Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 Tuning Possibilities = More Powerrrr!!!!

domo85

Hi Paddywhack,

Were you referring to the manual or powershift gearbox? As replied from Bluefin, they don't support powershift gearbox. If it happens on the manual gearbox, I think I will not consider any remap. The cost to the gearbox would definitely cost me a fortune.

Cheers.

Manual transmission.

Glynn had his around Europe even went on nurburgring and everywhere with his bluefin so his went through the paces and his was fine a think paddy is just the unlucky 1% or less that have had the issue and superchips remap have a 1yr warranty anyway

Just had another PM from another member of this forum saying they have had the same issue. So that's 3 people with the superchips remap that has caused the gearbox (synchro) to fail. I had mine on for just over a year after it failed. Starting to think this isn't a fluke.

Might be way people r dumping clutch because Ive spoken to well over 200+ people with it last two years and only one had a problem out of that many and he admitted dumping cluctch too much but these things happen boy in Belgium had mountune mp135 frikd his full car but am getting bluefin soon enough I wanted eternal changes first then get remap and that's the one I've researched it for last two years (one year on this forum alone) dont get me wrong others do maps too but superchips speaks out to me as I can take it off when I want to save petrol on long journeys but we all have own opinions :)

• Like 1

Might be way people r dumping clutch because Ive spoken to well over 200+ people with it last two years and only one had a problem out of that many and he admitted dumping cluctch too much but these things happen boy in Belgium had mountune mp135 frikd his full car but am getting bluefin soon enough I wanted eternal changes first then get remap and that's the one I've researched it for last two years (one year on this forum alone) dont get me wrong others do maps too but superchips speaks out to me as I can take it off when I want to save petrol on long journeys but we all have own opinions :)

bluefin or a proper remap wont alter fueling on part throttle so fuel economy wont be affected, for better or worse, only your right foot will affect economy.

• Like 2

bluefin or a proper remap wont alter fueling on part throttle so fuel economy wont be affected, for better or worse, only your right foot will affect economy.

Exactly mate ;)

• Like 1

Manual transmission.

Just had another PM from another member of this forum saying they have had the same issue. So that's 3 people with the superchips remap that has caused the gearbox (synchro) to fail. I had mine on for just over a year after it failed. Starting to think this isn't a fluke.

It will be the gearbox that is prone to failure.. and that's why Ford wont' warranty beyond the 140ps model. My Red Edition has a torque limiter and it makes a significant difference.

The Superchips warranty is mentioned above, but this only covers failure of the remap and the consequences. It does not replace the vehicle warranty in any way.

Anyone here beside SNC is using Spider? I need more convinces before placing the order. Understand that many of the members here are using Bluefin. Too bad, Bluefin doesn't support my powershift gearbox.

Cheers.

Well a few people on the Focus forum have got some recently Madmole and Hazzadew I remember have so you may be able to speak to them, Madmole has written about his experience (also a bit more of a later follow up here on higher settings).

I believe Hazzadew has the new bluetooth Performance Pack version so I'm trying to get some more info on his experience with that as I may get one myself to replace my older Spider Box.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

Just join the club!

I've a 1.0 ecoboost 125 PS focus.

Some of you reported problems after bluefin remap namely regarding cruise control and start/stop.

I would like to remap the ECU and believe bluefin is a good solution but since my car is the titanium version, hence the cruise control, it is very important to me to be sure these problems were completely solved.

Those of you with more experience have some advices regarding this procedure?

It would be nice to have your feedback.

Thanks for the help.

Ive got bluefin and cruise and stopstart, all work fine, never had any issues

Also Titanium focus, no problem with start/stop or cruise control.

I was the member that reported problems with cruise control. Superchips have since sorted the issues and the bluefin is now a great addition to the fiesta or Focus 1.0 Ecoboost.

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback.

Bluefin order placed!

I shall reply as soon as its remaped!

Is it ok to have a cat back exhaust and a K&N air filter with the Superchip ?

Filter for sure. I'm sure other members have done there exhausts with a bluefin but it's not essential.

Anyone here beside SNC is using Spider? I need more convinces before placing the order. Understand that many of the members here are using Bluefin. Too bad, Bluefin doesn't support my powershift gearbox.

Cheers.

I've got the Spider Performance Pack installed for about two weeks now and what a difference! It's amazing and would highly recommend.

Courtesy of @SNC with the promotional code to take 30% it's great.

I've just set it in RaceMode and it pulls like a powerhouse! Don't ask me what MPG I could be getting as ever since I've installed it I've been having a strong case of a heavy right foot. I would however say that even though I'm booting it then MPG doesn't have seemed to be majorly effected.

Really impressive piece of kit. And best of all, I can transfer it over to my Fiesta ST in a few weeks time as they use the same wiring harness.

Cat back is fine, just don't get the turbo back. Still got my Bluefin in the sealed box it came in, along with a K&N panel filter if anybody wants to make an offer.

Held back putting it on due to Willy's issues and then Mountune launched the MR165. Willy added some great reviews about it and I was sold.

• Like 1

I take it the K&N is also brand new

How much are you selling it for delivered ?

All brand new never used, got a spare K&N from Demon Tweeks free with the Milltek. Make me an offer..paid £399 new.

Are you selling the milltek?

Nah, the Bluefin and K&N

Millteks been fitted Thursday

Thanks for your feedback.

Bluefin order placed!

I shall reply as soon as its remaped!

I'd like to hear what you have to say.

remaped my focus today and its amazing!

its incredible the power bellow my right foot in the second and third gears.

even at higher gears the power is perfectly perceived and it develops much faster than before.

everything seems to work fine but I believe the fuel consumption will increase at least in the first tanks

what's your experience regarding fuel consumption?

Good to here your happy with it, fuel consumption on mine no change since bluefin with exception when im giving it a hard time.

Fuel consumption is better in the summer than winter for me. Taking it easy getting up to 57mpg on tank full.

Got a 205hp 1.0 ecoboost parked nearby today, wonder if a swap for my engine is ok by the owner? Lol

Got a 205hp 1.0 ecoboost parked nearby today, wonder if a swap for my engine is ok by the owner? Lol

Impressive what did they do to achieve that? The ST turbo?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club