Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shoddy Paint Job -.-

b1g_dav3

Well it looks like I've been given a rush job, as the following aren't right with the paint;

1. There's a lump in the paint on the passenger's door

2. There's a rust spot on the spoiler (even though it's plastic)

3. There's a lump in the paint on the front drivers side body kit

Any idea how to go about this with Ford? I doubt they can turn around and say well I've taken delivery now, but what are they likely to fob me off with?

- Thanks.

Is this a new car you're on about?

I would complain, Its a brand new car i would expect those faults on a 20 year old car, Not one thats just rolled off of the production line.

I'd have refused delivery if I'd noticed it on pick-up, but it was a pretty awful day >.<

Main thinking is don't you have a paint warranty or something? Pretty sure 3 days it should still stand.

Not good Dave but easily sorted, just pop back to the dealer and point it out to them. Shouldn't be a problem to sort it as its obviously something that happened before you received it.

Always good to see them than to ring them.

I'd have refused delivery if I'd noticed it on pick-up, but it was a pretty awful day >.<

Main thinking is don't you have a paint warranty or something? Pretty sure 3 days it should still stand.

Paint Warranty

We also cover the paintwork on your Ford against corrosion and defective work. If a problem is found, we’ll repair it free of charge.
Corrosion Protection Warranty
Your Ford bodywork is covered against perforation by rust, from the inside or underside, for 6 to 12 years, depending you vehicle. However, surface rusting caused by scratches or stone chips, isn’t covered.

Well pretty sure I'm safe to make my claim, thanks for that bit of info because I'll use that quote :P