Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Central Locking

eddk1988

hi can anyone tell me were to wire any after market remote central locking kit to the indertor in the gem unit the block and wire would be helpful and my car an mk6 preface lift its starting to do my head in

Don't buy an aftermarket kit, just buy a new GEM module equipped with remote locking

Is the new GEM definitely equipped with remote central locking? Check the serial number and make sure the last two letters begun with either a C or D for example.... 2S6T-15K600-DF.... The C is equipped with RCL and the D is equipped with RCL with deadlocls. the F from the example part number isnt too important as there are DA,DB....etc. 2S6T is for pre facelift From 2002-2004(I think) then it goes to 4S6T for pre facelift between 2004-2005, then goes to 6S6T which is for a facelift fiesta so incompatible for your car. You also need to make sure the one you get is for the same number of doors as your car.

There's a test you can do to check if your GEM has got RCL capibility.... insert key into ignition and twist to II and back to 0, 4 Times within 5 seconds a tone will be heard if the remote locking module is present,

Hope this helps.

It's hasn't thank anyways it's too exspenice to change easier the way I did it cost a 10 pound but need to no where the wire is to make the light flash

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club