Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Brake Caliper Colour :)

Big_dom91

So finally some time off work to sort me calipers out another job ticked off the to do list :)

post-37742-0-72818100-1365614061_thumb.j before

post-37742-0-29861100-1365614108_thumb.jfirst coat

post-37742-0-53042600-1365614169_thumb.j3rd coat

post-37742-0-46840100-1365614206_thumb.jlooking alot better with the alloy back onpost-37742-0-24608500-1365618605_thumb.jall so inbetween coats to kill some time give the inside of the alloy a good scrub :)

• Like 1

Looks great bud. I am tempted to have a go at this. My focus is grey so might try black for a subtle difference or be brave with a lovely blue. Although I might just take the caliper off to do it. Give a it a good clean and paint. A good excuse to do it is an impending brake fluid changing kill to birds with one stone and get a nice painted caliper.

• Like 1

Looks great bud. I am tempted to have a go at this. My focus is grey so might try black for a subtle difference or be brave with a lovely blue. Although I might just take the caliper off to do it. Give a it a good clean and paint. A good excuse to do it is an impending brake fluid changing kill to birds with one stone and get a nice painted caliper.

Cheers mate like you say if you have other jobs aswell irs easier to do em all at once i greased all my wheels while i had the jack out and was getting dirty so you'll have to post some pics of the them when there done

• Like 1

Looks good, i quite fancy a set of those wheels for my focus. Are they 17" or 18"?

Actually i can see the tyre size in one of the pictures, i didn't want to go above 17" really.

Those calipers are looking good Dominic

• Like 1

Looks good, i quite fancy a set of those wheels for my focus. Are they 17" or 18"?

Cheers mate yer these are 18" like prefer these to the 17" tho just sets the car off nicer

• Like 1

Those calipers are looking good Dominic

Cheers mate haha its amazing how a little bit of time and some paint can make something look 100x better than before :)

• Like 2

Cheers mate haha its amazing how a little bit of time and some paint can make something look 100x better than before :)

sure does.

Is that the Halfords paint i see there? whats it like these days? i can remember using it about 6 years ago and it was very thick but was great for getting a thick and smooth finish quite easily

• Like 1

Yer its the Halfords one but unfortunatley its quite thin so you have to put it on little by little like but still turned out nice

Yer its the halfords one but unfortunatley its quite thin so you have to put it on little by little like but still turned out nice

+1

I've used halford caliper paint too,

Very watery compared to foliatec which I tried my damdest to purchase in ireland.

The first coat I applied to the calipers went a bit black as it mixed with some carbon despite cleaning as best possible,

But give that time to dry and it traps the black and allows the next coat to be clean.

Took me 3 coats of Halfords,

If available to purchase I recommend foliatec caliper paint comes with mix in laquor and hardens quicker.

+1

I've used halford caliper paint too,

Very watery compared to foliatec which I tried my damdest to purchase in ireland.

The first coat I applied to the calipers went a bit black as it mixed with some carbon despite cleaning as best possible,

But give that time to dry and it traps the black and allows the next coat to be clean.

Took me 3 coats of halfords,

If available to purchase I recommend foliatec caliper paint comes with mix in laquor and hardens quicker.

Quite right lenny i had exactly the same cleaned it as best i could using a wire brush and caliper cleaner but like you say the first coat was just full of carbon like but let it dry then repeat the coats and on the 3rd one it was looking great :)

• Like 1

Cheers mate yer these are 18" like prefer these to the 17" tho just sets the car off nicer

I like 18's just think mine might look a bit like its on stilts as it hasn't been lowered at all.

I like 18's just think mine might look a bit like its on stilts as it hasn't been lowered at all.

When im on my break il post a picture of mine because mine hasnt been lowered and it looks sound mate :)

This is mine like without lowering springspost-37742-0-01091800-1365795032_thumb.jpost-37742-0-01091800-1365795032_thumb.j

they look very smart.
i have recently painted my break drums and callipers but i went for black.... i wanted to play it safe and didn't want to look like a typical boy racer.
although what i have done looks clean and smart , your Red ones look very smart and i may have to re do mine ;)
THANKSSS

• Like 2

they look very smart.

i have recently painted my break drums and callipers but i went for black.... i wanted to play it safe and didn't want to look like a typical boy racer.

although what i have done looks clean and smart , your Red ones look very smart and i may have to re do mine ;)

THANKSSS

Cheers mate :) i like the look of the red against the black on the front but as iv only done the front so far iv still got to do the drums which il be doing in black

looking good big dom and im liking the wheels.

i have just bought a set of 16 dezent 5 spokes but thinking now i should have gone 17 or even 18 but wasent sure as the car is used every day and have people in the back and dident want any isues

• Like 1

looking good big dom and im liking the wheels.

i have just bought a set of 16 dezent 5 spokes but thinking now i should have gone 17 or even 18 but wasent sure as the car is used every day and have people in the back and dident want any isues

Cheers fella wenever iv had anyone in the back of mine theres never been any issuses like :|

• Like 1

Blue looks smart toooo !!!! ahhh now i dont know what to doo!!!

Cheers fella wenever iv had anyone in the back of mine theres never been any issuses like :|

cheers dude will keep that info in mind

Blue looks smart toooo !!!! ahhh now i dont know what to doo!!!

It does look good but i think certain colours look best on certain coloured cars ie blue on white and red on black but it all comes down to yiur own preference :)

Yeah exactly , I played it safe and just went for black in the end ... However I think red and blue would also look nice on silver (which is what I have)