3 replies to this topic

#1 K2008

K2008

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Ford Model: 02 Focus 1.6 Zetec

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:11 AM

Hi,

I've not been using my car alot lately, maybe once a week, due to money issues and all that blah blah.

Got in my car at 7:30am this morning and went to squirt my front window screen to clear the muck off it, and my washer jets didn't work. The thing is, I couldn't even hear the motor working? That's what I am worried/asking about.

When my water jets have been empty/iced up before, and I pressed the knob I could always hear the motor running/working (that whining noise). But this morning there is no sound what so ever, it's all completely dead when I press the knob. I tried the back washer jet as well and that's dead too!

What could this be? A fuse gone? (sorry, I'm really not good with this stuff at all!). I've looked in my user manual and found: "Fuse 53 Reverse light, heated washer jets"... so I will check that out in the morning.

But if it isn't that, what else could it be? I have a 2002 Focus 1.6 Zetec, if that helps :blink: :unsure:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:05 AM

Most likely the fuse. If not your pumps probably nackerd. It's not that hard to change yourself. Can't remember what side it's on. Different sides between the mk1's and 2's I think

#3 w2575

w2575

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2
Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

Most likely the fuse. If not your pumps probably nackerd. It's not that hard to change yourself. Can't remember what side it's on. Different sides between the mk1's and 2's I think

et a buit

Yep sounds about right ! As stated the fuse is a good point to start use a similar fuse for example the rear windscreen and test it that way, but if not and you use different types of screenwash you can get a build up of "slime" which cloggs the pum.
As far as i believe the pump is most often on the same side as the tank so for mk2 its driver side !

good luck

#4 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

Passenger side on the 2002 Mk1.5

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users