Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How often do Ford change the oil filter?

Simon S

I have just replaced the accessory belt on my tdci Focus and noticed the oil filter looks like it has not been changed in ages. As Ford mechanics would never consider not changing the filter :ph34r: I was wondering how often they are supposed to be replaced?

Shall I give the engine a flush do you think?

I have just replaced the accessory belt on my tdci Focus and noticed the oil filter looks like it has not been changed in ages. As Ford mechanics would never consider not changing the filter :ph34r: I was wondering how often they are supposed to be replaced?

Shall I give the engine a flush do you think?

the oil filter should be changed every time the oil is changed.

i wouldnt bother using any flushing agents, just run the engine until the oil is nice and warm and let it all drain out. i usually leave my car an hour or so to let all the crap drip out of the sump.

usually changed at 12500 miles or 12 months

I try and change mine every 6 months due to the high mileage I currently do in the car, but once a year and you cant go wrong imo ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club