b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,519 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

Play them off against each other, always the best way. Even dealerships under the same name will try and beat the other.

#78 Markthechat

Markthechat

Markthechat

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Yes thats best as i phoned my dealer in suffolk and he wanted £7,347 to change with my p/x an ended up only paying £6102 to change going elsewhere :)

#79 JoeZS19

JoeZS19

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Name: Joe
  • Ford Model: zetec s mk7
  • Year: 2010

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Ive enquired with two local dealers about the new ZS, the dealers are about two miles apart and were playing each other off saying theyd give a lower monthly finance than the other one

#80 Markthechat

Markthechat

Markthechat

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Just got my red led footwell bulbs and blue interior lights arrive in the post :) will fit them shortly , only waiting on my number plate coloured fixings now an replace the ordinary screws as nothing worse than just seeing silver screws on black letters and against the white or yellow reflective backing .

#81 MartynS

MartynS

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Markthechat, aside from the driving position, how would you say the new Focus ST compares to the Fiesta ST?  I'm thinking of getting one or the other later this year but keep changing my mind on which (currently it's the Focus).  Until dealers get a demo Fiesta in I can't drive them myself and you're the first I've come across on here who has driven both, so anything you can share would be great!

#82 GuestyBFC

GuestyBFC

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Name: Ricky
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7.5 ST-2
  • Year: 2011

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

ST-2 gets the following equipment additional to ST-1:

Halogen projector style headlights

LED daytime running lights

Half heated leather recaro sports seats

Sony DAB audio with SYNC and Emergency Assistance

Ford power start button

Privacy glass

Style pack:

Rado grey alloy wheels

Red brake calipers

Illuminated scuff plates

I've seen an ST-1 in Race Red, it looked pants compared to the ST-2 to be honest.

#83 Ross M

Ross M

Ross ST

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Name: Ross
  • Ford Model: ST2

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

Id personally for go the beer tokens / treating yourself and save up the for the ST2. I havent seen an ST1 but I reckon its the one to go for. I think when I asked my dealer all of the ones he had sold where ST2's.  ;) 

I think some of the additions to the 2 are really trick.  

#84 Markthechat

Markthechat

Markthechat

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Markthechat, aside from the driving position, how would you say the new Focus ST compares to the Fiesta ST?  I'm thinking of getting one or the other later this year but keep changing my mind on which (currently it's the Focus).  Until dealers get a demo Fiesta in I can't drive them myself and you're the first I've come across on here who has driven both, so anything you can share would be great!

I only drove the focus briefly last august and that was a wagon version but from what i remember it needed less input driving wise and the more obvious thing is it had more power so needed no effort to get well in 3 figures where as the fiesta is more go-karty but far lighter .
I would say the focus is abit softer being more of a family car having more doors but don't get me wrong if i sound bias as having owned 4 st170's an 2 st225s i am more a focus man than fiesta one but now prefer the latest fiesta as was i was never a fan of the mk 5/6 ones so wen ford announce this one with 6speed and the new ecoBoost lump i quickly ordered mine without hesation or even getting behind the wheel i knew it would good and was right in my choice having owned 59plate Zs and a s1600 which handled beautifully just lacking in power . I was even thinking of getting a focus zetec s at one point with the same 180 engine but didn't like the interior an was more swayed to the fiesta as knew it would be quicker on the 0 to 60 an mid range punch and was right as it is brisk and would say far puncher than my st225 in 2nd and 3rd gear or feels like it is :)

Hope this helps but you may be better waiting for a demo one an make you own mind up on that .

#85 Markthechat

Markthechat

Markthechat

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

Id personally for go the beer tokens / treating yourself and save up the for the ST2. I havent seen an ST1 but I reckon its the one to go for. I think when I asked my dealer all of the ones he had sold where ST2's.  ;) 

I think some of the additions to the 2 are really trick.  

If anyone can remember wen the st225 came out in 05 they sold more st2s/3s than st1s as that also looked pants :)
Back then i ordered an st3 as it was more spec'd an the main thing for me was xenon head lights so i am with you on that one as ford will and have sold more fiesta st2s than ones .

#86 Markthechat

Markthechat

Markthechat

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

ST-2 gets the following equipment additional to ST-1:

Halogen projector style headlights
LED daytime running lights
Half heated leather recaro sports seats
Sony DAB audio with SYNC and Emergency Assistance
Ford power start button
Privacy glass

Style pack:

Rado grey alloy wheels
Red brake calipers
Illuminated scuff plates

I've seen an ST-1 in Race Red, it looked pants compared to the ST-2 to be honest.

Shame they don't put red footwell bulbs in to match the ambient lighting as i recieved mine in the post today and the look real cool plus my main interior light is now a blue led one so it's a nicer look now .

Have you noticed or has any other owners that under the door handles is a red ambient strip beaming down on the front speakers but is mainly there so you can see a drink bottle in the dark in the holder under the handle :)

#87 MartynS

MartynS

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

I only drove the focus briefly last august and that was a wagon version but from what i remember it needed less input driving wise and the more obvious thing is it had more power so needed no effort to get well in 3 figures where as the fiesta is more go-karty but far lighter .
I would say the focus is abit softer being more of a family car having more doors but don't get me wrong if i sound bias as having owned 4 st170's an 2 st225s i am more a focus man than fiesta one but now prefer the latest fiesta as was i was never a fan of the mk 5/6 ones so wen ford announce this one with 6speed and the new ecoBoost lump i quickly ordered mine without hesation or even getting behind the wheel i knew it would good and was right in my choice having owned 59plate Zs and a s1600 which handled beautifully just lacking in power . I was even thinking of getting a focus zetec s at one point with the same 180 engine but didn't like the interior an was more swayed to the fiesta as knew it would be quicker on the 0 to 60 an mid range punch and was right as it is brisk and would say far puncher than my st225 in 2nd and 3rd gear or feels like it is :)

Hope this helps but you may be better waiting for a demo one an make you own mind up on that .

Thanks for that, makes the Focus more appealing I must say!  I originally considered the Focus Zetec S too, but wasn't keen on the interior either.  The ST just looks that much nicer inside, and the extra luxury/ride quality over the Fiesta would be a good upgrade to have as well.  I'm planning on test driving both back to back when they're available, no idea how long the wait may be though!

#88 GuestyBFC

GuestyBFC

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Name: Ricky
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7.5 ST-2
  • Year: 2011

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for that, makes the Focus more appealing I must say!  I originally considered the Focus Zetec S too, but wasn't keen on the interior either.  The ST just looks that much nicer inside, and the extra luxury/ride quality over the Fiesta would be a good upgrade to have as well.  I'm planning on test driving both back to back when they're available, no idea how long the wait may be though!

The ride is fairly firm and you do bounce around a little bit when driving at speed on the motorway, but its certainly not a deal breaker mate.

#89 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,519 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Contributor

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

Not going to lie, I actually prefer the non-LED headlights on the facelift >.<

#90 JoeZS19

JoeZS19

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Name: Joe
  • Ford Model: zetec s mk7
  • Year: 2010

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

thanks for the info GuestyBFC  :) 

Ross M i guess if im paying out for an ST i may aswell get the best spec, i'll have to see what offers my local dealers can do and i'll carry on saving up for a couple more months

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users