Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

billyboggins

rear wheel bearings

3 posts in this topic

pretty sure i have a problem with my n/s rear wheel bearing...how much to replace ...is it a diy job?

Its a real easy job if you have access to a press to remove and fit the bearings.

Slacken wheel nuts, choke front wheels and release handbrake, jack up rear of car and support on stands, remove hub nut metal cap, undo hub nut and remove the brake drum, remove circlip and press out old bearing, press in new bearing and install new circlip. Re-assemble.

Its a real easy job if you have access to a press to remove and fit the bearings.

Slacken wheel nuts, choke front wheels and release handbrake, jack up rear of car and support on stands, remove hub nut metal cap, undo hub nut and remove the brake drum, remove circlip and press out old bearing, press in new bearing and install new circlip. Re-assemble.

...or if you don't fancy the hassle, I got a rear wheel bearing replaced at a small local garage for £65. Although Ford would probably charge you 4x that.