Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lenny

I'm a complete novice but as Lenny said, take your time and give it ago, you'll be pleasantly surprised with yourself after doing it, all id add to the guide is move the fuel filter back and take the bracket off for extra room if you need it. You can build up your confidence doing that before going for the valve too

• Like 1

I'm a complete novice but as Lenny said, take your time and give it ago, you'll be pleasantly surprised with yourself after doing it, all id add to the guide is move the fuel filter back and take the bracket off for extra room if you need it. You can build up your confidence doing that before going for the valve too

+1 atleast you guys had the guide lmao i spent weeks on google images looking at EGR valves trying to find it on the engine lol

I was a complete novice aswell.

• Like 1

If only you had a Haynes manual lol.

Could have been funny if you had tried to blank the wrong thing.

On the plus side, lenny can live happy knowing he has made many people very happy lol

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

If only you had a Haynes manual lol.

Could have been funny if you had tried to blank the wrong thing.

On the plus side, lenny can live happy knowing he has made many people very happy lol

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

i did and do have the haynes manual lol but it dont show how to remove the egr valve,

Tried to blank v8cki's mouth a few times but didnt work so well lol

Its a nice feeling to share knowlege and experience with others,

Id need to go shopping for some tools first lmao.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Id need to go shopping for some tools first lmao.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

This kit is much the same as the one I've got: http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/7004360.htm

Will get you through all the guides,

Or this kit will see you through most jobs aswell: http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/1515611.htm

Most of my tools are cheaper sets, like garage specials lol. Got 2 lots of wratchet and bits, many many screwdrivers and most of the time these do the trick, if one tool doesnt quite do the job, then I find a way to make it :p

• Like 1

• Like 1

EGR plate is ordered :) although im not fitting it........lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I walk through full thread and I would like to do EGR blanking and DPF delete but I didn't catch one thing. Can I do DPF mapping by my self or it need to be done by professionals? Does anyone try with resistors on DPF sensor cables?

• Like 1

I walk through full thread and I would like to do EGR blanking and DPF delete but I didn't catch one thing. Can I do DPF mapping by my self or it need to be done by professionals? Does anyone try with resistors on DPF sensor cables?

I see from your profile information that your ford is a 2009

This means that your DPF may be a Ceramic dpf, if it is a ceramic then it wont have any sensors in the exhaust system,

However the remap carried out after dpf internal removal is not only to eliminate the file regarding the operations of the dpf, the remap also changes various other parameters to ensure there is no smoke from the exhaust and emissions remain within limits aswell as increasing your power and MPG figures,

Please Note: if you decide to remove the dpf internals by yourself, take extreme care to protect your respiratory system and skin,

The dpf filter carrys much the same characteristics as Aspestos which has ireversable effects on you4 lungs,

The eloys fluid is also corossive which can cause severe skin irritation,

If gotten in contact with skin rinse the affected area with Viniger and seek medical attention,

Viniger that you put on your chips is a mild acid, washing an acidic burn with viniger will wash away the heavier acid content,

However washing with water only dilutes the acid causing further burning as water is most accepted by the body.

Overall though all considered id pay for the service to be done but each to there own.

wow! thx for this long and useful reply.. I will pass DPF removal for now, but I would like to get EGR deleted. Can I get better MPG and improved torque with EGR deletion only?

• Like 1

wow! thx for this long and useful reply.. I will pass DPF removal for now, but I would like to get EGR deleted. Can I get better MPG and improved torque with EGR deletion only?

yes i recommend this aswell as fitting a Green Cotton induction filter this thread is dedicated to EGR blanking which is effectively "EGR Deletion" please take the time to read through the pages of feedback from people whom have done there's.

And here is a link to the Green Cotton Filter thread: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

You should see a slight increase in MPG from EGR blank/Delete

I recommend fitting a direct replacement performance induction filter, after you blank the EGR

Why?

Because when the EGR was in operation the engine took up to 30% of its induction from the exhaust,

Now the engine takes 100% fresh clean Induction from the atmosphere, so a less constrictive induction filter helps improve things along with EGR blanking.

Image2383.jpg

Stock filter inside:

Image2382.jpg

Upgrade Filter Inside:

Image2392.jpg

A lot less restriction allowing the engine to breath more smoothly on a turbo engine also helps increase MPG see my Guide on Green Cotton Performance Induction, it has a 10% Discount code aswell:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

Blanking the EGR also prevents excessive amounts of Carbon build up in your engine oil,

It is the build up of carbon which slowly builds up around the "turbo oil feed pipe" restricting the flow of oil feeding to the turbo,

Which ultimately leads to turbo failure,

So after you have blanked/Deleted the EGR valve, i recommend using a Can of "Wynne's Engine Flush" on your next oil change,

The can costs less than 5 GBP

It breaks down the built up carbon and sludge inside the engine caused by the operations of the EGR,

I've used Wynne's engine flush many times and found it very effective, always follow instructions.

Here's a link: http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/fuel-oil-additives/wynns-engine-flush-for-diesel-425ml

IMG_20140511_102028_zpsmhzskfr_edit_1399

IMG_20140511_102031_zpsq6ociip_edit_1399

IMG_20140511_101952_zpsil9btlc_edit_1399

• 2 weeks later...

I just did it! I inserted blanking plate with my friend for less then hour. The most difficult part was lifting fuel filter since there was no instructions for it in this guide. After all we try it on the road and I can say it goes much smoother, there's no "delay" or lag when starting. It's much responsive and so far no errors reporting and I hope it wont appear at all.

Lenny, thx for great tutorial and see you in next project: removing and remapping DPF, but it will wait after I came back from vacation.

Cheers! :driving:

• Like 1

I just did it! I inserted blanking plate with my friend for less then hour. The most difficult part was lifting fuel filter since there was no instructions for it in this guide. After all we try it on the road and I can say it goes much smoother, there's no "delay" or lag when starting. It's much responsive and so far no errors reporting and I hope it wont appear at all.

Lenny, thx for great tutorial and see you in next project: removing and remapping DPF, but it will wait after I came back from vacation.

Cheers! :driving:

Happy to help my friend,

You should not see any error on screen my focus is Euro 5 emissions and no error ever,

The guide to removing fuel filter is not in the guide here because i didnt fit the blanking plate by removing it,

I recommend you upgrade induction filter for maximum performance

See here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

DPF internal removal is well worth it too.

Thanks and enjoy your vacation :)

IMG_20130913_153107_zps9e71779e.jpg

Aaaaaaah where's the pics?

Its the 10GB Bandwidth has been exceeded on the photobucket account caused by content from my account being download by others which is cool by me as its all there to help, but photobucket want money from those who use there servers the most, as result they want $2.99 to give me 20GB Bandwidth for 30 days,

I expect the clock to reset on 01st September unless someone wants to send me $2.99USD via PayPal and pay the fees i can then reset it immediately,

If required my address is: leonard.woods@live.ie

I am working to eliminate this issue in the future,

Most of my guides are now also available to download in PDF format which doesn't become affected by photobucket at all,

The PDF can be download and printed making it easier to have in hand when following,

The guides that currently have a PDF version carry a link on the first post.

I am currently unable to continue the Post to PDF transition because my laptop has broken thus losing access to Microsoft Word software,

I currently log on using my Android based phone.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused during image down time however its choice of timing is out of my control.

• Like 1

Is this guide in a pdf format somewhere?

:)

• Like 1

Is this guide in a pdf format somewhere?

:)

Sadly not yet mate,
  • Like 1

Sadly not yet mate,

egr plate should be arriving any day... just gonna have to wing it then I guess :lol:

Thanks anyway :D

• Like 1

egr plate should be arriving any day... just gonna have to wing it then I guess :lol:

Thanks anyway :D

Think Im gonna have to do the same haha

• Like 2

Think Im gonna have to do the same haha

Just got to figure out which end of the car the engines in...

• Like 1

Just got to figure out which end of the car the engines in...

Hahahah!! I know right.

Do you still have the photos of the EGR Lenny that you could attach as a comment?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club