Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is Your Distance To Empty ? And What Engine ?

Alexm

Hi all, I did give this a search but couldn't find a thread,delete it by all means if its a duplicate.

Could you all tell me what your distance to empty is when you brim your tank ?

I have a 2007 1.8 tdci, it says 407 on fillup, however according to the fuel gauge I had covered 142 miles to a quarter of a tank, and the current distance to empty + the distance covered ended up totally up to 450 odd at that point of you get what I mean.

Would be glad to hear of your data, any engine would be interesting, but obviously the same as mine would be more useful.

Same engine, depending on the type of run I can get up to 500 miles for purely motorway runs to 370 for city roads in cold weather.

Currently at 420 range which is a jump in one week from 370 in same weather and same driving style (post terraclean service so still collating figures for a post update as to effectiveness of it).

A reading of 400ish is normal for temperatures in Spring to Autumn on a combined run.

Remember that the range is recalculated on a mile by mile basis depending on speed/revs/temperature/driving style.

Ahh that's reassuring that my Most economical driving EVER is yielding results, I even let people overtake me lol

If you get into the highest gear you can without dropping to stall point and accelerate and brake gently you can maximise fuel range but tbh there's not much excitement in that. ;)

Affiliate member if IAM (my posty must think im a right geek when their magazine comes through haha) and I study road craft and blackstones traffic religiously.. :) haha although the style of driving it suggests is far from Economical in roadcraft.

I did safe and fuel efficient driving in my HGV CPC course, but this is the first time I've actually bothered to put the techniques into practice since its the first car I want to look after and fuel is so expensive

My personal driving style is along the lines of enjoy the experience and hang the cost.

Remember you're a long time dead.

2007 1.6tdci....... roughly 500miles to a tank of £65 = 13p per mile :)

depends how i drive her tho and as Stoney says, enjoy it ;)

50 miles of that includes the reserve tank

2007 1.6tdci....... roughly 500miles to a tank of £65 = 13p per mile :)

depends how i drive her tho and as Stoney says, enjoy it ;)

Your the only lady I've spoke to that is pence per mile lol you should be proud ;)

• Like 1

2009 1.6 tdci, when I fill up it usually says 595 miles to empty. Depending where I'm working in the week that figure changes from 550 to 650.

Most I ever had after a few economy runs was 400 miles on fill up. It's normally about 300-330 miles though which is what I get to a tank to the light.

Focus 2.5T mildly modified..

• Like 1

2005 1.6 Auto diesel CMAX - not sure about the service history so most of this is probably due to the fact it needs a damned good service, but I get about 350 - 380 miles to a full tank of fuel (average all winter) this tank though on the warmer weather, I am looking at around 420 and thats with a heavy right foot and a lot of motorway miles...

I dont drive economy style to be honest, so I dont think its too bad

2.0 tdci 2007 non dpf and I seem to be getting a good 440 miles from a tank, more than double what I had in my mondeo v6 :) that is mostly driving around town and the odd run. I do tend to have a bit of a heavy right foot sometimes too...... Love my diesel!

1.8 2004 petrol 340 to a tank till the fuel light pings on. 200 miles motorway and town/country roads driving. although when I top up it says 44 litres and I think the tanks are 55 litres ? in not brave enough to push it hehe

1.6 ecoboost 182ps 420-440 range

1.6 TDCi 115 - Car usually reckons 510 miles, but can fluctuate between 480 and 500 in reality.

I don't usually drive particularly economically, was getting around 45 mpg, but since a service and the slightly warmer weather, I've been getting over 50mpg... given I'm in no way light footed, I have been very impressed recently!

1.0 Ecoboost around 400-410 per tank (though doesn't include what's left in the tank when I fill up). According to my spreadsheet overall miles per tank would be around 480

1.6 petrol 100ps fill up usually get about 320/330 miles heavy right foot :P

1.8 TDCI around £65 will get me 450 miles :D

im shocked at mine 1.6 zetec petrol auto 18 mpg around 220 per tank full, london driving

1.8 petrol on a mostly motorway weekend around 420 miles per tank.

Town only and I'm looking around the 300-&-somethings.

That was all pretty steady 70ish/50 for half the M6 and 15 miles of walking pace (that's just an outright grumble...ignore me). Although I do enjoy getting up to speed ASAP, I rarely go over 3k rpm.

I reckon a good service and wafting up to speed could save me a few pennies.

I think it's also worth noting that I had a full tank of Shell Fuelsave. Which compared to Morrisons seems to have given me around an 1/8th of a tank improvement on my last run to Crawley.

For the size of the engine, I'm reasonably surprised at the fuel usage. Doesn't drink it as much as I thought it would.

im shocked at mine 1.6 zetec petrol auto 18 mpg around 220 per tank full, london driving

Lots of start/stop driving, your car never gets the chance to really get going.

1.6 ti vct i never fill the tank for starters increases fuel economy lugging that around on the 1 occasion i did it was 420 miles

Quite a varied response, thing is my old Astra 1.6 petrol (z16xe) was getting 250 miles to its 52 litre tank fuel light to fuel light ... So I really am enjoying driving a tractor engine lol