Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Groaning/whining Noise

liam0090

hi I am new to this thread I have a mk1 ford focus 1.4 just recently it has been making a groaning/whining noise whilst driving but the faster you go the louder it gets any advice would be appreciated cheers liam.

sounds like it could be tyres, perhaps you need to replace them or they are not tracked correctly.

Moving to Focus Section.

Also a possible wheel bearing !!!

Does sound like a bearing. Worth jacking up each aide an spinning the wheel listening for the noise.

I always check this first as is easy and free but tyres and tracking as jeeb said could be causing it.

You won't be able to hear a noise by simply jacking the car up and spinning the wheel lol. You need to check for play by grabbing the wheel top and bottom and rocking it, also side to side, any movement and its a bearing on its way to collapsing.

Ok thanks for help will check it out later :)

You won't be able to hear a noise by simply jacking the car up and spinning the wheel lol. You need to check for play by grabbing the wheel top and bottom and rocking it, also side to side, any movement and its a bearing on its way to collapsing.

Your more likely to hear a noise than feel movement. If its moving about its really far gone and very dangerous.

I have diagnosed bearings just by hearing. a good spin and you can hear it. Quite a dinstintive sound. Also sticking a scope sometimes helps if your unsure. A chap at my local garage has mastered it so much if he test drives it he can tell exactly which one without touching the wheel. Last time I was in his count was 86 cars out of 89 lol mad! I do a 9-3 12-6 test aswell so nanana :)

It was a wheel bearing I can drive in peace now lol cheers for help