7 replies to this topic

#1 scaryfruit

scaryfruit

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCi
Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

Hi all,

Just picked up my new Fiesta mk7 this morning and have been out driving all day! It's great :) I've just got a couple of questions I'd like to check with other owners.

I notice only the rear driver's side fog light comes on, not one on the passenger side. Is this how it's supposed to be?

The ambient lighting around the glove box and next to the interior lights come on, but there doesn't seem to be one in the small compartment area in front of the gear stick. From what I've read on this news group, there should be one even though people are saying it's quite faint. I've had a good look and am sure there's nothing coming on at all in there. For those who have it, can you confirm exactly where the light comes from? Is it from the small slit along the top of the inside of that area?

Thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

Can't help you on the fog light thnig as i've not checked myself :P

But on the ambient lighting, the red light comes from above the gear stick where the cars roof is. If you place your hand just below the main light in the middle in the roof, you will see the red glow in your hand.

#3 Truly55

Truly55

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Ford Model: Hot Magenta Titanium 1.4 with Tech Pack

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:30 AM

The ambient lighting is very poor IMHO with the exception of the footwell lights which are like approach lights to an airfield. As for the rear fog light it is only the drivers side which lights up.

#4 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:03 PM

You only get a rear for on the drivers side on the mk6 as well. Most cars these days only have one rear fog

#5 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

You only get a rear for on the drivers side on the mk6 as well. Most cars these days only have one rear fog

I have a 2008 mk6 facelift 1.4i 5 door zetec climate, brand new car, old stock november 2008,with tech pack and sport pack (got it at knockdown price 7200 I think) and I have got 2 rear fog lights,just checked incase one was a "dummy" but its not,both work fine. Dont know if you get 2 rear fogs with the tech or sport pack that you dont with standard models

Kristal

#6 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

Perhaps it's an optional extra included in the pack. I used to service 3 or 4 cars every day, part of which is a full lights check. As far as I can remember 9 out of 10 "newer" cars didn't have n/s/r fog lights. This is because it is not required for an M.O.T

#7 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

Perhaps it's an optional extra included in the pack. I used to service 3 or 4 cars every day, part of which is a full lights check. As far as I can remember 9 out of 10 "newer" cars didn't have n/s/r fog lights. This is because it is not required for an M.O.T

Yep, it's been going on for donkey's years. The Peugeot 205 was the same. One of my cars, think it was a Peugeot 405 Mi16 only had one rear fog. The funny thing was, it was built into the rear light cluster and the side that didn't have the fog, had the holder for the bulb and the circuit board etc, fitted a bulb and worked a treat. That's what you call penny pinching.

#8 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

Talking of penny pinching... Did you know that the mk2 focus didn't even come with a pollen filter from the factory?!

Have done many first services on them and when a go to change it I find that there's not one there! ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users