Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modifications

DanGersFord

Just seen the video, that might be the best answer to pop the bonnet first and then you can remove the catch, and secure it temporarily! Then I would say go for the pins. You can pick them up cheap enough!

I thought that was a very well concluded scenario... Given the thoughts I was having about the end result when I first heard the music..

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

• Like 1

Passion auto sell a heavy duty kit less than a tenner!

Passion auto sell a heavy duty kit less than a tenner!

Do you have a URL?

How the hell do I stop receiving emails as soon as someone replies on this thread!?

Edit: got it

How the hell do I stop receiving emails as soon as someone replies on this thread!?

In your settings. Look for the bit that says "Notifications" and uncheck all the ones that say "Email".

Those appear OK to, however I can't remember if the location of where the pins could be installed actually can be on the fold lines of the bonnet...

Well, in any event the *Vaginal Orifice* that thought up the idea for that *Lovemaking* Bonnet Opening Mechanism should have their *posterior* flayed and then raw salt rubbed into it!!!!!!

• Like 2

Oh that sentiment has been around for some time.

• Like 1

I emailed Demon-tweeks about the law, and they think that it should be fine as there's no way the bonnet can be "Accidentally" opened with those Lever style panel security things. So, as soon as the Spons allow it will be "Pass me the ANGLE GRINDER" time. Then about an hour after that it will be "Get me another bonnet and someone that can do it properly!" time.......

Haha, just go for it mate, my advice would be this... Find the fixing point to the chassis and make sure it's strong enough to support it, if it is, then drill a small hole and put a screw in each side, then lower the bonnet on top and make sure the bonnet shape allows for it to work, then to be absolutely sure you get the right area of bonnet, open wide and drop the bonnet onto the screws, this is should make a bump, puncture or similar lump for you to work with from the top side. But measure twice before you do this. That will ensure you get the job done almost perfectly

The old adage: Measure Twice, Cut Once. Same when building a Radio Antenna. I'm crap at building antennae.

Haha, when it comes to my car, it's measure twice, bluetack mark, measure twice, stand back and look, measure twice, line up device of installation, prey, hold breathe and attack.

That was just putting the parking sensors in...

I would have struggled with the pins but I would have taken days to do it...

• Like 2

I managed to get the *love child* open. It seems that at some time or another the car has had a low speed knock that bent the grille mounting point, so the key wasn't getting into the lock properly. After ripping the grille off I can open and close it without any problem. :) :iim::oops:

• Like 1

Result, is grill removal a long term fix?

No idea yet. I may just bung some chickenwire in the gap instead of fitting a proper one. I'll have to see what turns up. I think the front has been "Posted" as the dent is quite marked in the lower front X-Member where the grille sits, hence the problem. I'll take a pic tomorrow.

Might look in to pins for mine- it does open and close but it annoys me, I've got them on my mini bonnet (because the hinges are useless and even my short self ended up knocking my head) and have never had an issue law/MOT wise.

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of questions:

1) Is there a modification to make the REVERSING LIGHT a bit more use than a dying Glow-Worm?

2) Is there a mod for getting a courtesy light in the BACK of the passenger compartment? Ditto an extra light in the boot area?

Just going to wait and see what happens now....

Reversing light bulbs can be replaced by cree's... Don't know which ones as I've not done it, but I hear they can turn night into day...

As for the additional courtesy light.. You could buy another 'dome' cut a hole in your roof lining, track a wire to either the front dome (if you want it to come on when the front doors are open) or the boot light (if you want it on for the boot)...

Again, fountain of knowledge known as me, has not yet done either of these - Crees are expensive and cutting holes in roof lining is scary :lol:

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Cree q5 I believe is the bulb Ian refers to.

As for the extra light, it can be done you would need to cut or replace the headlining but you could wire in a second light that runs off the first.

As for the boot, you could wire one in, you would need confidence, some wire taps (either scotch locks or positaps) some extra wire and an extra bulb but it can be done.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a build where do I put it

I have added:-

leds to the top light on the back lights (indicator section) to make it look a bit more st/titanium (will be getting proper ones but for the time being its a cheap way of getting the look that I want)

st roof lining from the standard cream one (felt a bit crampt at first but am getting used to it now) wanted a rear light

different headlamps

dmb badges

rear boot lamp leds and a new light on the otherside

2 12" sub (its a struggle with the push chair but you can get it in

painted the calipers red

to be done

rear exhaust duel output

ns clear fog lamp

bluefin

• 1 month later...

I was very disappointed by the reversing light on my 2001 Focus hatch, especially as an earlier generation of Ford designers had been so much better at providing adequate lighting.

Since my Focus was only intended as a short term stand-in I simply mounted two 16-led DRL units beside the rear number plate and ran a cable through the trim up to the hatch hinges and back to the area of the number plate lights. I also used this cable to provide a supply for a reversing camera. Night time reversing is now something that can be tackled with confidence.

However, this leaves us with 3 reversing lights, which is illegal in the UK. The solution there is to cut the feed to the original rev light - this can then be connected to the fog light if the bulb is changed to a red one (or get a red light unit from a German breaker).

As for the boot area lamp, I have previously resolved that by adding some LED units from Bolt-on-Bits.

My question concerns the headlights - my 2001 Focus has the separate indicators and fog lights mounted in the front valance (aka bumper). There is a face lift version from 2002 where the indicators are integral with the headlights. A change of plans means that I have to change to Continental headlights, so can I fit the later version without serious mods to the vehicle?