Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

ecoboost 100ps 125ps turbo pressure ecoboost tuning remap

• Please log in to reply
1188 replies to this topic

#616 Clarky2013

Clarky2013

Addicted to boost

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3 MP215 Spirit Blue
  • Year: 2014

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

I'm itching to place an order for a bluefin but waiting to see what montune release :P

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#617 negendahl

negendahl

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Name: Mick
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.0 100hp
Contributor

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Hi, newbie here :-)

Just to confirm, what I think I read it earlier in the thread.

The fuel consumption is about the same? Thinking about getting this for my 100bhp Fiesta.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

#618 Willy

Willy

Mountune'd 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium (Midnight Sky)

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,750 posts
  • Name: Willy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium MP135
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

If you drive the same then yes. But if you enjoy your remap a lot then it will drop a little.

#619 negendahl

negendahl

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Name: Mick
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.0 100hp
Contributor

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

I was planing on enjoying ;-) Thanks for the quick reply Willy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

#620 mehran007

mehran007

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Hi dear brother
If the 4 coilovers are healthy and passar ST 2.5 2007 I'm ready to pay 200 Pounds. I live in sweden n I can pay the post office (cash on delivery) when I get the parcel.
My best regards
Mehran Mostofi , mobile:+46-700443269 mehran_mostofi@msn.com

Dear bro! Dont waste time & money on tuning it. Yes its a lovely car but if u really wanna enjoy crusing or put the pedal to the metal buy a Focus ST 225. I have one tuned & upgrade to 260 bhp and become amazed over its torque & speed every time I'm behind the wheel. Even tried gear 4th and it started running leaving me amazed. Good luck

#621 WelshFordFan

WelshFordFan

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 144 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: fiesta

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Also waiting on the Mountune version, hope it comes soon im getting itchy right foot syndrome :) 

#622 Willy

Willy

Mountune'd 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium (Midnight Sky)

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,750 posts
  • Name: Willy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium MP135
Contributor

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

Hi dear brother
If the 4 coilovers are healthy and passar ST 2.5 2007 I'm ready to pay 200 Pounds. I live in sweden n I can pay the post office (cash on delivery) when I get the parcel.
My best regards
Mehran Mostofi , mobile:+46-700443269 mehran_mostofi@msn.com
Dear bro! Dont waste time & money on tuning it. Yes its a lovely car but if u really wanna enjoy crusing or put the pedal to the metal buy a Focus ST 225. I have one tuned & upgrade to 260 bhp and become amazed over its torque & speed every time I'm behind the wheel. Even tried gear 4th and it started running leaving me amazed. Good luck

Miss the ST - Don't miss the trips to the petrol station ;)

#623 PaddyWhack

PaddyWhack

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Name: paddy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Ecoboost

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

Well i bit the bullet and just placed my order. Hope its worth it. 

#624 Squeekie

Squeekie

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Name: Bob
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ecoboost 1.0 125ps

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

I've been away for a while, but got back this week and took my car for a spin.  I got a new ODB2 adapter (old one broke) and tried it with Torque android app.  Unfortunately I could not get a single proper 0-60mph timed run because it just will not do a full throttle run in 1st gear without 'cutting out' on me.  I'm still on winter tires but its dry roads atm, so I'm beginning to fear its not a traction control issue after all.  Best I could get was 9.5sec, which is about the same as stock.  It pulls a lot stronger in 2nd gear and up than stock, but 1st gear is no good atm  :(

Peak turbo pressure: 37 psi according to Torque.  I don't remember exactly, but I think it showed around 30 psi with stock map. Don't quote me on that though. 

It also showed peak HP: 161, Torque: 227nm. I don't know how accurate these numbers are, or how the app calculates it.  

- John

#625 PaddyWhack

PaddyWhack

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

Do the wheels spin when you plant your foot with the traction control switched off? It could be that the TC is designed not to be completely off and it can't calculate/process the new additional power. 

#626 Squeekie

Squeekie

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

Do the wheels spin when you plant your foot with the traction control switched off? It could be that the TC is designed not to be completely off and it can't calculate/process the new additional power. 

I do initially get some wheel squeal/spin when i pop the clutch, but the power cutoff happens later in the rev range.  Usually from around 3.5k and up. It lasts for 1-2 sec before it revs smoothly again.

- John

#627 ricksteruk

ricksteruk

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: ricky
  • Ford Model: mondeo 163 diesel
  • Year: 2010

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

Paddywhack I was just about to say it will be well worth it. Then squeekie put a stop to that. I was hoping this possible issue would be resolved with some dry roads.

unless mountune release details by 24th mar (day after their open day) I'll be ordering the bluefin on the 25th

#628 PaddyWhack

PaddyWhack

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

When i've set mine up (100PS not 125) i'll let you know if i get the same issue. I get the feeling its the TC system, almost like switching TC off only works for the power bands that the TC system was designed for. 

#629 Squeekie

Squeekie

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

When i've set mine up (100PS not 125) i'll let you know if i get the same issue. I get the feeling its the TC system, almost like switching TC off only works for the power bands that the TC system was designed for. 

Yea, this was my initial assessment as well, all though I'm not so sure anymore. I would try with summer tires but I haven't bought any yet  :P

Maybe I should try to film the speedo/rev counter tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about.

- John

#630 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

I've been away for a while, but got back this week and took my car for a spin.  I got a new ODB2 adapter (old one broke) and tried it with Torque android app.  Unfortunately I could not get a single proper 0-60mph timed run because it just will not do a full throttle run in 1st gear without 'cutting out' on me.  I'm still on winter tires but its dry roads atm, so I'm beginning to fear its not a traction control issue after all.  Best I could get was 9.5sec, which is about the same as stock.  It pulls a lot stronger in 2nd gear and up than stock, but 1st gear is no good atm  :(

Peak turbo pressure: 37 psi according to Torque.  I don't remember exactly, but I think it showed around 30 psi with stock map. Don't quote me on that though. 

It also showed peak HP: 161, Torque: 227nm. I don't know how accurate these numbers are, or how the app calculates it.  

- John

Torque calculates the power from the weight of the car, (either from the data stored on a database for your model of car or the weight put in manually, or a "default" setting )  and the measured acceleration, it "guesstimates" it and is not very accurate, if you change the weight the power will change - i have put my car on a dyno and weighed it, put the exact weight in and the power figures torque produced were way out (too much) i had a measured 161Hp at the time and torque said it was 188HP or more   

the 0-60mph etc is not accurate either

Traction is a big problem on a FWD car when you are trying to get a good 0-60mph the TC will cut in and limit the power - more and more power (with the same level of grip) will not increase the acceleration in 1st - in fact it can make it slower with more power because the tyres break traction and start spinning -

An example of this is an ST225 has a similar 0-60mph as a much more powerful RSmk2, a tuned RSmk2 does not increase the 0-60mph much more either that is because traction becomes the limiting factor, not power (at higher speeds, the RS is much quicker The 0-100 times are lower, the tuned rs 0-100 is quicker still)  

The ESP / TC uses a conventional mechanical diff (differential) and brakes the wheels if they start spinning, so it does not increase grip/ traction, it just reduces power, so you can only utilise the available traction - to improve on this  you would need a limited slip diff (including an ATB/ atomatic torque biasing diff) some fords are fitted with them Focus RS MK1/ MK2 Mondeo Mk3s (including ST 220 and ST-TDCI) di not have an LSD or ATB and rely on the ESP, to brake the brakes on the conventional diff, the ST-TDCI is restricted in 1st and 2nd to improve grip and help protect the DMF   

best to try it agan on a dry day and try and get the weight out of the back (especially from begind the rear wheels) and at least forward of the middle of the car - a front passsenger may actually increase acceleratin even though its more weight

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ecoboost, 100ps, 125ps, turbo pressure, ecoboost tuning, remap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users