Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Odometer Flickering

soulman123

I got in the car this evening and the little window where your millage is is flickering on backlight.

I have sat there switched everything on and off hoping it will stop but no its still flickering ?

Surely this will drain the battery by morning, doh knew I should have stumped up for home start.

any idea what's causing this and how to fix it ?

Worst time for a fault its going in for its mot at 9 providing it will start :(

as always your help is greatly received :)

Well the backlight does stay on for a bit anyway so as long as it switches off youll get started okay the flickering though will need some diagnosing as always start with the battery have a free battery and alternator check done failing that it may be the lights in the display or the display itself

I see. I started fine this morning to drive to it most which I failed I made a detailed post above, might be an interesting read.

It is on the original battery. I will get it checked. Might not be a bad idea to replace it for a nice Bosch s4 I think was the calcium one.

Also will clean that plug on the alternator and check engine earths ? Wherever they might be or what they look like ... Guessing a wire bolted to the chassis.

An odd one this.

sounds like a wiring fault somewhere, as these are LED's and so dont use any power in the grand scheme of things, but perhaps check the fuseboxes and boards for any signs of liquid damage, or short circuits, also check all around the footwells and the dashboards for any sign of moisture.

Time to have a poke around, thanks for the advice where to look.

let us know how you get on, I am specifically interested as I have a somewhat similar issue over in the CMAX section, take a nosey see if any of it is of any help!

let us know how you get on, I am specifically interested as I have a somewhat similar issue over in the CMAX section, take a nosey see if any of it is of any help!

Will do jeeb,

so far had a look at fuses tested all relays with 12v just a noisy wiper one lol

time to have a nosey on the cmax

sounds bizarre, I noticed that as soon as I put my front sidelights on (both front and rear are now LED) my screen flickers as if I just tried to start the engine, do you get similar?

LEDs sound a good route. That doesn't happen to me lol every other fault seems to be happening lately though hehe

lol sounds like my old focus :P

let us know if anything changes though!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club