• Super Mod
  • 15,826 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

Ah the good old days.
Used to have piles of them and about 3000 or more 2000AD comics.

#18 Major Eazy

Major Eazy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Name: J
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2000

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Now I get the Major Eazy reference.
Used to love his stories as a kid.
Major Eazy and Tewfik kicking butt.
The artist Carlos Ezquerra used to do many of the main characters in 2000AD too (in the days before computers came into play).
Many good memories of sitting in my Uncles Barber Shop reading the comics and those little Commando magazines you used to be able to get. 
Happy days.

Yep. Major Eazy was part of a series found in the weekly comic called Battle (often with various names such as Battle Action or Battle and Action Force whenever other comics merge with Battle).

it was comics like that and stories like Major Eazy, D-Day Dawson, and Johnny Red that inspired me to try drawing my own comic stories, but I'm not really that good at drawing, plus I tend to just jump right in, draw the stories, without some ideas of a plot, often running out of pages before I could finish the comic, that I decided to try writing draft outlines first, and writing those short stories, outlines, and such, inspired me to get interested in writing only.

Every writers are different, but in general for most, often if you try to think of a story and try to write it, you won't be able to think of a better story or the plot would be not that good (you sometimes get writer's block if you try to force yourself to think of a story), but if you're relaxed, doing nothing, or just doing something else, like travelling on a train or driving in your car, sometimes the flow of ideas comes up. I have a bad habit of sometimes suddenly getting new ideas for stories when driving.

#19 Major Eazy

Major Eazy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Name: J
  • Year: 2000

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

While I do have a bad habit of suddenly getting excited while driving because some ideas for a story just came up, although those always only happens on quite roads, I did have a one off expereince, not a bad habit as it was only a one off thing...

There was that time when I was out driving very late at night time, around 12 midnight or 1am or so, i do believe it may have been 2am, i was out in the countyside, very open and level area, straight road, totally no traffic around at all, and it was a full moon with clear skies. I pulled off the road, onto a track, got out to look at the stars. (I'm also amateur astronomer.) After watching the stars, I decided to go home, so I got back on the road, still no cars around, totally nobody around, just me on my own, I took the chance to try driving slowly (10mph) with the headlights off, and got to experience what it would feel like if i was on the Moon driving a moon rover, the land was washed with the moonlight, it was wonderful experience.

The only bad habit of driving with headlights still off that I have is only very rare, and always from that petrol station where their overhead lights are so bright, I tend to thought it was still daylight, often by the time I left the garage, I just remembered it's still night-time so I turn my lights on. Only done that like maybe 3 or 4 times in the whole 6 years I've been a driver.

#20 jimrex

jimrex

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 574 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: 2011 Mk3 Focus, 2009 Mk7 Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Kind of related to the above, if I'm parked in a brightly lit area at night I often pull away with no lights on, especially as everything inside is constantly back lit on Fords these days... last few times it's happened luckily I've been with friends who have tapped their brake lights at me!

With me it's getting somewhere and not remembering how I got there, that usually happens on my way to work in the morning. I am also guilty of getting distracted and then wondering lanes :/

Not as bad as my mum though, when she's driving it's like the act of driving is about 5th on her list of things to do!!

#21 SeanW

SeanW

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,122 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

I tend to drive like the locals...which in Grimsby isn't too bad...Blackpool/Fleetwood on the other hand...veerrryyy aggressive and generally a !Removed!.

Coupled with the old one hand on the wheel, other on the gear stick/picking my nose/grabbing a sweet/drink or changing CD lol

I also get quite verbal - almost having conversations with drivers I think are driving badly (not like my Dad who just screams and swears at them - I'm not THAT bad).

Ohh yeah...and pedestrians who just waltz out in front of me get a somewhat excessive blast of the horn

I'm not a bad driver...or so I think...certainly not the worst, yeah, let's stick with that one!!

#22 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,739 posts
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
Contributor

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

One hand on the steering wheel and one on the gear knob (and its an auto!)

overuse of mirrors, however sometimes forgetting to check over the shoulder for oncoming traffic.

being very easily offended by other peoples driving.

occasional hints of road rage.

but worst of all... Expecting other people to oblige by the rules of the highway code :o... I know, its as bad as picking your nose with one hand while putting your lippy on with the other and steering with your toes...

#23 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,525 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

1 hand on the wheel, other chillin' on the arm rest :P need to knock that one out sharpish >.< though I do tend to be a fan of the one handed steering >.<

Aside from that I'm not actually too bad really, I don't speed, I leave good distance, indicate, eat maccies, look over the shoulder, drive with fog lights on, handbrake turns.... :P

#24 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,739 posts
Contributor

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

lol model driver Dave :D

#25 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,525 posts
Contributor

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Oh totally :P 

#26 hubby1959

hubby1959

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Name: Neil
  • Ford Model: Mondeo MK 2
  • Year: 1999

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

One hand on the gear shift the other on the wheel is a common for a lot of drivers including myself, mine comes from driving trucks, when you got 13 forward gears your forever changing them, then some numpty pulls out in front of you cos they don't want to get stuck behind a lorry on the next hill.

What they don't realise is, trucks may be slow to pick up speed but they're also slow at stopping, I've had many a scare due to some idiots inconsiderate driving

#27 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,826 posts
Contributor

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

One hand on the wheel, other holding my cig.

#28 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,525 posts
Contributor

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

One hand on the wheel, other holding my cig.

Worst habbit - smoking in cars. Should be illegal in my eyes, would you want someone smoking in you? No. Poor car :(

#29 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,826 posts
Contributor

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

Worst habbit - smoking in cars. Should be illegal in my eyes, would you want someone smoking in you? No. Poor car :(

Banned from smoking pretty much everywhere else so its the only place I can call my own apart from my house where if someone doesn't like it they can bog off.

#30 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,739 posts
Contributor

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

lol :D

just learn by my experience... Sitting with a lit cig in your gob... Some eedget pulls out in front of you, and as you have only passed your test 24 hours ago, you get shocked, open your gob to shout profanities and drop your lit cigarette upon your gentlemanly nether regions. I had a very "flame resistant" pair of trousers that lied to me and where no more "flame resistant" than the fumes of a bowl of petrol.

very small fire ensued and my trousers were a writeoff, thankfully my boxers where rather better at not combusting, and as such I only had a few singes :D

Since then, I am not a fan of smoking in moving vehicles, but I wouldnt ban it, I would just issue a health warning "forget the cancer, save your gonads..."

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users