Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Diagnostic

Allymac07

I have focus estate 55 plate. I have had a diagnostic run on my car due to engine management light being on. The fault came back that the DPF is blocked. Reason is that the fluid that is dispenced into the DPF to clean it is empty. Question is...Can the reseviour be filled back up & is there a sensor/control method that needs to be replaced to stop it happening again?

You need the reservoir topping up with eolys fluid.

It isn't cheap if you let Ford do it.

The fluid is about £40 a litre.

For info read here, the data is relevant as yours is a Peugeot/Citroen engine.

http://c4owners.org/plugins/faq/faq.php?0.cat.10.44

Another option is a good fourth gear run at 70mph to force a regeneration by heating the exhaust up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the info, got the fluid. How do you top the fuild up?

From the honest John site-

'I would only use the genuine Ford fluid .It is about £200 for the 5litre refill kit ,but the car takes around 2.5 litres.Then you have the added problem of resetting the dpf system through the diagnostic system.The tank sits at the back of car by the rear axle beam.It is a very messy job as the fluid is like creosote.May be an idea to give Ford dealer a call as they often do a special offer on this job as they only charge for the fluid used'

Haynes manual covers eolys fluid refill in maintenance section, its rated as a difficult 5 spanner job... if the engine management light isn't lit there's a system reset procedure you can follow that involves opening and closing the fuel filler cap x number of times, but if the error light is on it has to be reset with Ford test equipment.

What mileage did you get to before the light came on? Do you know if the fluid has been topped up in the past? Just had mine topped up, cost me £100.