Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

Well to be fair, considering the MP140 package for the 1.6 zetec s costs £1395 + fitting and results in 140PS / 170nm and 0-60 in 7.9 seconds.

I feel pretty okay with the idea of paying £375 + fitting for 135PS / 215nm, plus warranty intact etc... 0-60 can't be that far off either!

• Like 2

Has anyone got the bluefin remap and any other mods like induction or exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Installed Bluefin to my ZS today, so thought I would revive this thread....How is everyone else with Bluefin finding it after driving it for a while?

I have only been on a short test drive with mine, and while i loved the power in 2nd (didnt get chance to give it some much in the other gears), I did notice the power cut back in 1st and sometimes second, which i also agree feels like the traction control.

Has anybody felt any lumpiness when coming off throttle? If coming off full throttle to half throttle at midrange revs the car sort of backs off the power altogether, then applies too much power, then settles at half throttle where i wanted it, all in the space of like a second. Coming from full throttle to no throttle is fine, it just seems to happen when going from full throttle to part throttle.

Mine does something like that and I don't have bluefin installed, it's strange as you come off the throttle and the thing just accelerates again without any throttle Input!

With the blufin I get the hesitation in 1st when giving it some around 3.5k revs. 99.9% sure its not wheelspin, it feels like the car bogs down for a split second, definate power loss feeling

It's bone dry outside today and with traction control off and a perfect flat bit of road it will take full power in 1st. If the road is uneven though it cuts power straight away, almost like any tiny little slip that's detected means all power is cut a millisecond later

It's bone dry outside today and with traction control off and a perfect flat bit of road it will take full power in 1st. If the road is uneven though it cuts power straight away, almost like any tiny little slip that's detected means all power is cut a millisecond later

That's the spirit, now get it up on 3 wheels, like a boss!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 3

That's the spirit, now get it up on 3 wheels, like a boss!

Nicely put!

You might be able to break traffic laws but you cant break the laws of phisics

With a conventional diff a FWD car does not grip well with one of the front wheels off the ground - need to invest in an ATB (automatic torque biasing) diff to get the power down, traction control, ESP etc just cuts the power to the front wheel with the least grip and a regular diff with no TC/ ESP just spins - try putting 370+nm down with FWD, no TC / or anything + remember the gearbox acts like a torque multiplier in the lower gears

Thats it - fit a Bluefin and whinge and moan that you are getting more wheelspin - more power/ torque = more wheelspin

• Like 1

Mine does something like that and I don't have bluefin installed, it's strange as you come off the throttle and the thing just accelerates again without any throttle Input!

Boost pumping - a problem with early turbo cars -some early Audi turbos used to do this - there was so much lag the throttle did not seem to be connected to the engine and the car might "take off" just as you are lifting off the throttle

when you "boot" it it energises the turbo, if you lift completely off the throttle the ECU cuts the fuel, but if you are on part-throttle the energy/ boost is still "in the system" - its all about the engineers balancing, performance/ economy/ drivability/ lag etc

Other cars were "all or nothing" and the throttle was like a switch - full throttle or no throttle with no in-between - thats what turbo cars used to be like and we had to adapt our driving style to suit

• Like 1

What kind of power (bhp) are you gettin from a 1ltr T with bluefin??

Been answered but you'll also notice max power isn't on the floor but just a touch from it. Primitive set up imo

Nicely put!

You might be able to break traffic laws but you cant break the laws of phisics

With a conventional diff a FWD car does not grip well with one of the front wheels off the ground - need to invest in an ATB (automatic torque biasing) diff to get the power down, traction control, ESP etc just cuts the power to the front wheel with the least grip and a regular diff with no TC/ ESP just spins - try putting 370+nm down with FWD, no TC / or anything + remember the gearbox acts like a torque multiplier in the lower gears

Thats it - fit a Bluefin and whinge and moan that you are getting more wheelspin - more power/ torque = more wheelspin

Wow you're condescending. You think you are the only person on here who understands how things work. The traction control used to allow some slip before cutting the power altogether, now you don't feel any slip and boom the powers gone. You don't even get a chance to regulate the throttle yourself, which you could before. I am well aware more power and torque equals more potential wheel spin.

I'm not bitching and moaning, I'm asking for other people's experiences before I either contact superchips or just adjust my driving style, this is what forums are for.

• Like 1

Well said. I think its more of an issue with the map than wheel spin. It doesnt feel like wheels spin/traction control that ive experienced in any other car.

My first map had terrible cut back issues, the updated one they gave me (day or two after original) had no hold back. The TC comes in really early if it detects slight grip loss though. The TC system is a bit primitive i think.

I've got a Collins Performance map on mine. Pretty chuffed with it so far.

Dont get me wrong I love the bluefin. And as its the wifes car there will hardly be times a flat out 1st gear with tc off will happen. The main improvement for me is 2nd gear and up the boost is great.much smoother and a better all round drive.

Those numbers looks pretty !Removed! decent!

Not bad if you have a spare 2.5k floating around

There is already a lot of dispute about how long the 1.0T will last running 125bhp. Think it will last long with 170?

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

There is already a lot of dispute about how long the 1.0T will last running 125bhp. Think it will last long with 170?

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Can you link these disputes ?

Can you link these disputes ?

I'm going to guess and say it's unfounded speculation by people who don't want to admit it's a great engine. Ford will do 100's of thousands of miles of testing on these engines, that's good enough for me. I don't think I'll be pushing it to 170bhp though.

• Like 1