Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spirit Blue Mk7 St-2

GuestyBFC

I'll have to speak to a few local dealers and see who will offer the best price

Play them off against each other, always the best way. Even dealerships under the same name will try and beat the other.

Yes thats best as i phoned my dealer in suffolk and he wanted £7,347 to change with my p/x an ended up only paying £6102 to change going elsewhere :)

Ive enquired with two local dealers about the new ZS, the dealers are about two miles apart and were playing each other off saying theyd give a lower monthly finance than the other one

Just got my red led footwell bulbs and blue interior lights arrive in the post :) will fit them shortly , only waiting on my number plate coloured fixings now an replace the ordinary screws as nothing worse than just seeing silver screws on black letters and against the white or yellow reflective backing .

Markthechat, aside from the driving position, how would you say the new Focus ST compares to the Fiesta ST? I'm thinking of getting one or the other later this year but keep changing my mind on which (currently it's the Focus). Until dealers get a demo Fiesta in I can't drive them myself and you're the first I've come across on here who has driven both, so anything you can share would be great!

ST-2 gets the following equipment additional to ST-1:

Halogen projector style headlights

LED daytime running lights

Half heated leather recaro sports seats

Sony DAB audio with SYNC and Emergency Assistance

Ford power start button

Privacy glass

Style pack:

Rado grey alloy wheels

Red brake calipers

Illuminated scuff plates

I've seen an ST-1 in Race Red, it looked pants compared to the ST-2 to be honest.

• Like 2

Id personally for go the beer tokens / treating yourself and save up the for the ST2. I havent seen an ST1 but I reckon its the one to go for. I think when I asked my dealer all of the ones he had sold where ST2's. ;)

I think some of the additions to the 2 are really trick.

• Like 1

Markthechat, aside from the driving position, how would you say the new Focus ST compares to the Fiesta ST? I'm thinking of getting one or the other later this year but keep changing my mind on which (currently it's the Focus). Until dealers get a demo Fiesta in I can't drive them myself and you're the first I've come across on here who has driven both, so anything you can share would be great!

I only drove the focus briefly last august and that was a wagon version but from what i remember it needed less input driving wise and the more obvious thing is it had more power so needed no effort to get well in 3 figures where as the fiesta is more go-karty but far lighter .

I would say the focus is abit softer being more of a family car having more doors but don't get me wrong if i sound bias as having owned 4 st170's an 2 st225s i am more a focus man than fiesta one but now prefer the latest fiesta as was i was never a fan of the mk 5/6 ones so wen ford announce this one with 6speed and the new ecoBoost lump i quickly ordered mine without hesation or even getting behind the wheel i knew it would good and was right in my choice having owned 59plate Zs and a s1600 which handled beautifully just lacking in power . I was even thinking of getting a focus zetec s at one point with the same 180 engine but didn't like the interior an was more swayed to the fiesta as knew it would be quicker on the 0 to 60 an mid range punch and was right as it is brisk and would say far puncher than my st225 in 2nd and 3rd gear or feels like it is :)

Hope this helps but you may be better waiting for a demo one an make you own mind up on that .

Id personally for go the beer tokens / treating yourself and save up the for the ST2. I havent seen an ST1 but I reckon its the one to go for. I think when I asked my dealer all of the ones he had sold where ST2's. ;)

I think some of the additions to the 2 are really trick.

If anyone can remember wen the st225 came out in 05 they sold more st2s/3s than st1s as that also looked pants :)

Back then i ordered an st3 as it was more spec'd an the main thing for me was xenon head lights so i am with you on that one as ford will and have sold more fiesta st2s than ones .

• Like 1

ST-2 gets the following equipment additional to ST-1:

Halogen projector style headlights

LED daytime running lights

Half heated leather recaro sports seats

Sony DAB audio with SYNC and Emergency Assistance

Ford power start button

Privacy glass

Style pack:

Rado grey alloy wheels

Red brake calipers

Illuminated scuff plates

I've seen an ST-1 in Race Red, it looked pants compared to the ST-2 to be honest.

Shame they don't put red footwell bulbs in to match the ambient lighting as i recieved mine in the post today and the look real cool plus my main interior light is now a blue led one so it's a nicer look now .

Have you noticed or has any other owners that under the door handles is a red ambient strip beaming down on the front Speakers but is mainly there so you can see a drink bottle in the dark in the holder under the handle :)

I only drove the focus briefly last august and that was a wagon version but from what i remember it needed less input driving wise and the more obvious thing is it had more power so needed no effort to get well in 3 figures where as the fiesta is more go-karty but far lighter .

I would say the focus is abit softer being more of a family car having more doors but don't get me wrong if i sound bias as having owned 4 st170's an 2 st225s i am more a focus man than fiesta one but now prefer the latest fiesta as was i was never a fan of the mk 5/6 ones so wen ford announce this one with 6speed and the new ecoBoost lump i quickly ordered mine without hesation or even getting behind the wheel i knew it would good and was right in my choice having owned 59plate Zs and a s1600 which handled beautifully just lacking in power . I was even thinking of getting a focus zetec s at one point with the same 180 engine but didn't like the interior an was more swayed to the fiesta as knew it would be quicker on the 0 to 60 an mid range punch and was right as it is brisk and would say far puncher than my st225 in 2nd and 3rd gear or feels like it is :)

Hope this helps but you may be better waiting for a demo one an make you own mind up on that .

Thanks for that, makes the Focus more appealing I must say! I originally considered the Focus Zetec S too, but wasn't keen on the interior either. The ST just looks that much nicer inside, and the extra luxury/ride quality over the Fiesta would be a good upgrade to have as well. I'm planning on test driving both back to back when they're available, no idea how long the wait may be though!

Thanks for that, makes the Focus more appealing I must say! I originally considered the Focus Zetec S too, but wasn't keen on the interior either. The ST just looks that much nicer inside, and the extra luxury/ride quality over the Fiesta would be a good upgrade to have as well. I'm planning on test driving both back to back when they're available, no idea how long the wait may be though!

The ride is fairly firm and you do bounce around a little bit when driving at speed on the motorway, but its certainly not a deal breaker mate.

Not going to lie, I actually prefer the non-LED headlights on the facelift >.<

thanks for the info GuestyBFC :)

Ross M i guess if im paying out for an ST i may aswell get the best spec, i'll have to see what offers my local dealers can do and i'll carry on saving up for a couple more months

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Me too, ordered spirit blue st2 with style pack. Ordered 3rd week march was told delivery end of may but looking at other people's deliveries I won't count on it :o)

Ordered The Same mate

ST-2 Spirit Blue

sony nav kit

style pack

ordered it middle of march but looks like i wont be getting it until june 12/15 week wait :(

So thats at least two Driving around barnsley

Treated myself to a new Fiesta ST-2 in Spirit Blue with style pack. Should be picking it up next week if the log book from my private plate comes through the post on time.

IMG_01311_zps4030e9f4.jpg

IMG_01301_zps9d9b0a4e.jpg

IMG_01291_zpsb6595157.jpg

IMG_01281_zps19016eb3.jpg

IMG_01331_zps684a3ee2.jpg

IMG_01321_zps8582997d.jpg

Hi, to you all. quick question, did any of you finance yours on a pcp? Im currently on a pcp with a fiesta zetec s (12) I've ordered an st (yesterday) I need to pay £1000 and my monthly payments are going to be just short of £300, does that seem incredibly expensive? :unsure: If you don't mind telling how much your paying I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, to you all. quick question, did any of you finance yours on a pcp? Im currently on a pcp with a fiesta zetec s (12) I've ordered an st (yesterday) I need to pay £1000 and my monthly payments are going to be just short of £300, does that seem incredibly expensive? :unsure: If you don't mind telling how much your paying I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

It's not expensive because I'm assuming it's only over three years, if that was over five years it would be expensive. I don't really have a great understanding of finance, my mum sorted all mine haha

It's not expensive because I'm assuming it's only over three years, if that was over five years it would be expensive. I don't really have a great understanding of finance, my mum sorted all mine haha

Thanks for taking the time to reply, managed to get my monthly payments down to £247pm over 3 years so should be able to get a new car half way through the PCP (so the 2015 Plate). Ordered the st on sunday/monday and they said it could take up to 14 weeks... :unsure: Hope it doesn't take that long.

Thanks in advance.

ive ordered mine through the car scheme at work it will cost me just over £240 which includes everything tyres insurance service all i have to worry about its putting fuel in , one of the perks of working for the NHS

still waiting on mine (ordered mid march)

was due to get it this week but when i called last week it was pushed

to next week

im just going to wait for the dealer to call me now

im scared of calling again and them telling me its been pushed back even more

ive ordered mine through the car scheme at work it will cost me just over £240 which includes everything tyres insurance service all i have to worry about its putting fuel in , one of the perks of working for the NHS

still waiting on mine (ordered mid march)

was due to get it this week but when i called last week it was pushed

to next week

im just going to wait for the dealer to call me now

im scared of calling again and them telling me its been pushed back even more

Hi, thanks for your reply, with a bit of arm twisting I managed to get them down to £247pm with insurance and tyres etc :) mid march to mid June.....looks like I have a long wait ahead of me!! :unsure:

Just ordered my st2 in blue today test drove it earlier was impressed with it a bit different from my mountune 155 fiesta.I no it may sound a bit daft coming from a 45 yr old but can you fit a dump valve to it pshhh pshhh

Just ordered my st2 in blue today test drove it earlier was impressed with it a bit different from my mountune 155 fiesta.I no it may sound a bit daft coming from a 45 yr old but can you fit a dump valve to it pshhh pshhh

You can indeed, I'm looking into it in the next few weeks.

I would have thought the fiesta ST2 would have came with xenon headlights actualy bit annoyed at that. Not even an optional extra. :/ swaying more towards the focus ST3 now to be honest

The Fiesta is a Fiesta, new Fiesta vs demo Focus - the Focus is a no brainer. I prefer agility over all out power though, so the Fiesta has it for me.

I prefer the focus anyway personally ive always wanted one since I passed my test but it the extra £10k just to be able to get xenon headlights without everyone moaning at you for having them. Id have thought Considering the amount of people that are converting, all be it technically illegally, to HIDs and the much better light output they'd have stuck them on the top of the range fiestas as standard