Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 (2010) Retrofit Armrest

giwrgos_ath

Yup, already read it, and noticed that I still need 2 x 6x20 screws, guess the bracket comes without any screws right?

Yup, already read it, and noticed that I still need 2 x 6x20 screws, guess the bracket comes without any screws right?

Correct and yes.

Easily found in any hardware store though.

20mm length is not exact though, 15mm and above is fine.

When you remove the old console the rear screws un the tray base are the same diameter as you need but as the heads are rather plain I found the domed 6x20 looked better and filled the recess in the console sides better.

• Like 1

The existing screws are perfect for securing the bracket to the original holes though.

• Like 1

post-38409-0-45878000-1424375602_thumb.j

One last thing missing, one 4.2 x 16mm screw + one sheet metal nut. So far could't find them on my local store, hope I will find on another one.

• 3 months later...

Hello, can anyone give me the part number for that leather gaiter for the mk2.5 that is slightly bigger?

• 6 months later...

So i have just brought a centre console with aux and usb in the armrest part - i need to connect it to the stereo which is the upgraded 6000cd one - oval - all the original wiring is underneath the armrest - is there a plug and play part i can just purchase?

i am a little lost as to what to do - i am not going to be the best at creating and fixing wires -_-

The plug'n'play option from Ford would come as part of a complete dash loom and not really a simple option.

Buy an aux cable from eBay and wire (or ask someone with soldering skills to) in this order-

Wire from pin 6 on the radio connector to black wire on the console loom.

Wire from pin 5 on the radio connector to white / violet wire on console loom.

Wire from pin 11 on the radio connector to grey / white wire on console loom.

post-28494-0-14200300-1452797867_thumb.j

post-28494-0-40431400-1452797877_thumb.j

Thinking on from that, I have an oem aux cable somewhere.

I'll forward that with the bits i've already offered you.

Just chop off the end that would plug into the standard socket and connect to the wires as I've indicated above.

Bare off the end of the wires and attach with small chocblock connectors or better still some jelly crimps if you can tap up a friendly BT or Virgin tech or get some off eBay.

They are perfect for the size of the wires involved.

• Like 1

These are the crimps I was referring to-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PACK-OF-6-8A-2-WIRE-TELEPHONE-JELLY-CRIMPS-BT-VIRGIN-TELECOM-CONNECTOR-JOINER-/252050652981?hash=item3aaf63bf35:g:gUgAAMXQVT9Spvrt

They would be perfect for joining the aux cable wires together and very easy to use as they don't need the ends of the wires baring off, you just feed in the wires and squeeze the top down with pliers to make the connection.

Either that or choc blocks but the connections would be more fiddly.-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3A-Terminal-Choc-Block-Electrical-Connector-CE-Approved-/291532247114?hash=item43e0ad104a:m:mpcH9P_-iayJxHWa82xYbrQ

These are the crimps I was referring to-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PACK-OF-6-8A-2-WIRE-TELEPHONE-JELLY-CRIMPS-BT-VIRGIN-TELECOM-CONNECTOR-JOINER-/252050652981?hash=item3aaf63bf35:g:gUgAAMXQVT9Spvrt

They would be perfect for joining the aux cable wires together and very easy to use as they don't need the ends of the wires baring off, you just feed in the wires and squeeze the top down with pliers to make the connection.

Either that or choc blocks but the connections would be more fiddly.-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3A-Terminal-Choc-Block-Electrical-Connector-CE-Approved-/291532247114?hash=item43e0ad104a:m:mpcH9P_-iayJxHWa82xYbrQ

Thinking on from that, I have an oem aux cable somewhere.

I'll forward that with the bits i've already offered you.

Just chop off the end that would plug into the standard socket and connect to the wires as I've indicated above.

Bare off the end of the wires and attach with small chocblock connectors or better still some jelly crimps if you can tap up a friendly BT or Virgin tech or get some off ebay.

They are perfect for the size of the wires involved.

The plug'n'play option from Ford would come as part of a complete dash loom and not really a simple option.

Buy an aux cable from ebay and wire (or ask someone with soldering skills to) in this order-

Wire from pin 6 on the radio connector to black wire on the console loom.

Wire from pin 5 on the radio connector to white / violet wire on console loom.

Wire from pin 11 on the radio connector to grey / white wire on console loom.

attachicon.gifQuadlock layout 110913 own doc.jpg

attachicon.gifAux 2 Wiring.jpg

Stoney - you are a legend!

Just used your guide to install the arm rest upgrade! What a farce it was to get the old one off! Damaged my heating some how so now only blows out for the windscreen and doesn't change ha! However it looks so much better just from having the centre console changed!

Still need the power and aux cables?

i promise I'll get onto the power cable this week as i now have enough wire in stock.

Concerning your vent controls - there is a sping cable that goes between the dial and vent mechanism, it is a bit brittle o the end connectors and can twist or pop out.

Pull the radio out and check it is seated properly.

You can't miss it, large springy cable with green ends.

Does the selector dial turn freely or is it jammed?

yeah still need the pieces from you, thanks.

My stereo isn't in yet as need to install the new one but been trying to work out how to get the aux in etc so i don't have to install and take it out again.

The heater control does turn freely just dosent actually change - ill check the part you mentioned in a mo.

cheers again.

oh - when i took my old console out - there was a connector fitted inside with loads of wires going under the flooring - then on the new console there is all the wiring going to the same connector underneath - do you think there would be a female part i could get to attach the two bits together? as was thinking maybe this would work everything? minus the aux lead

heres some pictures -

This is the connection in my car once removed from the old console

IMG_7495_zps08ybbdoo.jpg

wiring underneath the flooring

IMG_7496_zpspqxfaigr.jpg

and all the wires from the new console leading into this connection still attached at the side

IMG_7499_zpsdof6biml.jpg

Im thinking that if all the wiring is there - that there must be a part i could get to connect them together which i would guess, things would work in the console?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club