Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member From Manchester

bigjim-85

Evening all

I have been thinking its about time I got my Mk2 Fiesta XR2 back on the road, so naturally the first thing to do was look for a good forum to join, hence here I am.

I have owned the car about 8 years now, but it has spent the last 6 years in the garage due to a cooked engine. I bought a rear ended XR2i for the 75k engine and stripped and sold all the other bits a couple of months after the engine went so theoretically I have what I need to do the job, but I might as well go the whole hog and get the body and other running gear sorted before the transplant.

As soon as I start working on it which will be about 6 weeks time as I'm going away in 4 weeks I will get a build thread up.

Welcome to the club James, theres a few folk working on restoring/fixing up XR2's lately so im sure you will all be able to help each other out :)

Thanks for the welcome

I'm going to have a good look at the forum later to find my way around it, as its a completely different set up to the forum for my daily driver.

No problem we're a good bunch and will help you out as and where we can :)

Cheers for the warm welcomes, and Dan I hope people are willing to help as it's been many a year since I had a play with a Ford tbh

They are all I used to own and work on as I love classic Fords, but I got offered a good deal on a Mk4 Golf TDI from a friend that I bought whilest I fixed up the XR2 and I got addicted to the torque and toys of it and kept to the dark side of VW's.

I'm now in a better financial situation and want a weekend/summer toy, and if you have ever owned a Mk2 Fiesta with up rated suspension you will know there are few better handling cars in the twisties emotion-34.gif

I now run the below as a daily :ph34r: so if your local and you see me don't be affraid to say hello to someone in a VW emotion-21.gif

Carcover.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome mate!

I love the XR2, if only I had spare money :(

I wanted to fix it up last summer, but money wouldn't alow :( This year I want to at least get a good chunk of the work done on it, even if it doesn't make it onto the road until next summer.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums