from a 2.5 and it looks far better and flows much better with the shape of the car.

I found with the original spoiler that my eye would follow the lovely shape of the car and then the old spoiler would ruin the aesthetics.

Brigante fitted an ST one and it's a straight swap apart from rewiring the upper brake light (different connections but easy to do).

The CC front bumper is a good mod, one of my colleagues has one fitted to his Mk2 and it looks far sleeker and gets rid of the boring matte black fog surrounds.

Colour matched bumper and door trims make a big difference, I'm contemplating this myself at some point.

Sportier wheels add a lot.

Upgraded headlights and led rear lights/ upper brake light add a touch of style.

I fitted smoked led side indicator repeaters and they look far more refined than the clear ones with amber bulbs.

As far as performance goes a remap is not much gain for a fair wedge of cash, better off with a better air filter and a good exhaust (Milltek performance or mountune systems) will allow the car to breathe better and help with a bit more power.

Internally, a bit of carbon wrap/dipping and an upgraded stereo adds a good touch of style and a higher standard courtesy light and decent footwell lights adds a bit of flash to the standard appearance.

Same as what gforce said although id get the rear window and rear side windows tinted looks abit sportier than standard glass but thats my opinion happy modding :)

Its a titanium model, they should already be tinted from the factory :-)

Its a titanium model, they should already be tinted from the factory :-)

For some reason mine are not. Standard clear windows which i will be getting them tinted.

Interior is spot on, sony dab stereo, half leather sport seats, carbon surround center console, leather steering wheel etc

Mine aren't tinted either (see my pic above)! :angry: Should they be fitted with tinted glass from factory?

They had been tinted in the past and the tint removed mind you, because about 6 months into ownership, when I finally had a rear seat passenger, they touched the rear window and noticed it was still covered in a layer of glue! Obviously the tints weren't removed properly by a previous owner, which left me the laborious task of removing it all...and it was a !Removed! of a job to do on all three rear windows! Also broke some of the heater element paint on the rear windscreen in a couple of places, so still need to get this sorted.

Personally I think wheels are the best place to start if you're looking for sportier appearance. What you reckon about the rest of the suggestions? Have you any preference or priority for future mods?

Mine aren't tinted either (see my pic above)! :angry: Should they be fitted with tinted glass from factory?

They had been tinted in the past and the tint removed mind you, because about 6 months into ownership, when I finally had a rear seat passenger, they touched the rear window and noticed it was still covered in a layer of glue! Obviously the tints weren't removed properly by a previous owner, which left me the laborious task of removing it all...and it was a !Removed! of a job to do on all three rear windows! Also broke some of the heater element paint on the rear windscreen in a couple of places, so still need to get this sorted.

Personally I think wheels are the best place to start if you're looking for sportier appearance. What you reckon about the rest of the suggestions? Have you any preference or priority for future mods?

Maybe that's whats happened to mine, the lower sections of the rear heated window has big tears in it causing the whole bottom of it not to work. I wonder if my previous owner also removed the tints.. dunno why you would though. Will be getting it re-tinted.

I nearly got my hands on some ST alloys but it fell through (N) I have just bought the better heater dials from eBay which i will be changing when they arrive. I will probably get some team heko wind deflectors as i had them on my punto. At the moment looking around there is no black st body parts available so will have to wait for that as i cant be arsed with spraying... did to much on the punto and it bores me now haha.

Tints are not standard on any Titanium model (MK2 - 2.5).

My MK2.5 does have factory tints but this was part of the sport pack (inc. 18 inch alloys). I also have BT and VC which are also an extra and not fitted from factory. The only thing it lacks it leather seats.

From an ETIS check you can find out if you car came equipped with tints. This will be noted under 'minor features' (drop down list) as With Privacy Glass

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

* to look up by reg number ensure you select 'United Kingdom' from the preferences page (https://www.etis.ford.com/options.do) also found via the home page top nav.

Stu

Take it mine wasnt tinted standard then.

Only says: With Tinted Glass All Round

Will get them done soon anyway as i think they look better tinted.. maybe 75% smoke

the tinted glass all round means they have light smoked tinted windows front and rear driver and pass and a tinted rear window but not black privacy glass the original tints are quite good as they are solar reflective so prevent heat build up in the cabin in the summer the front window isnt if its heated i wouldnt pay the £280 for rear tints i bought the ford sunblind kit for all rear windows at £140 removable they look like tints no scratching or faffing around and you cant see in unless you have youre face right at the window

*EDIT* artscot79 just beat me to it ;)

I think the reference to tinted glass all round is slightly darker colouring that the glass has. I know my front aren't completely clear.

Here's a bigger version of my avatar. Although not a clear shot, it does make the car look mean ;)

photo-29481.jpg?_r=1365668212

Take it mine wasnt tinted standard then.

Only says: With Tinted Glass All Round

Will get them done soon anyway as i think they look better tinted.. maybe 75% smoke

I agree with a lot of these comments , if you are not willing to spend ££ then you won't really be able to make it that sporty ! And if you are going to get some of the st body I personally advise to go all the way with it no half hearted attempt :-P

Defo get them windows tinted though !! Limo tints will work the best especially on a black car!

Good luck..

Personally id go for the darker zetec head lights, tinted rear glass, lower it rougly 20=30mm wouldnt go as far as changing bumpers etc thats when costs start to spiral but id deffo go for the mondeo titanium-x 18" alloys there so much classier than wacking st wheels on a non st car (sorry dont mean to tread on anyone's feet there)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-2-2-TITANIUM-X-ALLOY-WHEELS-18-INCH-/111047735280?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AMondeo&hash=item19daf5f7f0

Looks different yet nice granted there a bit hammered but with some love car and a refurb theyd be sweeeet

• Like 1

Personally id go for the darker zetec head lights, tinted rear glass, lower it rougly 20=30mm wouldnt go as far as changing bumpers etc thats when costs start to spiral but id deffo go for the mondeo titanium-x 18" alloys there so much classier than wacking st wheels on a non st car (sorry dont mean to tread on anyone's feet there)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-2-2-TITANIUM-X-ALLOY-WHEELS-18-INCH-/111047735280?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AMondeo&hash=item19daf5f7f0

Looks different yet nice granted there a bit hammered but with some love car and a refurb theyd be sweeeet

The Mondeo Titanium X 18" wheels are lighter than the ST wheels too, at 20kgs each with tyres (not a lot of people know that)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club