Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Cover ?

Oliverb

My focus come with no engine cover , I rang ford who I got the car from and they put one aside for me when I got there i saw they was going to give me a diesle engine cover which i knew wouldnt fit, but i kept quiet and opened the hood they had a look and a fiddle ... Then they said it won't fit and petrol ones don't come with them ... Is this true? I stated my older focus did and that was petrol and my old fiesta also did which was also petrol are they just trying to mug me off or is this true ??

Before leaving I told did tell them they tried to put a diesel one on that's why it didn't fit, as they walked off rudely ignoring me as if I had wasted there time... I thought my misses was going to knock them out because of how rude they was to be honest ...

What age/engine?

Perhaps one of us could share a picture for you?

I have a ford focus titanium 1.6 08

The car in my display pic

Just spoke to my mate who has a 08 1.6 Zetec and his has one so being the your is Titanium I reckon you should defiantly have one.

Just spoke to my mate who has a 08 1.6 Zetec and his has one so being the your is Titanium I reckon you should defiantly have one.

Is it petrol?

Indeed it is a petrol :-D

Sounds pretty conclusive to me then.

@OP have you tried searching eBay?

Technically no car needs one just makes it look a lot tidier but like ajt said try eBay or call the dealership again and complain for being so rude.

Thanks guys , that's exactly what I thought !! I just wanted to hear it from other people I knew ford where trying to mug me off .. I even have screw holes for one ... What idiots !!

Yeah I will make sure I get one I want to do the hydrographic dipping on it ... Search it - it's mad !!

My car (Petrol) did not come with an engine cover either. It was not a titanium version, but when i was browsing at the dealership, no petrol versions had covers.

I know you can get a cover for underneath your engine from a dealer, but this is what you are after...

Someone with access to microcat might be able to tell you if such part exists

Yeah,

I reckon they took it off when they serviced it and didn't put it back on ...

However I do know sometimes they take them off if the engine gets to hot - still that's not the point I paid for the car I want all the parts that should come with it lol !!

I have a 58 1.8 zetec petrol n mine did come with it hope this helps

1 thing I was goin to ask is mine didnt come with a heat shield foam cover thing on the inside of the bonnet is this how they come

Thank you ,

From what I remember of my previous ones they had a thin layer of soft material wasn't to foamy though.

To be honest I wouldn't have thought it maters tooooo much , don't quote me on that though !!!

I hope someone can give you the answer you are looking for better than what I can that knows for 100%

my 1.6 petrol didnt come with an engine cover either

think there was a few threads on this before where most 1.6 petrol owners didnt have covers

i think the 1.8 did though n the 2.0 sure i've seen 1.8 and 2.0 petrols with covers

hydro dipping one would look good though

i've been hydro dipping for a while, just waiting for some decent weather again so i can resume the process

i've got a 1.6 diesel cover laying around that i'm gonna carbon dip

Ah it's a pain this cover business , like I said sometimes they take them off because the engine get too hot with it.

I will get one anyway !!

Ah that's awesome have you hydro dipped any other parts of your car I would like to see pics if you have ?

I am debating whether to do my fog covers !!

Engine undertray is available off eBay volvo v40 uses the same tray ford did it to penny pinch basically keeps crud off the engine quietens the car down as well and prevents stone damage

I have a 1.6 2006 LX and it had no cover. The spark plug well was full of water too. I got the water out and used a volvo cover and bolts on mine and it has worked a treat. The cover was about £20 and the bolts about £2 each (was a little less than this). Rang my local volvo dealer and they ordered the parts and I went and picked them up the same day. Easy to fit. Take a look at the first pose her:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29570-solution-to-water-in-plug-ports/

Hope it is a little help to you.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club