Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Issue

dm275011

I have a slight problem with the sync in my fiesta. Having been quite happily playing my ipod through the aux setting, this morning it froze (the sync not the ipod) the screen is blank and won't now play either through the line-in or through bluetooth. I have tried a master reset, disconnecting ipod, turing on/off etc. Any ideas????

• Open Glove box and pull down towards floor.
  • Behind glove box is a fuse box, fuse 24 (red 10amp) look at my attached blurry picture as the fuses are not numbered or look at your handbook diagram.
  • Pull it out for several seconds and re-insert
  • Ford Shlt sorry I mean Sync will re-boot

Your become familar with this procedure as it appears ford have gave us a device that is full of gremlins.

I would not recommend taking it to a dealer its a simple 5 mins job.

Dear Mr Ford

Can we have the old Ford bluetooth system back it worked and was not broken!! :angry:

Why on earth you teamed up with Microsoft i dont know.

• Like 2

Now this is !Removed! funny because Ford are telling me my car is the only car in the country that keeps locking up like this so they cant fix it!!!!!

You wait til I get them tossers on the phone again tomorrow lol. Still not to sure I want to be pulling a fuse out every time but it saves going to the dealer! Its been in 5 times already!

Now this is !Removed! funny because Ford are telling me my car is the only car in the country that keeps locking up like this so they cant fix it!!!!!

You wait til I get them tossers on the phone again tomorrow lol. Still not to sure I want to be pulling a fuse out every time but it saves going to the dealer! Its been in 5 times already!

Mine does it too now lol.

So glad I saw this. Ive been considering rejecting the car if they cant fix it tbh!

Microsoft are the brains behind this Ford Sync crap, why why why did Ford team up with them, we now have systems installed in the Fiesta that are capable of recording data and can be downloaded and read by experts in the event of an accident :huh:

You can guarantee every service the car goes in for there will be a Ford Sync update to be installed to iron out continuous niggles. :unsure:

• Like 1

Well their telling me theres supposed to be an update in March (yes I'm aware its been and gone lol) that sorted out SYNC crashing out with iPod's connected through USB and also text messaging displaying unknown number? Mine does that too I don't know if yours do.

Well their telling me theres supposed to be an update in March (yes I'm aware its been and gone lol) that sorted out SYNC crashing out with iPod's connected through USB and also text messaging displaying unknown number? Mine does that too I don't know if yours do.

My texts all come from 00000 lol.

Mine freezes when it is 'Auto Indexing'

and that &#33;Removed&#33; women with her so unnatural voice <_< grrrrrrrrr its like they have installed a system that is running from a processor taken from an Atari, Commodore or Spectrum computer!! :angry:

• Like 1

Yeah mine does that too. &#33;Removed&#33; annoying but this morning it froze with a blank screen as the OP's did.

Weird how they differ with regards to texts but then mine was an late december build lol

• 2 months later...

Cheers for this!

absolute pain in the....it was distracting enough having to unplug and replug my ipod when it crashed mid song....i have visions of leaving the glovebox permanently open from now on just for easy access at the lights!

Sync is absolute balls. It's probably the worst thing I've had on a car, and I've had a car with brakes that set on fire.

no wonder Ford are giving it away free, it looks like the public are doing the testing :) when it starts going funny does that annoying paperclip pop up and ask if it can help ? :)

If Sync is pants, then has anyone changed the HU for a half decent double din unit ?

• Like 3

no wonder Ford are giving it away free, it looks like the public are doing the testing :) when it starts going funny does that annoying paperclip pop up and ask if it can help ? :)

If Sync is pants, then has anyone changed the HU for a half decent double din unit ?

If it is anything like the older Ford stereos, it'll be a 1.8din, and not a double din stereo... Maybe ford have sorted their lives out now.

• 5 months later...

Ive recently brought a Fiesta ST in Australia, but I have the same issue that 1 / 10 times I start the car - Sync doesnt start. get access to CD / Radio and not Voice, bluetooth, USB, Line-in. If i turn the car off and lock it for a few mins and come back to restart it - it normally fixes it.

I brought it up with my dealer at its first service but they didn't have any idea about it.

Does anyone know if the Ford Mytouch system from the US fits into our cars, ive heard this is bad too but surely it will be better.

• 3 months later...

2 weeks old and sync frozen on one phone but not on the others!!!

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Today my Sync system on my Fiesta was working fine in the morning, and I come to use it in the afternoon and it has completely stopped working. I press the AUX button on the dash and it keeps flicking back to the radio. If i do get it stay on the AUX bluetooth page, it doesn't display the whole screen and no music will play. Also the Phone button on the dash has also stopped working. I have tried to go in to the sync settings or sync applications but it will not let me select those options. If i'm lucky my phone will connect, I tell it to play music but no sound will be played but it shows it is playing on my phone. I have tried to fix this issue by unplugging the sync unit underneath the glove box but this has not worked.

Has anybody had this issue to this extent before and any suggestions on how to fix it without taking it to a Ford dealership?

Thank you

My Sync was fine until my last service, now it goes mental every so often.  Occasionally freezes or refuses to find the phone as well, then 10 minutes later magically recognises it.  Doesn't give me much confidence for the new car which has sat nav as well!!!!  I feel for anyone who gets an early new model!

• 3 years later...

I have no fuse 24 or 21 and my sync system keeps disconnecting me,also when I’m playing my music through my phone it says it’s playing but nothing it coming through the car..

I have done the menu you then reset and all that  

need help!?

I have no fuse 24 or 21 and my sync system keeps disconnecting me,also when I’m playing my music through my phone it says it’s playing but nothing it coming through the car..

I have done the menu you then reset and all that  

need help!?

• 2 years later...

I have a 2009 ford fiesta titanium spec.

My bluetooth, aux and usb was working fine.  After I changed my battery it stopped working. 

When i go to bluetooth it just says MUTE .

When j connect to aux or USB nothing happens .

Any suggestions?

pull the fuse