Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Habits

DanGersFord

We've all got them what are your bad habits when it comes to driving? Id have to say mine is probably riding my clutch while waiting at a junction, and probably forgetting im not in my van when it vomes to over taking! My wee 1.3 just hasnt got enough oomph for the task sometimes :lol:

Fess up whats yours ;)

One hand on the steering wheel and one on the gearstick :oops:

I do that aswell lol

I have no bad habits at all.

I'm a perfect driver.

Honestly!

Aye right Clive! ;) You've got the worst habit of the lot of us! Everytime you flash your lights to pull one of us up! :lol:

I would of thought that was a good habit ;)

TBH most of the cars i pull seem to strangely be Vaux####s. :d

Haha thats ok then ;)

Haha thats ok then ;)

Thought that would make you happy. (it does me :d)

• Like 1

Lol poor little Vauxhall drivers lol

Lol poor little Vauxhall drivers lol

Sod them! ;)

• Like 1

That would be fun , set up a road block and have the whole line of cars to be checked as Vaux*&^%$ haha

It could be like a FordOwners day out and we could set up Stalls and Stocks for the V-Drivers.

Have the FOC crew in club t-shirts all lined up jeering and throwing cans of Curust to them.

I enjoy trying to write novels for a hobby, mainly Sci-Fi, but sometimes also thrillers or action or World War II based stories, so sometimes when driving, a sudden inspiration would come up, an idea would form in my mind, I'm suddenly thinking of a scene, thinking about what this or that character would do, how this or that action would unfold. I would end up thinking, how would this starship move around during a space battle, how would the pilot react, or what would some villain be like when he's shouting or raving.

And I would find myself actually gripping the steering wheel a bit hard, thumbs pressing and fingers pulling, acting like I'm this space pilot, that I would act out how the charact would react, or that I would be mouthing what a character would be shouting. My heart would beat a little faster, and in rare cases, sometimes i get so excited to a point where sometimes my foot press down on the gas pedal and i pile on 5 more mph.

It only happens just for around a few seconds, on open out of town roads, not much traffic anywhere, before I calm down and telling myself: "Okay! Okay! Just put it in the back of my head, first chance I get, when I get to stop, jot a quick note about it, but for now, think about driving!"

Good thing I don't change gears when those ideas comes up otherwise I would jerk the gear stick as if it was a fighter plane's joystick!!

Thats one way to wreck your gear box using it as a joy stick! :lol:

Now I get the Major Eazy reference.

Used to love his stories as a kid.

Major Eazy and Tewfik kicking butt.

The artist Carlos Ezquerra used to do many of the main characters in 2000AD too (in the days before computers came into play).

Many good memories of sitting in my Uncles Barber Shop reading the comics and those little Commando magazines you used to be able to get.

Happy days.

• Like 1

I love those commando mags :)

Ah the good old days.

Used to have piles of them and about 3000 or more 2000AD comics.

Now I get the Major Eazy reference.

Used to love his stories as a kid.

Major Eazy and Tewfik kicking butt.

The artist Carlos Ezquerra used to do many of the main characters in 2000AD too (in the days before computers came into play).

Many good memories of sitting in my Uncles Barber Shop reading the comics and those little Commando magazines you used to be able to get.

Happy days.

Yep. Major Eazy was part of a series found in the weekly comic called Battle (often with various names such as Battle Action or Battle and Action Force whenever other comics merge with Battle).

it was comics like that and stories like Major Eazy, D-Day Dawson, and Johnny Red that inspired me to try drawing my own comic stories, but I'm not really that good at drawing, plus I tend to just jump right in, draw the stories, without some ideas of a plot, often running out of pages before I could finish the comic, that I decided to try writing draft outlines first, and writing those short stories, outlines, and such, inspired me to get interested in writing only.

Every writers are different, but in general for most, often if you try to think of a story and try to write it, you won't be able to think of a better story or the plot would be not that good (you sometimes get writer's block if you try to force yourself to think of a story), but if you're relaxed, doing nothing, or just doing something else, like travelling on a train or driving in your car, sometimes the flow of ideas comes up. I have a bad habit of sometimes suddenly getting new ideas for stories when driving.

While I do have a bad habit of suddenly getting excited while driving because some ideas for a story just came up, although those always only happens on quite roads, I did have a one off expereince, not a bad habit as it was only a one off thing...

There was that time when I was out driving very late at night time, around 12 midnight or 1am or so, i do believe it may have been 2am, i was out in the countyside, very open and level area, straight road, totally no traffic around at all, and it was a full moon with clear skies. I pulled off the road, onto a track, got out to look at the stars. (I'm also amateur astronomer.) After watching the stars, I decided to go home, so I got back on the road, still no cars around, totally nobody around, just me on my own, I took the chance to try driving slowly (10mph) with the headlights off, and got to experience what it would feel like if i was on the Moon driving a moon rover, the land was washed with the moonlight, it was wonderful experience.

The only bad habit of driving with headlights still off that I have is only very rare, and always from that petrol station where their overhead lights are so bright, I tend to thought it was still daylight, often by the time I left the garage, I just remembered it's still night-time so I turn my lights on. Only done that like maybe 3 or 4 times in the whole 6 years I've been a driver.

Kind of related to the above, if I'm parked in a brightly lit area at night I often pull away with no lights on, especially as everything inside is constantly back lit on Fords these days... last few times it's happened luckily I've been with friends who have tapped their brake lights at me!

With me it's getting somewhere and not remembering how I got there, that usually happens on my way to work in the morning. I am also guilty of getting distracted and then wondering lanes :/

Not as bad as my mum though, when she's driving it's like the act of driving is about 5th on her list of things to do!!

I tend to drive like the locals...which in Grimsby isn't too bad...Blackpool/Fleetwood on the other hand...veerrryyy aggressive and generally a !Removed!.

Coupled with the old one hand on the wheel, other on the gear stick/picking my nose/grabbing a sweet/drink or changing CD lol

I also get quite verbal - almost having conversations with drivers I think are driving badly (not like my Dad who just screams and swears at them - I'm not THAT bad).

Ohh yeah...and pedestrians who just waltz out in front of me get a somewhat excessive blast of the horn

I'm not a bad driver...or so I think...certainly not the worst, yeah, let's stick with that one!!

One hand on the steering wheel and one on the gear knob (and its an auto!)

overuse of mirrors, however sometimes forgetting to check over the shoulder for oncoming traffic.

being very easily offended by other peoples driving.

occasional hints of road rage.

but worst of all... Expecting other people to oblige by the rules of the highway code :O... I know, its as bad as picking your nose with one hand while putting your lippy on with the other and steering with your toes...

1 hand on the wheel, other chillin' on the arm rest :P need to knock that one out sharpish >.< though I do tend to be a fan of the one handed steering >.<

Aside from that I'm not actually too bad really, I don't speed, I leave good distance, indicate, eat maccies, look over the shoulder, drive with fog lights on, handbrake turns.... :P

• Like 1

lol model driver Dave :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club