Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Courtesy Light Size?

WAZ91

Hello,

i'm looking to put this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-Blue-Interior-Courtesy-Light-LED-F6-264-42mm-Festoon-Upgrade-Bulb-/350619815254?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51a291cd56#ht_1997wt_966

as my courtesy light but im not sure if it is right? I have a mk 2.5 1.8TDCI and its just the straight line courtsey light.

Any help much appriaciated

im looking to do the same thing but its best to take the bulb out take a photo of it and add the photo in the tread for better help

looks right, my CMAX is a 10w 42mm long festoon bulb, I just bought a very similar bulb, but I am fairly confident that will fit.

for reference, I bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360551426505?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

two pack for less than £2 - im laughing!

fitted mine on Friday and they both work a treat. Just remember to switch off the light before trying to fit the bulb. I made this mistake twice, and frazzled two fuses :p whoever would have thought that you should learn from the first instance!

I'm going to take the plunge and get them now :)

I recently bought a headlight kit from the same company and it was with me within 2 day so excellent service.

Thanks for the help :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I recently checked what light i acctually had and on the casing it says W6W.

Its defo not Festoon looking at it

post-40686-0-24313600-1367935000_thumb.j

just like mine a capless bulb

so do i just need to find a W6W blue bulb?

if you have interior scanners, then the w6w sounds right, but yes, if you get a coloured one, should be a straight swap.

i have a similar bulb (7 led) and after turning the car off getting out and locking the car the light slighty stays on (very dim) not sure for how long but after goin g back to check an hr later (easyer to see in the dark) the lights off

Because the bulbs draw very little current sometimes residual voltage in the wiring will keep the bulbs glowing for a little while.

TBH you could keep those bulbs burning for more than a month and they shouldn't pull your battery down.

i 1st bought those blue bulbs and wasnt happy with the brightness so put them as the number plate lights and got the 7led 1s which are alot brighter and im much happier

Sweet cheers guys I shall be getting the next payday along with new Brake pads and discs :-(