Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

MattDRX, why is it since you got rid of your 1.0 ltr. ecoboost and got your st2 you do nothing but ridicule the smaller guy in his/her 1.0 ltr ?

You just come across as being very bitter.

I'm not open for an argument, I'm just stating a fact, yes a fact.

Roger.

I wouldn't say bitter, I'd say more arrogant, cocky, immature, I could go on but I'm sure you can work the rest out...
  • Like 1

In relation to voiding the warranty, Unfortunately yes, when you change the map it will leave a trace on the ECU so even if you revert back to stock map a technician can still tell you have chipped it at some point. Bit of a bummer really!

MattDRX, why is it since you got rid of your 1.0 ltr. ecoboost and got your st2 you do nothing but ridicule the smaller guy in his/her 1.0 ltr ?

You just come across as being very bitter.

I'm not open for an argument, I'm just stating a fact, yes a fact.

Roger.

Not quite, I just find it hard to belive that a 1.0 has a faster 0.60 quicker than an Audi TT and tons of others from a generic £300 mod. That's all.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

I totally agree it shouldn't be feasible but some of the lads on here are seeing these times or should I say very close to the times of the audi tt and the likes. My point was that having looked at various posts from people I have noticed that over your last say 10 posts/replys all you seem to do is slate the little 1.0 ltr, come on Matt give the little guy a break. :)

I for one are on here for knowledge and past time, not to be belittled or feel inferior because I can't afford an st2 or bigger car or because insurance premiums are extortionate, so what if your car is faster than mine, 9 out of 10 I will see you sat at the next set of traffic lights waiting for them to change.

By the way, I came from an MPS and before that an STI subaru so I know what it's like to beat the little guy up, but I never picked on him, where's the fun in knowing you can do it?

• Like 4

I think he's just a little insecure, and uses his car comparisons to boost his self image, Sadly I know the type, I dated one for all of a couple weeks...he had a Scooby Impreza which you would think spoke for itself, but he was just the same.

If Ford ever bring out an RS and he bought one, you know he would be straight on here winding up the ST owners for having a 'slow' car. :)

• Like 5

I think he's just a little insecure, and uses his car comparisons to boost his self image, Sadly I know the type, I dated one for all of a couple weeks...he had a Scooby Impreza which you would think spoke for itself, but he was just the same.

If Ford ever bring out an RS and he bought one, you know he would be straight on here winding up the ST owners for having a 'slow' car. :)

RS fiesta?

It's coming but I'm happy enough with my ecoboost too :wub:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I think *some* ST owners also don't like the fact that on the fiesta forum the 1.0L has the most hype surrounding it, and the most threads and posts to do with modifying and interest in them.

When I was on the Peugeot 207 forum nearly every thread was about the top spec car, the GTI, whereas here it is the lower spec 1.0L that probably has the most amount of posts.

Part of this is to do with the 1.0L engine being unique and new, while the ST is an amazing car and rated the best in its class, its still a pretty common formula of 1.6L 4pot turbo in small hatch. Also the allure of a light car with a good amount of power, good potential for more power, and very cheap running costs is massive, and people want to know more. But the ST guys want people to talk about their car.

Speed is nothing without skill and common sense.

Sent from my SM-G900F

• Like 2

I think *some* ST owners also don't like the fact that on the fiesta forum the 1.0L has the most hype surrounding it, and the most threads and posts to do with modifying and interest in them.

When I was on the Peugeot 207 forum nearly every thread was about the top spec car, the GTI, whereas here it is the lower spec 1.0L that probably has the most amount of posts.

Part of this is to do with the 1.0L engine being unique and new, while the ST is an amazing car and rated the best in its class, its still a pretty common formula of 1.6L 4pot turbo in small hatch. Also the allure of a light car with a good amount of power, good potential for more power, and very cheap running costs is massive, and people want to know more. But the ST guys want people to talk about their car.

This is correct, the 1.0L is an everyday car to live with, for all ages. The ST is a standard 1.6L 4pot turbo in a small hot hatch like most other cars as you stated.

There is no point people getting aggy over the power increase output? I think it's amazing that this 3pot 1 litre will output under 7.5 seconds, as I stated and others we have had under these times and close to 7 seconds, the increase is simply outstanding. Those also slating how long the engine will last too, you have to remember Ford do not just make these engines do a couple thousand miles then release them before testing, it goes through rigorous testing to make sure they will last a very long time. Personally, I don't even use the map for the power output only, I'm enjoying better MPG. I just feel sorry for whoever has this car next, I'm upgrading soon but to a completely different make simply for a more luxury drive whilst still having power. Definitely will just put this back to standard and trade in.

Don't forget guys & dolls ... the little fella sounds just like a golf when you shut the door as well. :)

thankyou, people seem to feel that Matt is a !Removed! too

pardon my language but its true

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

And on a lighter note Mountune will soon be giving us the chance to put there map through its paces ;)

From an email received today

" MP135 is ready to go we are just waiting on Ford to release the calibration in the Ford system – we can upgrade right now here at HQ but currently outside of the Ford system so better to wait until officially available – this should be very soon"

Willy, get the bluefin again, the new map is that good you will be like Mountune Smountune :-)

Seriously though, I took my mate out in it today and although its been a few months since he'd last been in it when it was standard, he couldn't believe how quick it is now. He has a 1.6 petrol 208 and i took him over a country road that he goes over every day on the way to work, and he was like "my car wont even accelerate up that hill, never mind accelerate hard enough to push you into your seat"

I'm still seriously thinking about coming back to bluefin. May give them a call in the morning.

Aiden just to put you straight I don't feel that Matt is a "whatever you said", I have no beef with the guy, Matt has some constructive points most of the time, I was just defending mine & others little "ecobeast 1.0 ltr".

Your little ta ta ta with Matt has nothing to do with me or others thinking the guy is a pratt or whatever, your attitude stank from what I read, but I didn't and don't judge you for that, I hope this doesn't offend you or Matt or any other persons on this forum, this is not why I/we are here, so lets get back to what this thread is about, "more power".

Lol at all of this. People read into posts far too much, has anyone else on here seen a 1.0 out do a TT? Let alone a 13k car. Toyota had to make a one off Aygo with a rear engined celica 190 engine in it just to reach those specs. ( it was called the Aygo Crazy ) currently that map is the best mod in Europe £ per bhp by an extremely long way. But if the times.are correct ill be amazed, not in a sarcastic way but genuinely impressed.

And seriously women of the forum don't get to judging people over a car, you don't know the type, you encountered one dude in your life who loved a car and it went wrong, you know nothing about me. Aiden as said get over it, as for your PM saying sorry I don't want to argue dude, unsure what your post was for??

But back OT, what app is this people are using to measure the times with? Be good to give it a go and see how it works (not to discredit but out of interest ) personally I don't think the ST does 7 seconds would be good to check.

Now as everyone claims to be mature adults here, end of, over it.

Rant finished.

And bigrog, reason I ditched the ST wasn't due to power, I didn't like the fact the car felt like it was going to roll over turning the wheel 10 degrees, I felt the brakes were !Removed! and the seats were pretty uncomfortable. I also bought it on the promise of good economy which as we know it doesn't really return anything like the paperwork says, I dropped 4 mpg switching to ST and I just think it's much more comfortable and the seats are pretty damn epic. Plus residuals will off set the extra cost ( hopefully ) not trying to beat the car down I genuinely liked most of it up to 60mph when it ran out of breath.

I came from a mk2.5 Focus ST remaped and love the fiesta. The Focus was a great car but running costs were too high. I'd have gone for a fiesta ST if there was a 5 door variant so the 1.0 was the only other choice for my budget.

Oh and I love the my fiesta ;)

New focus ST is much better on fuel and tax now but a bit too pricy, much much cheaper to private lease than pcp though. Quite annoyed, gateway2lease have FiST for a 1k deposit and 200 PM. 3.5k cheaper than fords deal and they service and tax it. For a st2 as well, the joys of not having to pay the VAT on a car.

Ditched the ST? you gone back to a Zs again :)

On a serious note Matt, I agree fully on the seats, the ST ones are really nice, also the mpg is rubbish against the quoted figures, any way lets just leave it there and please stop picking on my little fella. :)

superchips do plenty of maps for other cars that increase by more than 25-30bhp for the same price. Though as a percentage of the original horsepower it probably is one of the best, due to the fact turbo cars map very well and this being one of the lowest powered turbo cars available other than something like a smart car which are something like 750cc.

One of the best maps for improvements to 0-60? yes maybe, but again what other cars have turbo engines that can be increased by 20% extra power and weigh not a huge amount over 1000kg's? 20% off 9.4 seconds to 60mph is 7.5 seconds.

The android app people are using is Ulysse speedometer, unsure if its available for iOS.

Lol didn't have a zs even just a Z. Shame they never made a "sport" version, 1.0 with all the ST kit, seats and suspension set up all in. Would have been so much better then.

Personal sniping is not appreciated.

Keep it civil or the thread will be locked.

Sent from my SM-G900F

my attitude doesnt stink, it was the fact whne 'matt' answered one of my topics he came accross very dicky and as the other guys said (cant remember) but he came across in a way that was best described by others so yeah anyway, lets just leave it

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club