Brake And Abs Flash Randomly

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

ah i see mate, not worth it if it causing problems like that

Mind i wouldnt say harness like...that seems overkill for nothing...Has anyone checked the alternator to see if thats surging as it runs of the drive? 

shame your not up this way, otherwise ill have it hooked up all day to IDS to find this for you.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,307 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

at this point I have very little to lose, I wont be taking the family on a motorway until I either get shot, or get fixed. C1145 seems to suggest it may be the RHS front ABS, so will strip the wheel off, and see if I can get the sensor cleaned up, then will just have to see what happens.

Will double check the earth points for good contact and make sure all is OK. Thankfully the bank offered me a loan which means that I will have a few quid to play with, unfortunately though not a great deal! worst case scenario, I take it in to someone like we buy any car, they already quoted about 1300 for my car as its accident damaged. If I cant fix it, then short of a private sale I will have little room for maneuver.

Hopefully its not raining at lunch and I will go out and get a start on it, as far as I can see, the ABS sensor is in the caliper?

#18 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,307 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

OK so (pictures to follow) I have taken the front wheel off in the hope that I can remove the ABS sensor. Took a Ratchet, Extendabar, small socket adapter, 6.5mm socket head and a T25 screwhead and a bit of elbow grease to release the screw.

Now the ABS sensor is welded to the hub, I presume just by rust. The Haynes Manual says you should be able to just remove it by pulling it out but it doesn't seem to be budging, placed a flat head screwdriver next to it and tried to levvy it but its stuck fast... Going to take a few goes me thinks....

Any advice on how I can release the sensor without damaging it? How can I get the caked / rust / cack off the surround without damage? hmmmm

Update: buying some penetrating oil from halfords, will give that a spray tonight and leave it overnight, hopefully that should release the rust from around it...

#19 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Was going to say try penetrating oil lol

#20 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,920 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

OK so (pictures to follow) I have taken the front wheel off in the hope that I can remove the ABS sensor. Took a Ratchet, Extendabar, small socket adapter, 6.5mm socket head and a T25 screwhead and a bit of elbow grease to release the screw.

Now the ABS sensor is welded to the hub, I presume just by rust. The Haynes Manual says you should be able to just remove it by pulling it out but it doesn't seem to be budging, placed a flat head screwdriver next to it and tried to levvy it but its stuck fast... Going to take a few goes me thinks....

Any advice on how I can release the sensor without damaging it? How can I get the caked / rust / cack off the surround without damage? hmmmm

Update: buying some penetrating oil from halfords, will give that a spray tonight and leave it overnight, hopefully that should release the rust from around it...

As I mentioned before, they can be impossible to shift without destroying them. Good luck. Just another 3 to go :lol:

What type does your car use on the rear? For example the mk3 Mondeo is a sealed hub so you cannot remove the sensor

#21 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,307 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

not gotten that far, but according to Haynes its remove a screw and pull out, similar to the front.

Well as a further update, I did a bit of digging through my bank statements, I recalled paying the deposit of £100, turns out I paid it on my Barclaycard - excellent! called them up yesterday, gave them the story, they cant promise anything but they are going to send me the forms and see if they can get me the money back. They just need as much evidence as I can provide them and they will argue the call for me. I am going to request a refund based on the sale of dangerous goods, and also breach of verbal contract. I know there is little chance of getting the money back but it has to be worth a shot!

So playing the waiting game, will see what can happen, I am going to keep trying to clean the ABS but the rain is terrible today so that wont be happening today.

Three ways to go from here:

1) I get a full refund and shot of the car if I win the case

2) I get no refund, try and fix the car and hope to god theres nothing else wrong with it

3) I get no refund, car proves impossible to try and live with, I dispose of the car by some method of sale (private, ebay or to someone like webuyanycar.com for around a grand) and then buy a high mileage with receipts from a private seller for just under 3k, using my credit card.

So there's a third chance I come out of this better off, a third of a chance I keep the car, and a third of a chance I remained stuffed...

#22 Byr0n

Byr0n

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Name: Byron
  • Ford Model: C-Max Zetec 2L Auto
  • Year: 2009

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Sorry just seen the thread, abs could be down to old battery? BMW's suffer from this? I see one of your error codes mentions voltage or something?

#23 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,307 posts
Contributor

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

OK well after speaking further with Barclaycard, it appears that there is insufficient written evidence to proceed with a claim. because there was no written communication, appropriate recorded telephone calls etc, there is no way that they can proceed with a claim as its one word against the other.

Having dug deeper and looked further into it, I have disconnected and reconnected the ABS sensor, and also removed the OBDII bluetooth adapter, and I seem to have no problems at this time... It could have been a bad connection, or it could have been an issue with the bluetooth OBDII.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users