Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Problems

pieman67

hi all im not mechanically minded so i thought id try here for some avice before i go to a garage i have a problem with my ford fiesta 1.4 petrol mk7 it starts ok but i need to leave it running and rev it up somewhat to keep it running if i dont do this then the engine cuts out it seems to struggle to run unless i keep revving it up afer it has run for a few minutes its fine also if i ask someone to smell the fumes they say it stinks of petrol and there seems to be a lot of smoke this only happens if i really revit high thank for lookin at my post

Sounds like the fuel/air mixture is off so its a sensor, best bet is to take it to a garage for them to cast a beady eye, does it do it on every start or just the first start from cold? When was the last service, filters and plugs?

hi thanks for your reply it happens nearly on every start especially the first one of the day i get it going go to work which is 2 miles away leave it for about 7 hours then same thing again when i start it for my return journey ive had a full service all filters and oil and that, the revs drop right down and it conks out it feels like its struggling to get going i can put my foot down and ram the revs up but when i take my foot of it they drop right down and it stops aside from that when its running it fine

Im guessing that the engine warning light isn't on at all, and on what you have said it must be the IAC or a dirty throttle body. You could clean both of these and see if that makes any difference, if so you could save yourself a few quid otherwise if its the IAC i think a ford one would be about £60 - 100, but im not 100% sure.

hi nathan thanx for your reply as you indicated the warning light doesnt come on il do as you say and see how it goes il get back to you if it does the trick cheers mate

• 2 weeks later...

hi nathan thanx for your reply as you indicated the warning light doesnt come on il do as you say and see how it goes il get back to you if it does the trick cheers mate

Hi, have you fixed the problem, having exactly the same trouble with my car, could do with some help, thanks

Hi, have you fixed the problem, having exactly the same trouble with my car, could do with some help, thanks

Just been told by Ford you can't buy an idle control valve, its built into the housing throttle plate, which has been priced at £380 to buy the part.

hi all im not mechanically minded so i thought id try here for some avice before i go to a garage i have a problem with my ford fiesta 1.4 petrol mk7 it starts ok but i need to leave it running and rev it up somewhat to keep it running if i dont do this then the engine cuts out it seems to struggle to run unless i keep revving it up afer it has run for a few minutes its fine also if i ask someone to smell the fumes they say it stinks of petrol and there seems to be a lot of smoke this only happens if i really revit high thank for lookin at my post

Hi have you sorted the problem, i have the same problem with my Fiesta.

hi all its a miracle cant believe its fixed heres how i only do around 5 miles per day dont use car for anything else so i mentioned it to a friend as i told him i was going to try and sell it but wouldnt want to pass it onto someone else knowing it had this problem so he asked around his work did anyone know anything about ford cars a lad said i do whats up he explained my problem to him and he said can i take a look at car so my mate brought him to see me he had a good look under bonnet then asked me how many miles a day i did and how much i used it told him all this and that i had full service in december but had problem before service so he said take it for a good run upto warrington on motorway and really give it a bit of stick which i did anyway its running like a new car all it needed was the injectors blasting thru cos its not used much they clog up so thats all it was !Removed! hell 5months it was like that cos im just like a sunday driver, swear to god its purring over and running like a dream im even using less petrol thax for all ye input guys and what a great site this is

Yeh the valve it's self gets crapped up just generally, I should clean mine but I just can't be asked, I know from my experience with mine thst it runs alot more quietly if you take it to the main road or dual carriageway and rev the nuts off it, I just hate to do it because it drinks petrol.

the good old italian tune up....cures many a problem ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club