Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

hi guys, i am a regular on different forums but this thread is like golddust as not many people have done stuff to theirs yet.

superchips or collins that is the question!

superchips claim 151bhp and 234nm or torque.

what do collins actually claim as its not written on their site.

i would assume its just luck with what power i actually get as every engine is different etc.

do you guys think it would be better to get a custom map, as by the time i get around to doing one it will have a decat and an induction kit. or will the map compensate anyway?

I've got the Collins remap on my fiesta they told me it's mapped to 140bhp but mine feels a lot quicker than 140bhp and I've not got any extra things on my fiesta just a remap!! And if you decatting your fiesta and putting an induction kit on ot before you map it you take you car to Collins and they will do a map to your car just like they did to mine!! And it only cost £320!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Pumaspeed have started doing a home tuning remap kit thing and I am tempted by it. But is it worth it?

Any good remap is worth it on the 1litre if you aren't too fussed about any warranty implications. It really wakes the engine up, the torque increase around 3000rpm is amazing. I have the bluefin and really recommend it, bout 3 months on and it still puts a smile on my face every time I hit peak torque and it surges forward.

how is others with fuel economy? improved, same or increased?

Any feedback/comparison with the Mountune kit yet?

how is others with fuel economy? improved, same or increased?

About the same I'd say.

Any feedback/comparison with the Mountune kit yet?

This may answer your question

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/42729-ecoboost-10-tuning-possibilities-more-powerrrr/?p=370692

• 2 weeks later...

Iv just done the pumaspeed remap stage 1. 145bhp and iv been getting 63mpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

That's probably the highest any owner has even gotten out of a 1.0 ecoboost.... Even at stock with normal driving 45mpg was a push with the 100ps version....

65 on the motorway thats over about 300 miles though just a week driving to work. Dropps massively at weekend lol

Did you go to them for the remap or did you get the home kit as such? how does it drive now?

I got the remap box so I can do it off my laptop but I did go to them to get it done. Looked really easy they send u the software and iv got my original map, stage 1 and 2 with the box.

Stage 1 with air filter. Amazing revs much higher. Feels so much better. Mpg has improved as long as you behave. Cant wait to get stage 2 now

No but they have a demo car everything been done to that in stages . Thats at 170bhp now stage 3. They have had it on a rolling road aswell they seem to know what there talking about. Im still learning but they are very helpfull

may have to invest in this, thanks for the update pal, whats the pull like?

Mid range seems ro be the best but quicker of the line and I hit 105 in 3rd took up to 125 and still pulling not yet taken it further I dont speed by the way just saying

No but they have a demo car everything been done to that in stages . Thats at 170bhp now stage 3. They have had it on a rolling road aswell they seem to know what there talking about. Im still learning but they are very helpfull

Collins performance all the way!! ;)

If anyone is interested, I am selling my Bluefin device. Wouldn't ask for a lot. You do have to contact Bluefin themselves and have it reset which is £115 I believe.

How much are you looking for it?

Whatever is being offered, that's sensible

That's probably the highest any owner has even gotten out of a 1.0 ecoboost.... Even at stock with normal driving 45mpg was a push with the 100ps version....

I have according to the car seen 71mpg also a couple of high 60s although most of the time its is high 40 to mid 50s i will put up the evidence.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Are those figures over full tanks of fuel or average during a certain journey? Ive had it in the 60's but by the tank needed refuelling it wasback down to 46.

Single journey havent really worked out per tank as such

Sent from my LG-D855 using Ford OC mobile app

Normally if I get a good mpg figure from a to b. It normally gets knocked down on the return journey.

with the bluefin I can get 46mpg consistently per tank of fuel.

Normally if I get a good mpg figure from a to b. It normally gets knocked down on the return journey.

with the bluefin I can get 46mpg consistently per tank of fuel.

Is that the 100 or 125 model?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club