Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

I will load the standaard map back friday to feel the real difference. Just to test �

Hi Luckymarkie Did you load the standard map back on Friday If so was It easy and did It then re map ok.

Colin.

Hi Luckymarkie  Did you load the standard map back on Friday If so was It easy and did It then re map ok.

Colin.

No, not had any time. But it will be very easy. Maybe tomorrow when I'm free from work :)

No, not had any time. But it will be very easy. Maybe tomorrow when I'm free from work :)

Thanks.

Thanks.

The plan is to reflash te software today. I will let you guys/girls know

Back to stock map. Now go for a drive.

Back to stock map. Now go for a drive.

Just like it has to be. A smooth driving car...... Power always avalible (standaard map). Now installing the bluefin again. Went to the peterolstation and gave the fiesta soms 98 ultimate. Now i go for the same drive with bluefin on.

Just like it has to be. A smooth driving car...... Power always avalible (standaard map). Now installing the bluefin again. Went to the peterolstation and gave the fiesta soms 98 ultimate. Now i go for the same drive with bluefin on.

Was It easy to do ?

Thanks Colin.

Was It easy to do ?

Thanks Colin.

Piece of cake. 5 minutes everything baack to normal. Now driving bleufin map.

Domo, how much was you charged for the bluefin? My car goes in Thursday and I'll let you know the results in the evening.

Am happy about that, am waiting for your car as that will be the next interesting change to the Bluefin map :)

Domo, how much was you charged for the bluefin? My car goes in Thursday and I'll let you know the results in the evening.

It was 125 inc vat

You'll love it Jordan.

Mention my name when you get there ;)

So they can sort my cruise control out.

• Like 1

You'll love it Jordan.

Mention my name when you get there ;)

Is there really that much difference by increasing BHP by around 15 and torque to 30? They'll be doing tweaks so I'll let you know what the end results are, It's difficult to say "Willy says..." If you give me the details I'll pass on the message though my car isn't equipped with a cruise control. Hoping they can achieve a bit more power than they already have.

You'll notice a definite difference in second :) it's mental. Just make sure your hands are firmly on the wheel :)

You'll love it.

I emailed Dominic at Superchips so im sure they'll sort it. Or I'll have to take a drive up there at some point.

We'll see what they can produce on Thursday. I was hoping for a good second at least of the 0-60 time, hoping they can manage that!

I've noticed that 70 is reached much quicker so im sure it's possible.

I really hope that happends too as I'm not going to buy the Bluefin before that issue is resolved.

I know that Alientech comes with the Fiesta remap for their Bluefin-like device in 3-4 month so worst case I will have wait for that - but I would like SuperChips to just fix theirs so that I can go for the Bluefin

Well tomorrow is D-Day, must say I'm quite excited. Just over a 2 hour drive there but for savings I'll be making it's going to be well worth the money.

Is there anybody else who has any questions they would like me to forward to Superchips?

• Like 1

Just waiting to see what they can do with yours and confirmation the cruise control issue is resolved. Then will place my order.

Well tomorrow is D-Day, must say I'm quite excited. Just over a 2 hour drive there but for savings I'll be making it's going to be well worth the money.

Is there anybody else who has any questions they would like me to forward to Superchips?

So I understand it went well today Jordan :)

Superchips rang me with an updated map to try out so watch this space.....

So I understand it went well today Jordan :)

Superchips rang me with an updated map to try out so watch this space.....

Does this means that update may come? If yes, this gonna be for everyone? How they will inform others that they can obtain new version of engine map?

I'm guessing you'll be emailed / phoned or you'll get the tweaked map via my bluefin. If not give them a call.

I've not loaded the new map yet but will be in the next hour so as I said, watch this space.......

Any figures released with the new map?

Figures are exactly the same. Just a tweak to resolve some issues.

I can't load the new map to my handset at the moment so you'll have to wait till I chat with Superchips tomorrow.

Right! Well after a long exhausting 2 and a half hour drive there, and almost 3 and a half hour drive back (M25 Traffic.. The Joys!) I finally can give you guys some feedback on the Bluefin remap, after being tweaked!

Whilst the car was being finished in the last 15 minutes I got back and managed to speak to some of those who worked on it and they were all very impressed with the gains they had achieved from the engine and car.

As I drove away from the place I could already feel such a difference to the accelerator and how little I had the apply where as before I felt I had to push slightly harder. On my 3 hour journey on the way home, apart from being stuck in traffic I managed to get a good understanding of how this performs.

1st Gear - First gear does feel similar to being stock but there the 1-2second lag is absolutely gone, first gear used to be my favourite from the sheer pull you received and now that's made even better with this bluefin

2nd Gear - This blew my mind, bearing in mind I'm 18 and my previous car was a 1.2 Corsa (Sorry to say). Previously there was always a bit of lag as you got into second in the high end revs of 1st changing but that's completely gone and I couldn't believe how quickly the car reached to 70 - Even being in second from 20mph there was pull immediately.

3rd Gear - To which now has become my favourite gear, travelling down the motorway doing a measly 60mph in 4th gear I thought I'd see how 3rd gear compared to previous. As before I felt it had some pull but only above 75mph. As I said I was in the middle lane on the motorway and thought I'd try downshifting to 3rd and overtaking.. I felt it pulled just as good as second gear, before I knew it I was easily doing 90mph and it still wanted to go! My favourite thing about 3rd is that it no longer feels sluggish when doing 30mph and make driving around town so much easier not having to downshift into 2nd, I found driving anywhere between 20mph-40mph I would happily drive around in 3rd.

4th/5th Gear - I found these improved that previously, I didn't get a chance to use them on the motorway very well for obviously reasons but I still found driving at 70mph in 5th found it pulled along nicely for overtaking. Previously when driving on A roads at 50mph I thought 5th struggled whereas now it feels happy to go in the rev range and the flat spots throughout all gears have definitely being reduced if not eliminated.

When speaking to Ian, the managing director of Superchips he was very pleased with the overall results than previous and believes the final output to be around the 145bhp mark (yet to be confirmed from the power curve waiting to be released) which will be on their website and their facebook page with a video of the dyno run of my car will also be uploaded in the next few days

https://www.facebook.com/Superchipsltd

To anyone who is considering if it is worth buying the bluefin, within hesitation I would say 100%. It feels like a brand new car I don't feel like I'm now driving a "1.6 equivalent" it feels more towards the 2.0 scale for sure.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club