Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

Delete please mods :-)

James you get an air filter, 10 bhp remap and Mountune badge for £375. The fitting isn't included (80 / 100 quid) whereas superchips give you a 25bhp increase and free instalation (self install) for an extra 20 quid.

Although the mountune figures didnt meet expectations. Their info does say more products soon, might be a good foundation for people that to modify further. Just hasnt appealed to those that are happy with just a remap.

I was hoping for a 150 bhp remap. Induction and intercooler and set aside a fair bit of cash to cover it.

I'm just disappointed that mountune only really offered a remap and didn't make it clear that there is also a charge to install it. An uprated air filter isn't really a selling point as most people have them already.

Oh you do get a free mountune badge though :)

Isn't the Bluefin nearer 30bhp

151bhp max :)

151bhp max :)

Every BHP extra counts :-)

• Like 1

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/ford-10-get-177bhp

Could be close to an ST beater in the future

Good find, can't wait to see what Ford will bring to the table in the best future. Great rival for other big manufactories and value for your money I believe. Would love to see them release a RWD car to compete with German companies and other renowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

It's an old story but the Ecoboost engines will be the future for Ford and when they learn to get the best out of the technology the engine will only get better and better

I really want to go back to a Bluefin but don't want to go through the hassle like before.

Really wish everyone would stop slating Monotune, their product will be far superior to anything superchips can make, also they won't duck up your warranty, given the fact everyone in this thread cries over costs wait till you have to buy a new turbo or gearbox, and for the record if you flag a fault on the ecu you cannot put it back to standard and go running back to Ford for help, once a fault is on there it has to be erased properly ( not cleared )

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I don't think warranty is at the forefront of anyones mind if considering a remap! I'm just a tad disappointed as I was hoping it'd be at least on par with the MP140 package they had for the preface lift zetec s. Considering what other tuning companies have got out of it I was a little surprised at 135. Who knows what they might have in the not too distant future though?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Really wish everyone would stop slating Monotune, their product will be far superior to anything superchips can make, also they won't duck up your warranty, given the fact everyone in this thread cries over costs wait till you have to buy a new turbo or gearbox, and for the record if you flag a fault on the ecu you cannot put it back to standard and go running back to Ford for help, once a fault is on there it has to be erased properly ( not cleared )

That's a bold claim, on what grounds do you state that? The warranty part is of course a valid point, all though superchips does give uk users a limited warranty. I think most people are just disappointed with the long wait and less than hoped for bhp gain.

- John

• Like 3

Anyone would think you work for the company. Nobody is slating mountune, we all wanted to have a mountune upgrade but paying near on £400 just is not worth 10bhp increase. We're just disappointed with figures released but I'm sure in future they will have an improvement. Bluefin is a great product but at the moment is still problematic, I know that they're having issues with start/stop at the moment. Easiest way to resolve it is someone to drive there and have their car as a tester and paying £125 rather then the full price, then the map will be refined :)

• Like 2

That's a bold claim, on what grounds do you state that? The warranty part is of course a valid point, all though superchips does give uk users a limited warranty. I think most people are just disappointed with the long wait and less than hoped for bhp gain.

- John

Superchips only warrant their product nothing else, doesn't actually bother me in the slightest but there are way too many teenie boppers here who have no idea how remaps actually work and just look at a powergraph ( uploaded not scanned / photographed ) and not to mention Superchips do not disclose the conditions and fuel used to get those gains, it wouldn't surprise me if they used a 102 octane fuel as they have done in the past and other bits such as removing the air filter and exhaust sections ( as they not adding other modifications but removing restricting elements )

Surprised also with their fan base that no one here has posted their epic gains from this remap.

Superchips also offer a remap to a claimed 228bhp on the ST way more than what even puma speed can produce safely. Point is safely without wrecking your engine and management software which superchips won't give a !Removed! about.

Matt, the dyno graph on their website for the ecoboost is my car. They used mine to tester, using regular fuel and not taking any components out. Increase from 123bhp to 151bhp, timed 0-60 in 7.8 seconds. Torque 200nm to 247nm. Not complaining at all as the car is just a commuter to and from work, more fuel efficient now than it was with getting around 500miles out of £40, and that's short journeys. With my warranty my car is a 62 plate and due to run out not too soon, so I wasn't phased.

• Like 3

I don't think warranty is at the forefront of anyones mind if considering a remap! I'm just a tad disappointed as I was hoping it'd be at least on par with the MP140 package they had for the preface lift zetec s. Considering what other tuning companies have got out of it I was a little surprised at 135. Who knows what they might have in the not too distant future though?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Agreed

Anyone would think you work for the company. Nobody is slating mountune, we all wanted to have a mountune upgrade but paying near on £400 just is not worth 10bhp increase. We're just disappointed with figures released but I'm sure in future they will have an improvement. Bluefin is a great product but at the moment is still problematic, I know that they're having issues with start/stop at the moment. Easiest way to resolve it is someone to drive there and have their car as a tester and paying £125 rather then the full price, then the map will be refined :)

Well said

Superchips only warrant their product nothing else, doesn't actually bother me in the slightest but there are way too many teenie boppers here who have no idea how remaps actually work and just look at a powergraph ( uploaded not scanned / photographed ) and not to mention Superchips do not disclose the conditions and fuel used to get those gains, it wouldn't surprise me if they used a 102 octane fuel as they have done in the past and other bits such as removing the air filter and exhaust sections ( as they not adding other modifications but removing restricting elements )

Surprised also with their fan base that no one here has posted their epic gains from this remap.

As for warranty: http://www.superchips.co.uk/s/warranty

You're really trying hard to make superchips look bad, but unless you have any proof to back these statements up, its just baseless claims.

My personal experience with them has been positive, and the performance gain is very noticeable with standard RON 95 petrol and everything else stock.

- John

• Like 1

I can't see why you have such a strong opinion against superchips and think so highly of mountune, how is mountunes 135 kit better?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

ST owners be thinking they know best.

Yawn.

• Like 1

In his first rant (sorry post) about it, he mentions Monotune, so maybe he is talking about another company as the last time I checked they were called Mountune, lol

Superchips also offer a remap to a claimed 228bhp on the ST way more than what even puma speed can produce safely. Point is safely without wrecking your engine and management software which superchips won't give a !Removed! about.

You know pumaspeed have a 240 package for the ST right?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club