Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

domo85

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

1,379 posts in this topic

Mine should be buggered by now then putting 245Nm through it 😂 25k so far and a short shift fitted ✌X'd no issues.

GingerFlame likes this

So what NM can the gearbox withstand, if it's designed for 170NM but with mods it's running fine at 245NM, surely the margin they left on the official number must be massive

There will be tolerances built in but I doubt the box will do 100k without issues having that much torque put through it. Especially if the map has removed torque limits in low gears.

It really depends how many miles you do and how long you'll keep the car if it's an issue.

It could in theory de value the car too.

Got to remember that when Ford ship a car it should be good for at least 100k. So anything you do to push the performance effectively eats away at that longevity.

That's why f1 engines can get all that power from a 1.6, they use half a dozen engines per year.

kalnor and GingerFlame like this

On 19/07/2016 at 11:40 AM, kalnor said:

Ah okay I see. So basically I loose out on the investment unless I decide to buy the car back.

I'll give them a call and check the T&C when I'm home.

Always though Mountune was Ford Warranty friendly but I'll find out about that too

I have recently remapped my Fiesta on PCP through ford. So I called Santander and they said that you can modify the car, as long as you out if back to original when the PCP is up, and that you send them a copy of your insurance approving the mod. 

So when the years are up I'm just going to get the original map put back on. Hope this helps

kalnor likes this