Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Software Updates

brows

what software updates have ye're focus's?

i updated mine as i hold ford IDS it is now on ver.79.

IDS is currently on 82 iirc, but i havnt had the time to download and install etc.

EDIT: i believe this updated the PCM to help deal with EGR issues and other emissions, car seems to run a little smoother but that could just me thinking it.

i updated mine as i hold ford IDS it is now on ver.79.

IDS is currently on 82 iirc, but i havnt had the time to download and install etc.

EDIT: i believe this updated the PCM to help deal with EGR issues and other emissions, car seems to run a little smoother but that could just me thinking it.

how did you get hold of an IDS? and is there a special lead you need? do you need a VCM?

I got it from china, its basically a clone lead and hardware that the dealers hold. And yeah its a special cable and translator in the middle to access all the ecu features

This sounds interesting, so you can update your cars software ?

is this a simple procedure ?

Definitely sounds interesting, where do you buy this from ?

I had a mk4 golf before and the software for that was vag com it cost about £200 but was great from fault codes to live data. It paid for itself with the amount of lights that pinged in lol. I guess this is a similar thing.

Yeah, pretty simple. Ensure your connected to the obdii port, latest calibrations installed. Then its a case of going to reprogram

Module and it will update, if available.

It its pretty much the same as vagcom, planet or lexia (peugeot citroen) and you get them from hong kong sellers. Obdiitools sell them, i cant remember the site unfortunatly... Ill try dig it out.

I use IDS though only for reprogramming and not calibration updates. I'm on V82 now.

iNath...can you send me a PM on where you got 82 calibrations and software ;) ive checked all my sources, although they have software but not 82 calibrations.... Just upgraded to Ver 81 with 81 calibrations, extended my licence and updated my VCM

Oh for those interested here is a link to what i purchased....

http://www.obd2tools.co.uk/wholesale/ford-rotunda-dealer-ids-vcm-newest-version-v74-v126.html

Looks good.

That brings me to the same question. where do you get the files for updating ?

errmmm... i dont think the forum rules allow me to discuss this in public.

Basically its a torrent, from the sneaky russians...who seem to love ford... that has all the files and diagnostic software etc.

ooooh I see. I thought there was some tech site which released them lol I'm so nieve lol even for 3 magic beans to prove it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club