Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

I'm going to look at powerflow. Will update you guys.

Had a powerflow on my seat great bit of kit :)

• Like 1

Oh yeah of course, was going to say this to the guy who had his mate timing him, chuck him out, the 1.0 goes so much better with just one person driving.

Mazda for instance tested the RX8 times on a downhill slope in sterile conditions, making the specs a lot better than they ever were.

Manufactuers even put the car on slicks, tape up the grills, remove the mirrors and disconnect the alternator all in the same of boosting performance and testing figures.

iirc for 0-60 times you need your tyres nice and flat ( almost ) flabby tyres and much harder to spin, saw the results years ago with a R5 GTT @ 330BHP, they found dropping the pressure to around 15 PSI they never spun and produced much better times.

I would chuck him out but wouldn't fancy timing it myself with a stopwatch, don't want to use an app cause they're not that reliable. I know they do that with the MPG figures too, literally disconnect everything they can, lift up the bonnet with a fan feeding cool air, the lot.

I'm not sure what the obsession is with 0-60 times

We be living life a quarter mile at a time.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

For me it was just to compare the standard car against the bluefin.

We be living life a quarter mile at a time.

U sound like that dead guy from the Fast & the furious movies

Not been on here in a while but thought I would up date you guys on the 100ps bluefin remap.

In Jan it was my car that was used for developing the remap for this little engine and got the remap free and just had to pay cost for the handset. The map was fine and only a few little things u notice from the original apart from the extra power.

1. Fuel eco stayed the same for me which i think is great for the gains.

2. low down driveability is much better also. just pulls strongly from the get go.

3. and this is the only issue I find really. Its like every now and then but quite hard to replicate i find. When moving at speed and put my foot down and even if i change down a gear its like theres turbo lag or something going on. Nothing happejns for about 2 seconds and just ever so slightly jerks the car and then the power comes in. Bit of a strange one.

Any way last weekend to prep the car for little service as its done a few miles already this year i went to reload my original map back from the bluefin to the car. It went through the process fine all progress bars showed and got to the end and its asked me to turn ignition off and unplug the device.

So when i tried to start the car it would not start and comes up with every malfunction on the screen from immobiliser to power steering. So i tried the bluefin again and it just comes up with an error E001 and is unable to read PCM and there was not way of sorting this as superchips are closed at the weekend. We had to get the AA take us home and they dropped the car off at our ford dealer and i messaged superchips with the details.

Monday i had a call from superchips and snet the map back to my bluefin and put the handset to a recovery mode which should have sorted the issue and let me remap it again as it looked like the bluefin deleted the map on the device.

So due to working a late shift i tried the bluefin on tuesday morning and it still did the same thing and so ford had to check it out and they found the ECU was totaly wiped and had nothing on it and of course was not covered on warranty.

Slightly lost trust in the device now and superchips to be honest. I tried to see if i can claim it from the superchips warranty as it looks to me its obviously an issue with the bluefin as its worked on the car before and it went through the progress bars and things fine but superchips would not cover it. So just a heads up and keep it in mind. if you dont have a second car to get you to work and back if your bluefin fails at the weekend then maybe look into something else.....

Thank's for the heads up Dominic, was thinking of getting one for my Zs Ecoboost, why go back to original map for a service? I can't see the point, am I missing the point to do this.

Cheers, Roger.

Thank's for the heads up Dominic, was thinking of getting one for my Zs Ecoboost, why go back to original map for a service? I can't see the point, am I missing the point to do this.

Cheers, Roger.

Just as its something not covered under warranty and there is a chance they would do an ecu update you see so pluging the bluefin in would save the tuned map onto ready to reload when the car was sorted.

Oh yeah of course, was going to say this to the guy who had his mate timing him, chuck him out, the 1.0 goes so much better with just one person driving.

Mazda for instance tested the RX8 times on a downhill slope in sterile conditions, making the specs a lot better than they ever were.

Manufactuers even put the car on slicks, tape up the grills, remove the mirrors and disconnect the alternator all in the same of boosting performance and testing figures.

iirc for 0-60 times you need your tyres nice and flat ( almost ) flabby tyres and much harder to spin, saw the results years ago with a R5 GTT @ 330BHP, they found dropping the pressure to around 15 PSI they never spun and produced much better times.

Seems like cheating, does'nt it?

Thats the driven wheels they put at 15psi - the undriven ones they put up to 40+ psi to reduce drag and only in a straight line (0-60/ 0-100/ 1/4-mile)

Some FWD cars set up for 1/4-mile drags have spacesavers on the back and wide slicks on the front - just for 1/4 mile - not good for handling

I own a 100ps ecoboost and last Saturday I took my car over to Collin performance for a remap!! Taking the power up from 100ps to just over 140ps with everything stock on it!! The power difference is amazing!! I've driven a superchip ecoboost and that doesn't even compare to how sweet the Collin performance remap delivers power! best money spent so far it a must be said!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

As I've just got myself an ST, the induction hoses I got from pumaspeed are up on eBay, a quick search for 'ford fiesta ecoboost silicon hose' should bring them up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Did they make much difference in sound or anything mate as I'm looking to buy some blue ones cheers

Yeah you get more wastegate chatter and I felt the throttle response was a tad quicker

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Getting ready for the Mountune upgrade ;)

20140513_172511_zpsuty9vl9z.jpg

Cool. When are you getting it?

When they release it ;)

Its only available through Mountunes head office at the moment. I'm waiting to get my local dealer to install it but its still not ready yet :(

Mountune remap booked for the fiesta on the 2nd June at Mountune HQ :D

for anyone thats interested. This is the state of play with the MP135 remap at the moment.

Cost is arround £400 including fitting and VAT

Here's a copy of a post from the mountune forum.

Guys,

Yes you can have the Ford-approved MP135 upgrade fitted at Mountune HQ now. If you're interested, just give us a call on 01277 226666 to discuss or to book in.

The calibration is not available in ETIS yet, so Ford dealers can't fit these just yet.

Just remember, the fact that we release this upgrade at 135ps doesn't mean that's all we are able to achieve power-wise! It means this is the level we are able to have signed off whilst retaining your warranty.

I'd also remind you that just because other companies "claim" higher power figures, firstly it doesn't mean that's what you'll get, and secondly you have no guarantee of reliability or "usable" power.

Best regards,

Scott

hi I want my 1.0 125bhp remapping but can't call right now as still at work how much does it cost and are they able to get 140bhp and how much would that be

hi I want my 1.0 125bhp remapping but can't call right now as still at work how much does it cost and are they able to get 140bhp and how much would that be

Cost £400, Power 135ps

There are other firms that offer more BHP if 135 isnt enough though Mountune offer a ford warranty whilst the others dont.

Claim be the word Scott. Any chance you can put your graph up to compare to evilchips? Their ones never look particularly smooth imo. More so, where's the mr pack for the ST? I really don't want to have to go to leeds for pumaspeed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club