Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

Hi All,

I have been looking around the internet reading up on the ecoboost engine trying to get an idea what could be possible with the 3 pot beauty.

I am just looking to see if any one is planning on doing anything to their engine at all? if so what you will be going for.... Any one have any ideas on what would be a good starting point on finding a bit more grunt from the engine.

My friend had a subaru impreza and i remember him fitting a boot control valve to increase his boost pressure, would such things be possible with out ecoboost engine?

Any one with ideas please post :)

Mountune 2014 movement,

unsure whether they'll fully develop it this year but planning on giving mine to moutune who have done wonders with the ST and focus.

The mk7 140 package is £1400 retail

Probably for a new car and being a demo car too the first one will be cheaper, which hopefully will be mine.

Pumaspeed will probably have something sharpish, just depends what you think of them and if you like warranty.

I am just looking forward to see what they can get out of the 1ltr engine to be fair, its got some more potential thats for sure!

Hi All,

I have been looking around the internet reading up on the ecoboost engine trying to get an idea what could be possible with the 3 pot beauty.

I am just looking to see if any one is planning on doing anything to their engine at all? if so what you will be going for.... Any one have any ideas on what would be a good starting point on finding a bit more grunt from the engine.

My friend had a subaru impreza and i remember him fitting a boot control valve to increase his boost pressure, would such things be possible with out ecoboost engine?

Any one with ideas please post :)

The 125 ecoboost engine can produce 202bhp with a remap and a turbo from the 1.6 ecoboost, as proven with the formula ford.

Not sure how that would effect the engines lifetime thou! :-P

The same engine in the focus has had a bluefin upgrade producing 150bhp.

I'm hoping a full mountune upgrade map,filter,exhaust mod could offer somewhere around the 160bhp mark (and you'd keep your warranty)

How come mountune kits you keep the warranty? I just assumed you would loose it with any sort of engine mods..... I emailed super chips and race chip a while back about any remaps they have planed in the near future and they both said something should be available the 1st half of this year and are under development for the 100 and 125 PS engine

How come mountune kits you keep the warranty? I just assumed you would loose it with any sort of engine mods..... I emailed super chips and race chip a while back about any remaps they have planed in the near future and they both said something should be available the 1st half of this year and are under development for the 100 and 125 PS engine

Mountune are a branch of ford racing and all MP packs are developed with Ford and proven to not void the warranty, there MR kits however do void the warranty, they're all excellent kits and are far better than anything else out there as its never just a remap with these guys...

• 2 months later...

Hey

There's an austrian company that got quite a lot out of the 100ps version, they have 2 stages and stage 1 (135ps) Stage 2 (145ps).

Sadly there aint any options for me nearby either, as i live in denmark and the resellers in germany are far away too..

http://allcartuning.com/en/chiptuning-news/article/chiptuning-ford-focus-ecoboost-10.html

• 2 months later...

Asked my local tuning company if they already performing tuning of 1.0 ecoboost, and they said - yes.

It cost aprox 360 euro. HP gain 15-20, torque 30-40Nm.

There's a place called torque steer in wombourne they do a remap fot 399 and they get 28 bhp more and 48nm

Check out Celtic tuning I have spoken to them on the phone and the map is avail online they get 140bhp from the 100bhp engine! And I'm also speaking with superchips to get my car in the end of the month for final stages of the 100ps bluefin remap :)

Didn't realise bluefin was doing a chip yet and also 140 bhp from a normal remap seems a bit drastic do they have any evidence to back this up I mean that's 40% more power doesn't seem right but interesting non the lease

Yea the map is already sorted, they didnt say what figure they ill get quite yet but needed a car for a few days to test. also heres the website of that celtic tuning http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/ when i spoke to them they said its east as the 100 ps and 125 ps are the same engine and its only software that they had to unlock to get its full potential.

Just passing on what they said to me.... i did find another company the other day at work that quoted 140 from 100ps just cant remember the name. Think i saved it at work so i will post it up later.

I would be interested in getting a remap, however in not sure what my insurance company would think =(

ha indeed, i would say always let the insurance company know any mods you do even something as small as tinting the windows, any excuse not to pay out. Luckily my insurance is nice and cheap so a few extra bhp should put me too much out of pocket.

Pumaspeed say they have two maps for the 125bhp engine, one putting out 135bhp and another stronger remap which they hope they will get 153bhp from. From what they say on the Facebook page it's available now but not dyno tested I guess

Yeah I was asking them on Facebook about the remap but not too sure about the no dyno run as I would like to see what I get before driving back home as its not exactly 10 mins down the road for me but if anyone wanted to go down there same time would be good as a meet?

Also I might wait till they have the miltek exhaust system sorted and buy it all in one exhaust and remap so hoping to get over 160 before I star thinking about meddling with the turbo

Ahh yes that was you...299 sounds reasonable also. Definitely getting the filter kit as soon as it's out

I was thinking about the kit but if they only got a 10 bhp increase from it and a weak remap it makes me think that it might make the fiesta lose power panel filter may be better

Might be same engine but the turbo is different

Oh? have you evidence as from what I have seen it is exactly the same....

Ask ford and read up about it cuz if it was the same y wouldn't they just have made them both the same bhp and a lot of 3rd party remapping company's use different software for the 100 bhp so something's got to be different and everywhere I have read and so ford say the turbo is slightly different same as the turbo from 1.6 they all fit the same though