• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

Gary...you need to change your name to Del Boy :P

only joking!

well done for sourcing the parts on the cheap - they can easily add up to £1000's if your not careful. Personally, dont have any badges on it - make it mysterious!

you have to do the gauge pod - lenny's made a nice guide...Alan (AJT) is thinking about it too! do it, do it, do it! :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Oliverb

Oliverb

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Name: Ollie
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Titanium

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

nice one mate i am going to put the Zetec s kit on my titanium , and i am going to bargain hunt tooo !! lol ....

#18 Jay Ali

Jay Ali

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Excellent work mate cars looking spot on

#19 b4zz

b4zz

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Name: Barry
  • Ford Model: facelift focus zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

very nice fella looks very good and the place that fitted look like they have done a great job

#20 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

Sal, I know what you mean about the parts mate, a few times I was close to just selling on the parts I'd already accrued as getting the front end was proving difficult. Glad now I stuck with it though.

I'm definitely tempted by ST gauge pd mate, but I don't think I'd be bothered gettin it up and running is the only thing. I already have the dash pocket thing, so don't think I'd need to do any/much dash cutting, but I'd never get them up and running so would be purely cosmetic...and I'd lose my dash pocket then! The guy I bought the front bumper off told me he still had loads of parts left, so might drop him a txt to see how much he'd be after for the pod and panel.

What did you do with your exhaust? I think you've RS tailpipes fitted from memory, but are they just dummy pipes held in place with a bracket, or did you get a proper job knocked up and the tailpipes fitted on the end or what? Exhaust is seriously top of my list at the minute!

#21 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

nice one mate i am going to put the Zetec s kit on my titanium , and i am going to bargain hunt tooo !! lol ....

Good luck with it mate. Can be a frustrating process but very satisfying when you get a bargain or two!

Excellent work mate cars looking spot on

Thanks Jay, any tips on the exhaust and badging mate?

very nice fella looks very good and the place that fitted look like they have done a great job

Thanks Bazz, real professional outfit they are. Insurance approved and all that, so they know what they're doin! Was worried with supplying second hand parts they'd have a bit of trouble getting good fitment, but it's all spot on!

#22 Dal.

Dal.

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST225

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

ST only really stands for Stuff & Trim so go for the badge.. :lol:

#23 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Gary - I've been there too with the parts and actually sold most of them to fund my new drive - i'm now trying to sell to fund my electric garage opener!

My exhaust is functional, I have a pipe going across both the tail pipes and the connection is in the middle (no backbox) to the smoke comes out at the same time! I got the tailpipes from ebay for approx £65 delivered...although i have seen a set go for more than £100 recently!

I'm thinking of changing mine BTW from black to chrome....

Surely you cant keep much in the dash pocket? Get the gauge pod and fit your own gauges! If you do decide to change from pocket to pod then let me know...i might be interested! i think the pocket is deep than the pod but i may be wrong!

#24 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Dal, I think I'm gonna do it ya know. Gonna order a rear tailgate badge and a front grille badge, but gonna get them in black. Just been having a nosey on DMB website there now as well, and thinkin about ordering a set of badge inlays in carbon for them all then. Thinkin a set of Carbon/chrome overlays for front and rear as well. My brother's work Transit also has the TDCi grille badge on it, so I'm tempted to swipe this for my front lower grille and see if he notices! Again though, might fill the red lettering with carbon.

I had a stab last night at doing a wing badge myself. Used a bit of leftover 3M stuff I had from wing mirrors and a scalpel blade, but I could barely keep my eyes open so it's not the best job, and awkward to cut round the bends in the S. Hence why I'm thinkin of just getting some pre-cut inlays. What you think?

Photo0695.jpg

Sal, you got any pics of your exhaust setup? Did you knock it up yourself or get someone local to do it?

Can't keep much in the dash pocket at all, fuel receipts and that for work...comes in handy, when I remember it's there, haha! Would need to take a closer look to double check, but I have a blue interior/dash, so even if I did remove the pocket part, it might not be a match for the black interior. Could always be wrapped I suppose!

#25 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

I will try and get you some pics tonight Gary. I didnt know that there were different coloured dashboards

#26 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Me either before I got the car! I'll see if I have any pics handy to explain, or maybe take a couple now when I'm out at lunch. Need some for the interior section on my impending build thread anwyay.

#27 Dal.

Dal.

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

I got some orange inlays for my ST badges from DMB for a couple of quid and they fit just fine :)

#28 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Cheers for that Dal, they look spot on. WIng badge inlays a good fit too yeah? Gonna order the badges off the bay this evenin then and get the inlays in 3M Carbon I think. Carbon should match well with my wing mirrors, but I'll order the grille and tailgate badges in black in case I prefer that to tie in with the black front lip and rear diffuser.

#29 Dal.

Dal.

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

I haven't used the wing badge overlays yet but I don't see any reason why they won't fit a treat. Going to do my spare set in black soon (with orange inlay) and replace with the silver ones seeing as I have my black alloys back on again now..

#30 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Sounds good mate, you'll have to post up your results. Black with blue inlays would be another option for me if I decide I don't like the chrome. Alloys could be going black too ya see to tie in with headlights, RS spoiler and black bumper sections, wing mirrors could be goin gloss black too in that case instead of carbon wrap. So many choices...!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users