Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk1 2.0 Ghia Gearbox Grinding On Down Change To First

liamk1991

hello all am having a problem with my focus mk1 2.0 ghia, the outher day the clutch master cylinder arm that fits on the pedal snaped off , i replaced it but after taking it for a test when slowing down and going into first it grinds but will go in , i have the clutch all the way down, it does not happen when still going into first nor does it happen in any outher gear. only when moving and changing down to first ,

does any one have an idea what has happend , i will confess when the master cylinder went i was at a set of lights , i panicked and pushed into first grinding it just to move out of the way. hope i havent wrecked the box. thanks, liamk1991

Its always difficult to get into first gear whn you're still moving and for a few moments after becoming stationary. Same when putting the car into reverse too quick when you're moving forward at first

its before stoping like if you come to a round about and slow right down , then you can go before you have to stop so you select 1st and it grinds on going in, it never did this before i changed the clutch master cylinder, could it be air in the clutch system. ?

Like I said you're not meant to realy use your first gear even when you've slowed right down unless you actually stop altogether. Thats probably how it broke in the first place lol

as above the rpoblem is you dont use first unless you are at a full stop 2nd gear will do fine thats the problem not the gearbox

ok thanks guys never had a ford do this, and been told to use first moving but will keep going with it . thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club