Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85
聽Share

Mine should be buggered by now then putting 245Nm through it 馃槀 25k so far and a short shift fitted聽鉁孹'd no issues.

• Like 1

So what NM can the gearbox withstand, if it's designed for 170NM but with mods it's running fine at 245NM, surely the margin they left on the official number must be massive

There will be tolerances built in but I doubt the box will do 100k without issues having that much torque put through it. Especially if the map has removed torque limits in low gears.

It really depends how many miles you do and how long you'll keep the car if it's an issue.

It could in theory de value the car too.

Got to remember that when Ford ship a car it should be good for at least 100k. So anything you do to push the performance effectively eats away at that longevity.

That's why f1 engines can get all that power from a 1.6, they use half a dozen engines per year.

• Like 2

On 19/07/2016 at 11:40 AM, kalnor said:

Ah okay I see. So basically I loose out on the investment unless I decide to buy the car back.

I'll give them a call and check the T&C when I'm home.

Always though Mountune was Ford Warranty friendly but I'll find out about that too

I have recently remapped my Fiesta on PCP through ford. So I called Santander and they said that you can modify the car, as long as you out if back to original when the PCP is up, and that you send them a copy of your insurance approving the mod.聽

So when the years are up I'm just going to get the original map put back on. Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all聽
well ive been toying with idea for mountune for a while now im stuck!聽
I want to go higher but dont want to be stuck (i will get back to this)聽

well been looking around i contacted DRS which is another tuning company ive never heard anyone ever say anything wrong about them and no one has ever had any issues with there mapping聽
if i have apropriate hardware (all induction mountune plus premium fuel and big intercooler and sports cat pipes etc too) can run 165BHP with 260nm of torque聽

I currently need sports cat and bigger intercooler but because this is only 2bhp more and 15nm more than mountune i contacted mountune they said they can upgrade my fiesta to MR165 with just a intercooler but have to buy Mtune also to upgrade) all I need for this was a intercooler but makes me stuck.........

(my friend actually had a Mtune so i asked if they can be reset but weirdly they cant be reset nor once the map is on,聽it cant be taken off which makes me stuck for when i sell the car.......... so i made the point if someone took there fiesta to mp135 then got a st soon after they cant buy and聽upload a new map to Mtune and put the new map on the ST so that means the person has to buy a new mtune with map etc too (which aint cheap) ...... they said this is because its not cost effective to reset the product.......)

So that strikes Mountune out as i want a map i can take off when im eventually done with my car (if i do ever sell my precious )聽

Revo next聽
again added cost because i will need intercooler and sports cat which they can take car to 170+BHP and 258nm of torque but i dont want my car going near 170bhp as it will damage my engine so now im stuck im gonna have to save more and go for Revo as i can turn map off when i like too with SPS聽

to recap pros and cons聽
DRS聽
good company well reputable with no issues at all and can be reverted back to normal ..... cons i need more mods to run and is too far from me to drive to if i need it聽

Mountune
A GREAT COMPANY and good power outputs very great map! 聽Cons are stuff can be overpriced if you dont get a discount (but for this case weirdly was cheapest option)聽but major con is you cant take it off at all........

Revo聽
Amazing reputable company with good results! major benefit is SPS module can put normal stock mode back to normal and major benefit is the Anti Theft mode!!聽
Cons can put car bhp too high and damage engine but this is my only option and in this case a higher prices option as i need sports cat and intercooler

Conclusion for me
Revo in my situation is best option i will tell them not to go so high with there map to keep car in good nick and in this case the best option for me but is most expensive option聽
If i lived closer to DRS i would have took theirs as they can revert map back easy聽
Mountune if they only let you take map off when done with car it would have been perfect in this situation because has the ideal bhp and torque im looking for聽

12 minutes ago, Paramanic said:

Conclusion for me
Revo in my situation is best option i will tell them not to go so high with there map to keep car in good nick and in this case the best option for me but is most expensive option聽
If i lived closer to DRS i would have took theirs as they can revert map back easy聽
Mountune if they only let you take map off when done with car it would have been perfect in this situation because has the ideal bhp and torque im looking for聽

Are you not happy with your Bluefin tune?

@ThaiFiesta聽I love my Bluefin mate absolutely love it !!!聽
the reason am looking to go higher as i was always gonna go higher just got bluefin to keep me happy but been next to cars with other maps i see the potential of my car plus the anti theft mode on Revo make it more desirable ;)聽

ps聽
also when i got bluefin i just had induction and first pipe but now have all pipes even charge so now im only needing intercooler and sports cat so closer to get higher power anyway without too much hassle聽

I have the Bluefin also, but I'm not confident it's delivering all they promised. 聽I haven't had a chance to put it on a dyno yet, but they've said they will refund it if聽it doesn't deliver as per advertised (my car is ASEAN spec).

I've also been looking at the Revo tune (I like the different modes that are available - similar to what Cobb offers for the STs in the US, using the same device as Mountune has), and also the Pumaspeed tune. 聽I'm yet to buy all the pipes and larger intercooler - holding off until I decide on a tune.

Your bluefin offers about 150bhp and 234nm of torque so upping it to mountunes 162bhp and 245Nm isn't really gunna be that noticeable.

I upped mine 10 bhp and 15Nm and didn't notice any difference聽

• Like 1

Has does the Revo map compare to the Bluefin ?聽

@666Damian666聽well bluefin is 234nm and revo can be 259nm聽

@Willy聽yeah but there is a difference the mr165 takes car to about 7.2s 0-60
ive timed my car with Bluefin and its 8s 0-60聽

Can be 259nm,聽is it adjustable ?聽

Is there a way of putting it back to stock when u like and installing it yourself ?聽

15 minutes ago, Willy said:

Your bluefin offers about 150bhp and 234nm of torque

Because my 1.0T 125PS is tuned to ASEAN spec (Euro4) and with a Powershift transmission, Bluefin couldn't guarantee the full output. 聽I still have to run it on a dyno to confirm, but they were kind enough to offer a full refund less postage if it didn't deliver. 聽It has made a real difference to low end drivability and聽acceleration though, so I'm pretty happy. 聽I keep wondering what a set of tuned hoses and a larger intercooler would do for it though, especially as Thailand is hot all year round聽:wink:

1 minute ago, 666Damian666 said:

Can be 259nm,聽is it adjustable ?聽

Is there a way of putting it back to stock when u like and installing it yourself ?聽

you buy a SPS with revo serial port switcher聽
which has different mods on it the map is adjustable to lower octane and higher octane plus has anti theft mode and Stock car mode its a thing you put in your OBD2 port聽

thing most interesting is anti theft ye stick it in the obd turn to anti theft mode turn key to start engine and as soon as they go to drive away the engine cuts out as soon as clutch is pushed聽

Sounds confusing,聽I might have to read up more on that聽

Superchips have their VAT offer on again at the moment which makes it a bargain 拢332 rather than 拢399聽

Damn, VAT free offer back, I聽bought my Bluefin聽a month ago聽:sad:聽Never聽mind I did manage to negotiate 10% discount so it was around 拢366.

For the benefit of those members considering the Superchips upgrade I have no regrets whatsoever, the extra power is addictive. This morning I drove from Essex to Warwickshire via M11 and A14 around 180 miles in less than 3 hours including a quick coffee and comfort stop halfway. The mid range punch is so much better and makes 5th gear overtakes a breeze. Just have to watch the speedo especially with all the cameras along this route.

Negatives? 聽Well economy has definitely suffered but I put that down mainly to the fact that I am using the extra power so bound to use more fuel. However聽even when I try to drive economically before I managed over 47mpg聽now best is around 40. This morning my average was 39.3 mpg on聽Shell V-Power Nitro+.聽

I have also noticed that the engine note is a bit deeper and聽more gruff sounding but maybe that is intake noise as obviously more air is being sucked in together with the extra fuel. I have no other engine mods other than the Bluefin remap.聽

I hope these comments will be of help to members considering MORE POWER!

2 hours ago, Taeasz said:

Damn, VAT free offer back, I聽bought my Bluefin聽a month ago聽:sad:聽Never聽mind I did manage to negotiate 10% discount so it was around 拢366.

For the benefit of those members considering the Superchips upgrade I have no regrets whatsoever, the extra power is addictive. This morning I drove from Essex to Warwickshire via M11 and A14 around 180 miles in less than 3 hours including a quick coffee and comfort stop halfway. The mid range punch is so much better and makes 5th gear overtakes a breeze. Just have to watch the speedo especially with all the cameras along this route.

Negatives? 聽Well economy has definitely suffered but I put that down mainly to the fact that I am using the extra power so bound to use more fuel. However聽even when I try to drive economically before I managed over 47mpg聽now best is around 40. This morning my average was 39.3 mpg on聽Shell V-Power Nitro+.聽

I have also noticed that the engine note is a bit deeper and聽more gruff sounding but maybe that is intake noise as obviously more air is being sucked in together with the extra fuel. I have no other engine mods other than the Bluefin remap.聽

I hope these comments will be of help to members considering MORE POWER!

Good insight mate, another positive review聽

Hey all

Do the primary and secondary silicone induction hoses make any difference in your opinions??

Very little on their own but teamed up with other goodies they are helpful

Ok thanks, I have a K&N panel in atm but the rest is stock. The filter is because I have had one in all my cars.聽

Keep reading about these remaps etc

I only found the Revo tune after I had my Bluefin, but think I will go for it if I decide to go to Stage 2 next year, if the ST remains unavailable in the Asian market.

I like that it offers the most options short of a custom tune, and that they offer tunes for different octane ratings. The anti-theft or valet option also a great benefit. As is a stock tune for when the gf drives聽the car聽:wink:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone installed the Bluefin on their 1.0T 98ps focus? looking at buying one but a bit wary after reading a few comments here.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club