2 replies to this topic

#1 billyboggins

billyboggins

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

pretty sure i have a problem with my n/s rear wheel bearing...how much to replace ...is it a diy job?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 graham16v

graham16v

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus
Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

Its a real easy job if you have access to a press to remove and fit the bearings.

Slacken wheel nuts, choke front wheels and release handbrake, jack up rear of car and support on stands, remove hub nut metal cap, undo hub nut and remove the brake drum, remove circlip and press out old bearing, press in new bearing and install new circlip. Re-assemble.

#3 Whelk8891

Whelk8891

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk1 Saloon 1.8 TDDi
Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:06 AM

Its a real easy job if you have access to a press to remove and fit the bearings.

Slacken wheel nuts, choke front wheels and release handbrake, jack up rear of car and support on stands, remove hub nut metal cap, undo hub nut and remove the brake drum, remove circlip and press out old bearing, press in new bearing and install new circlip. Re-assemble.

...or if you don't fancy the hassle, I got a rear wheel bearing replaced at a small local garage for 65. Although Ford would probably charge you 4x that.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users