Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

Dropped the car off today to superchips I should have it back Tuesday with the new map a bluefin and a dyno print out so I will post up for you guys and write up a little review after a couple weeks also

Did they gave you an indication about the amount of horsepower? I hope they can tune it the same as the 125hp version. So 140 must be established :)

No nothing. They havent done a 100ps model yet so they couldn't say. They tend to lean towards more deliverability rather than headline figures but they managed to get the 125ps focus up to 145 so must be looking at a pretty nifty tune I would imagine

I take it using a Bluefin would effect the Warranty

No if you untune the car before you bring him to your dealer. It isnt a problem

So it's a case of, what they don't know won't hurt you, lol

It's a no brainier then if you can afford it as we all like extra power to play with and as long as it doesn't put extra strain on any of the engine parts, it's a great little mod to increase the power

Along with a exhaust system and air filter, you would be looking at about 145bhp ish

Did they gave you an indication about the amount of horsepower? I hope they can tune it the same as the 125hp version. So 140 must be established :)

The 100ps is phisically the same as the 125ps version, only the original maps are different, so both should have the same results, after mapping

Typical results for the 1L ecoboost are 140 - 145Hp as D. has said, driveability is mor important than "headline" figures

I hope Doma85 gets his car back fast and that bluefin releases the tuning fast!

I guess around 359 uk money. Same price as the focus 1.0 ecoboost. :)

That is around 430 in euro's

Well the car should be ready Tuesday I just have to pay for the bluefin at cost everything else is free so worth driving the naff fiat 500 for a few days....

I think it will. Like every tuner is saying is that the 100 and the 125 are technical the same. So only software limitations.

@Domo85 thanks voor the update!

If u have a 100bhp Ecoboost and are looking for more power, why didn't u just buy the 125 in the first place

Simple. I could not get the upgrades and appearance here in Holland on the S version. The titanium here in Netherlands is not supplied with 125 ps

the difference in price was to high. Around 4 thousand euro between the S version and Titanium ex upgrades on the s version. And I love the Chrome details :)

There are more trade-offs made, but that is a long story. Also the titanium was a special offer.

So around 450 euro for the tuning was incalculated ;)

If u tune your 2pints of Ecoboost the ecu will log a change thats possible for a ford technician to see if they look for it, the ecu will have a counter that tells every time the ecu has been changed or updated...

There is no way you would be able to hide whatever tuneup you do ecu wise from now until the warranty expires, after that u would be on your own anyway, but there is a little counter that would be able to speak the truth warranty or not...

If it has nothing to do with the chiptuning there isnt a problem. Engine broke and they detect the chiptuning and it's related... Yes you're f****. I would take the risk so as many do without any problems.

If it has nothing to do with the chiptuning there isnt a problem. Engine broke and they detect the chiptuning and it's related... Yes you're f****. I would take the risk so as many do without any problems.

You're totally correct, but anybody that wants to use chiptuning should know its traceable even if you revert back to the original software..

People should know there is a risk, and stop whinning if it would be traced back to a chiptuning, and dont always expect Ford to cover for smth you know is illegal to start with.

The risks are minimal if you use a mild tuning as most questions here are related to, and for good measure do more frequent oilchanges, because the 5W-20 is not a performance motoroil, its made for fuel efficiency..

You're totally correct, but anybody that wants to use chiptuning should know its traceable even if you revert back to the original software..

People should know there is a risk, and stop whinning if it would be traced back to a chiptuning, and dont always expect Ford to cover for smth you know is illegal to start with.

The risks are minimal if you use a mild tuning as most questions here are related to, and for good measure do more frequent oilchanges, because the 5W-20 is not a performance motoroil, its made for fuel efficiency..

You're totally correct. Everyone should now that :)

Well the car should be ready Tuesday I just have to pay for the bluefin at cost everything else is free so worth driving the naff fiat 500 for a few days....

Any news? ☺️

No nothing today. Rang them earlier today and it's not quite ready and should be done Wednesday. I didn't ask what power they have achieved but he said its a significant increase and drives great just has a couple things to smoothen out the map a bit more.