Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tire Pressures

Aldoo

Hi

if you dont want a nice story of my day skip down the page :) ..

been rushing to throw my 18"s on today

its earlier than i wanted but i was checking the car over and found the fronts were very close to the limit

as i bought second hand i put 35PSI in them just to exaggerate any punctures (but all was well)

i drove about 30 miles today and noticed a bit of a noise and also it was just floating when cornering at moderate speeds.

i put this down to high pressure without thinking too much into it and put them down to 32

when driving and shaking the steering wheel (in a 'boyracer-tire-warming' fashion, as a TEST!) i though it still felt a bit floaty. but when i got to a roundabout it seemed glued well enough

im now thinking the 'spongeyness' is normal, but obviously im not a nob who does it and would notice! haha

..Long story short:

im thinking maybe run 33 front, 32 rear (as the diesel engine weighs about 29 tonnes(some clarkson style exaggeration there ;) ))

what do others running 18s have in their tires?

Thanks guys

PS, ill be making my project thread later tonight or tomorrow for people to have a look :)

Dont know need to invest in a tyre pressure gauge they do state near the back of the owners manual what pressures you should use like

Iv got the gauge mate.

But i wondering if anyone has experience with it.

Also, i think the door sill sticker only states for petrol models so i don't know if it'll be different?

Cheers

Here's the label from my 2008 1.6Tdci

Tyre Pressure Label 20130301 071308

Only thing that's different for a Tdci is the front pressure for 205/55-16 tyres; the rest are the same whatever the engine.

If you check your owners manual it gives you the required pressure for all variations petrol and diesel

i would say in all honesty 30 front or 31 max and 32 rear those pressures are based on x amount of passengers weighing 12 stone etc start at 30 front and 32 rear try that

Mine only feels OK with 30/31 front. 1.6TDCI also. Feels really floaty at anything higher. Actually posted on here about this, thought it was knackered it felt so bad!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club