Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

No mods what so ever, don't think a panel filter would make much difference to be honest, it drives fantastic as it is.

Oh sorry, I have carried out one mod, changed the two white cap less bulbs that illuminate the foot wells to red ones lol ;)

And any comment on how it affected your insurance? :)

• 3 months later...

Anyone who had the hesitation issue, was this always the case in 1st or was it intermittent?

I can't work it out with mine at all, it normally pulls away really well in 1st (125ps mapped to via Bluefin 151bhp)

If I go and absolutely thrash it on a country road it just pulls and pulls. I can stop and then pull away again fine.

If I cruise on the motorway and then stop at lights and go to pull away it'll pull away really lousy. Seems fine in all the other gears, it's just 1st from a stop until about 3000rpm where it suddenly springs into life.

I did have to get them to dial back the boost ever so slightly below 3000rpm as it was causing turbo flutter in 3rd and up. But I can't see how this can be a map problem since most of the time it pulls away absolutely fine, except after a motorway journey. What might be different compared to country roads? Do you think I need to look at my spark gap?

I run either V-Power Nitro or Momentum 99.

I had hesitation issues and cruise control issues with my old 2013 fiesta. Gave up with it in the end and got refunded.

The cruise control works fine. The hesitation was it all the time or intermittent?

Normally after a good blast. It was a bit hit and miss. Mine was in all gears at any speed though.

I notice things get a bit hot under the bonnet but I would have thought I'd be generating more heat (certainly use more fuel) after blasting down the lanes. I don't seem to get it then.

Only 1st so I have to be careful pulling onto roundabouts, so it's a bit hairy. I might try reducing the plug gap slightly to see if it helps.

Thanks for your replies :)

"hesitation issue" - i've noticed i get unpredictable throttle response sometimes. on occasions it'll pull away gently, sometimes it'll literally try and spin the wheels.

i'll admit i don't have the lightest foot, but i noticed it happened a lot if i've slowed down, stopped momentarily, then set off - i pinned it on the turbo still spinning.

i'll ask the guys at ford about it, next service.

Don't get any issues with mountune so it must be a mapping issue

mine is fine in all conditions, been on since oct and never missed a beat, had to remove it temp while my ecu was updated by ford this weekend, didnt i notice the difference without it!! will be glad to put it back on tommorow.

No problems here for 1year

Just wondering... has anybody ever got flames out the 1.0T exhaust

No hesitation issues with my Spider Box on either cars, no flames though either I didn't think that would be possible on a fiesta :P

my fiesta is stock

I have had my fiesta for 6 weeks now and on the weekend it had covered 1500 miles so I decided to stick the superchips map on it after work on Saturday and wow what a difference it has made.

At low revs it has plenty of pulling power and higher up the range it really shifts and pulls round to the limiter very fast it's like a different engine.

On a side note

I had a BMW 120d before which I thought I would really miss and I don't as the fiesta is so much more fun to drive also the extras you get for the money is just mind boggling.

• Like 1

No hesitation issues with my Spider Box on either cars, no flames though either I didn't think that would be possible on a fiesta :P

Is that the box tuning or the Performance Pack?

The Tuning box is on my Fiesta and the Performance Pack is on my Giulietta, they have reduced any hesitation/turbo lag that was there if anything. Although I'm looking at the new bluetooth Performance Pack to replace the Spider box soon, even though the spider box makes the light fiesta fast and fun why not just enjoy that 10% extra fun :D

I can't find the tuning box on their site, do you have a direct link?

Looks good but still on two minds between bluefin n this chip thing I've always been told a remap is better

Looks good but still on two minds between bluefin n this chip thing I've always been told a remap is better

Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap

• Like 3

Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap Remap

Didn't quite understand there haha awk well al get a bluefin for cheap and send it down for 240 :p

I'm in the same two minds, pretty sure the spider box is 30% with a discount code I saw on here at the moment though... Makes the choice harder!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I'm in the same two minds, pretty sure the spider box is 30% with a discount code I saw on here at the moment though... Makes the choice harder!

But if you get someone's bluefin for really cheap you send it down to superchips they put the new map on it and sent it back to you for 240 :p

That could be worth it! Does it have to be a fiesta 1.0 specific handset?

Where do you think the best place would be to get one?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club