Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spirit Blue Mk7 St-2

GuestyBFC

;)

Yeah I commented on your photos, wish I didn't look at them as it only makes me more agitated to get mine lol!! Great photos, but glad to hear it will pick up the dirt haha. My rear quarters on my ZetecS seem to collect tar dots like stamps collecting :(

You could of borrowed mine lastweek lol as didn't use it all week , only got it out of the garage today an had some fun mainly in 2nd , 3rd and 4th gears with the window down listening to the turbo and that throaty roar in the cabin with out making you too jealous :D cars come up behind you an then you cog it down or just use the torque an they disappear getting smaller in ya rear view mirror

The first day i got mine i change those horrible yellow number plate lights an put my Led canbus ones in an they look really cool beaming down to the ground over tailgate , rear bumper and on the rear lower panel :)

• Like 1

What MPG are you getting Markthechat?

Hi Joe , it's reading 29.1mpg at the mo an still rising have only done 283mls in total since picking it up 2weeks ago as having too much fun opening it up giving it some welly listening to the turbo etc ! I am only doing local stuff an not done any distance steady driving yet to see what it does on a range as not working at the mo , if i was doing my old job and the 43 round trip i expect it would be doing low 40's like my old s1600 of mixed driving .

I topped it up yesterday and reset the trip with it saying 305 on the range as hadn't done a true reading until then as forgot to reset the trip since taking delivery but that crept up wen i popped out on a 30 odd mile blast with some slow stuff in 30/40mph zones to a 315 range to empty .

Pretty good still though for a 1.6 turbo, my friends vxr corsa only gets like 21 mpg (but it is a vauxhall after all ;) )

Defo tempted by one of these after reading what people have said about them, if not il just go for the new ZS

Pretty good still though for a 1.6 turbo, my friends vxr corsa only gets like 21 mpg (but it is a vauxhall after all ;) )

Defo tempted by one of these after reading what people have said about them, if not il just go for the new ZS

Yes it is good as i had 2 focus st 225's an they only did low 20's , i was going to get the new st250 and was saving up for 2yrs but things weren't that good at work so i held off and waited for the fiesta st .

I was going to get the Zs as its a good buy an good on fuel but i would of proberbly spent money remapping it etc so that would of been a waste plus looking at it spec'd up it was'nt far short of the st on price adding full leather etc but i am lucky in that my dad is a ford pensioner so i get good discount , ford recently upped the discount on the fiesta to employees an i get the same off a fiesta as i do off a focus :)

The St is a completely different beast to my 59plate Zs and s1600 feeling more solid plus the interior looks nicer being dark , my s1600 was a combination of greys and silver as the dash was 2 colours as was the seats being grey with the steering wheel being black leather so it looked like a miss match of bits !

I noticed the difference between my Zs and s1600 power wise an handling an then got the st and Wow what a car :) harder and firmer ride being abit jiggly at speed bobbing up an down like a go kart and the acceleration an torque make it a great overtaking tool leaving others behind thinking they can keep up .

Yeah thats what im thinking, like i like my mk7 zs now and if i get the new zs im sure il love that too but after a while i'll probs wish i had the extra speed and went for the ST, so im kind of torn at the moment lol. So i could pay a bit more for the ST but want to keep it longer as it has the fancy interior and the speed

Just done an insurance quote on the new ST and its cheaper to insure than my mk7 ZS :mellow:

• Like 1

Just done an insurance quote on the new ST and its cheaper to insure than my mk7 ZS :mellow:

Thats good then , mine cost £46 more going from my s1600 but there again i am with Ford insure and they can be quite expensive .

I went out for a blast yesterday and a mk6 zetec s decided he wanted to have a play :) too much traffic about thou for that an i got rather angry as he was too close on one occassion as i short shifted from 1st to 2nd before planting my right foot in 2nd , he gave his the billy big nuts in first nearly ramming into me ! I was going to plant my right foot as we were pulling out on a busy main road but he was over eager wanting to undertake on a short dual carraige way before a roundabout but it was a no contest as the st is far quicker once into its stride , he only caught me as i had to stop at the roundabout with him having a run at me up the inside but wen it was clear i planted it an was soon in front before he turned off left .

The st is bringing lots of smiles without having to try too hard as you have to adpat and use the torque just like i did in my old st225 focus but with better fuel consumption as mine is now returning over 30mpg and still rising with it saying 340 on a tank range :)

Oh fair enough, im only 22 but have got quote for 500ish pounds a year fully comp :D ..

yeah i bet there really is no contest in speed between the two aha.. Im really torn at the mo between the ZS and the ST as they both have plus points and negatives

Its a good quote you got as i am 49 and paid £331 for my s1600 with protected no claims an had to pay an addtional £44 for 7 months thats left till renewal for the st which was better than i thought plus i get loading as rolled my focus st225 3 odd years ago and they still add that on my policy for a further 2 yrs so i pay a lttle bit extra for that claim .

Only thing i find in the st is the seats and ride is too firm after a while with me being an old git with a bad back ,it is why i gave up riding 1000cc sports bikes in 2006 as my neck an back couldn't take being hunched over the hand bars .

yeah not to bad i guess still, i havnt got protected no claims due to my age though :(

yeah the firm ride is a little off puttting especially with how roads are now what with pot holes and speed bumps everywhere lol

yeah not to bad i guess still, i havnt got protected no claims due to my age though :(

yeah the firm ride is a little off puttting especially with how roads are now what with pot holes and speed bumps everywhere lol

You'll get there as we all have to build up our no claims , i had bike an car insurance with in a month of one another years ago an had to stump up nearly a grand for the two .

The st does thud over bumps etc mainly at back of the car an is no different to my old focus st170 and st225 days , my s1600 was slightly better handling than my 59plate Zs but no where as good as the st , you don't move in the seat as you are held in more plus the steering is a more weighted feel , give it a month or so and i expect most dealers will have a demo in to try !

yeah i know, Im slowly building mine back up after having a crash a couple of years ago

the seats do look nice, i sat in the new focus ST which i beleive had similar seats and they were nice and hugging.

I'll have to try both, will give me time to save up some more to put towards it aswell to keep monthly finance costs down

yeah i know, Im slowly building mine back up after having a crash a couple of years ago

the seats do look nice, i sat in the new focus ST which i beleive had similar seats and they were nice and hugging.

I'll have to try both, will give me time to save up some more to put towards it aswell to keep monthly finance costs down

The same seats actually. I just had a word with Adrian Flux, if I mod my ST it'll be £300 a year cheaper to insure than my diesel ZS, only it'll be limited on mileage :P

b1g_dav3 are the new ZS seats the same as the mk7 ones?

aha sounds good dave, i cant work out insurance companies sometimes lol

The same seats actually. I just had a word with Adrian Flux, if I mod my ST it'll be £300 a year cheaper to insure than my diesel ZS, only it'll be limited on mileage :P

The seats are simular with focus st having more adjustments such as extra lumber support , i drove an st focus an thought the seating postion less sporty after now driving my st fiesta but there again that was only a 20 min test drive so didn't really count like everyday living with my fiesta .

I keep my insurance low also by limiting my mileage to 8/9,000mile per annum .

I like having sportier seats, When i get in my mums mk6 fiesta zetec they feel wierd without the raised sides lol

Whats the difference between the ST and ST2 Mark?

I like having sportier seats, When i get in my mums mk6 fiesta zetec they feel wierd without the raised sides lol

Whats the difference between the ST and ST2 Mark?

I believe the seats are the same with the st1 being fabric only and the st2 being half leather :)

Oh right ok, the ST pack includes all the other extras doesnt it?

Oh right ok, the ST pack includes all the other extras doesnt it?

Yes the extra £1,000 st2 gets privacy glass , key less start , partial leather and the DRL's

I just looked on Fords website and at selected dealers there offering free style pack which is what i got free on mine having the rado grey wheels , red calipers an eluminated scuff plates :)

Oh forgot the st2 also has the sony dab stereo in the £1,000 you pay over the st1

fair enough, the only things the ST2 has over the ST1 that i would want is the privacy glass and maybe DRL's.. so i dont know if i could justify the extra £1000

fair enough, the only things the ST2 has over the ST1 that i would want is the privacy glass and maybe DRL's.. so i dont know if i could justify the extra £1000

Yes we all have a budget we run to , i got a better deal going more local after using the same dealer for 13 years and got a good deal :)

I got £1638 dicount off the list price plus a futher £1700 with my ford discount off my dad who is a ford pensioner and paid under £15,900 on the road with white paint and climate :)

The drls are good an dim wen you indicate on which every o

Sorry sent that too early , the drls dim wen the indicaters are on on what ever side you are indicating plus the dim wen you switch on the lights .

I'm looking at about 4,000 miles limited, should be more than enough :P