Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lenny

Phew, sounds like I was quite lucky in the end then. Cheers for the advice Lenny.

Just one thing, is the car ok to drive as is, with these fault codes showing?

4 hours ago, bigshorty said:

Phew, sounds like I was quite lucky in the end then. Cheers for the advice Lenny.

Just one thing, is the car ok to drive as is, with these fault codes showing?

Yeah it's 100% because it's been blanked nothing is flowing regardless of the valves opening position. It's just a pain to having errors popping up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, s_mduck said:

Lenny what about me?

I'm not sure of the blanking location on the mk3 focus, 

It does give 0.3mpg increase in fuel economy but the main purpose is to prevent exhaust gas recirculation.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lenny said:

I'm not sure of the blanking location on the mk3 focus, 

It does give 0.3mpg increase in fuel economy but the main purpose is to prevent exhaust gas recirculation.

Ok how i will find it? And I'm reading that it's reducing turbo lag and the turbo blades run faster. Is this increasing bar pressure? I'm asking because my turbo is set to 1,4 bar now! Before was stock 1,1! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, s_mduck said:

Ok how i will find it? And I'm reading that it's reducing turbo lag and the turbo blades run faster. Is this increasing bar pressure? I'm asking because my turbo is set to 1,4 bar now! Before was stock 1,1! 

Here is the Mk3 1.6TDCi EGR valve 
From looking at it; id say the blanking plate will fit on the cast iron section which I've arrived 

"I'll insert image when I get home" 

Your boost limit or cut off limit has been set to 1.4 bar 
This is the limit before the turbo goes in to bypass. 
The turbo is driven by the passing flow of exhaust gasses.
The turbo fan is spun by the exhaust flow which turns the compressor wheel on the opposite end which sucks in and compresses air for combustion.

At present; 
The EGR valve is recirculating up to 30% of waste gas; back in to the induction chamber where turbo is sucking it in again like eating its own excrement.
Gorillas do this in winter to keep warm aswell.

Anyways,
When the egr is blanked; the flow of gasses passing the turbo increases by up to 30% which helps to spin the compressor wheel faster which helps your turbo to spool up that but quicker.
This is how mpg is increased aswell
Because boost builds at a lower rev, you don't need to push as hard to get going. 

It won't increase your boost limit but will help reach boost at a faster rate. 

It does put more demand on the induction chamber so an upgrade filter such as Green or K&N57s would help achieve optimum results.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lenny said:
Here is the Mk3 1.6TDCi EGR valve 
From looking at it; id say the blanking plate will fit on the cast iron section which I've arrived 

"I'll insert image when I get home" 

Your boost limit or cut off limit has been set to 1.4 bar 
This is the limit before the turbo goes in to bypass. 
The turbo is driven by the passing flow of exhaust gasses.
The turbo fan is spun by the exhaust flow which turns the compressor wheel on the opposite end which sucks in and compresses air for combustion.

At present; 
The EGR valve is recirculating up to 30% of waste gas; back in to the induction chamber where turbo is sucking it in again like eating its own excrement.
Gorillas do this in winter to keep warm aswell.

Anyways,
When the egr is blanked; the flow of gasses passing the turbo increases by up to 30% which helps to spin the compressor wheel faster which helps your turbo to spool up that but quicker.
This is how mpg is increased aswell
Because boost builds at a lower rev, you don't need to push as hard to get going. 

It won't increase your boost limit but will help reach boost at a faster rate. 

It does put more demand on the induction chamber so an upgrade filter such as Green or K&N57s would help achieve optimum results.

Thanks for your reply! Is the one with red circle? I already have kn filter and I've done remapping with it! What i get so far is that it won't increase bar pressure from 1,4 bar to 1,5 etc but help it get to 1,4 bar faster correct ?? And it will improve fuel economy? My air fuel ratio at lower revs was richer than it had to be so we 've poorer it for better fuel economy!! Please upload some pics from that egr place where to install that plate!!

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply! Is the one with red circle? I already have kn filter and I've done remapping with it! What i get so far is that it won't increase bar pressure from 1,4 bar to 1,5 etc but help it get to 1,4 bar faster correct ?? And it will improve fuel economy? My air fuel ratio at lower revs was richer than it had to be so we 've poorer it for better fuel economy!! Please upload some pics from that egr place where to install that plate!!

Here's images 

_1_zps3sok2js4_edit_1464938067137_zpszsz

6122441914_zpskezwxx9i_edit_146493802992

Yes all you said there is correct 

carbon emissions will also be lower in MOT as fuel is only burnt once.

• Like 2

Thank you so much lenny! I'm looking forward to install the plate now!!

• Like 1

Lenny something I forgot now that I've done the remapping and gained that results it won't affect it at the bad way correct? Maybe it will gain something more??

• Like 1

Lenny something I forgot now that I've done the remapping and gained that results it won't affect it at the bad way correct? Maybe it will gain something more??

There's no negatives to Blanking the egr valve atall. 

Only thing I'd do prior to Blanking is confirm my theory of the above location being the best place to blank it, perhaps it is the best or maybe the opposite end is before any sensors I don't know on this model. If blanked before any pressure sensor this means it wont put up any errors on the system that's the only difference.

Ideally want to blank it as close to the exhaust as possible which minimizes the size of the dead leg.

The above location looks to be the right one in my opinion but maybe find a fellow owner of same model to confirm 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lenny said:

There's no negatives to Blanking the egr valve atall. 

Only thing I'd do prior to Blanking is confirm my theory of the above location being the best place to blank it, perhaps it is the best or maybe the opposite end is before any sensors I don't know on this model. If blanked before any pressure sensor this means it wont put up any errors on the system that's the only difference.

Ideally want to blank it as close to the exhaust as possible which minimizes the size of the dead leg.

The above location looks to be the right one in my opinion but maybe find a fellow owner of same model to confirm 

I hope that this plate from the first post will fit! It says it fits on mk3!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, s_mduck said:

I hope that this plate from the first post will fit! It says it fits on mk3!

Looks like the same opening shape.

Ok I've tried today to install the plate to that mounting place as Lenny says i had to remove the base of fuel filter to gain more access didn't need to remove the windshields i manage to loosen the two bolts but I couldn't move from its place the egr! I've tried to find another mounting point of the egr with no results and so my effort went wasted! Any info from mk3 members for the installation???

On 6/2/2016 at 6:08 PM, Lenny said:

Yeah it's 100% because it's been blanked nothing is flowing regardless of the valves opening position. It's just a pain to having errors popping up.

Cool, I got a mechanic mate who's pretty good at remapping, I think I'll see if he can get rid of EGR on ECU.

Cheers for everything Lenny, you're a legend!

mduck I just want to know you are looking at the correct part of the engine as to where the EGR is. It is at the back of the engine (looking at it from front of car) and at its bottom end. It's a true pig of a job on the mk3. I gave up coz access was to me impossible.

I've read on here and other forums that it can be done (blank the EGR) on the mk3.

Personally I'd love to blank it on mine. If you succeed then please do take photos of each stage. Good luck.

• Like 1

i havent heard anyone blanking egr sucessfuly on mk3 yet. the egr is very reliable on the mk3 so far. different design to the mk2/2.5

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

Just found this topic via another german forum, very nice!

One question (cannot find it in here,maybe my english is not the best...):

Does anyone have any problems after blanking the EGR valve? I'll try it on my 2009 C-Max, 1,6 TDCI, but I'm afraid of destroying something...

Thanks very much!

EDIT: the only thing different on ForScan or Torque Pro should be a higher air mass flow, especially in idle, right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andimcfly said:

Hey everyone.

Just found this topic via another german forum, very nice!

One question (cannot find it in here,maybe my english is not the best...):

Does anyone have any problems after blanking the EGR valve? I'll try it on my 2009 C-Max, 1,6 TDCI, but I'm afraid of destroying something...

Thanks very much!

EDIT: the only thing different on ForScan or Torque Pro should be a higher air mass flow, especially in idle, right?

Hi 

welcome 👍

you will not have any problem with error after blanking on anything before 2011 for sure 👌

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

Hi 

welcome 👍

you will not have any problem with error after blanking on anything before 2011 for sure 👌

Ok sounds great. 

I'll give it a try!

Anyone with any positive or negative experience?

There's several people on here who have fitted a blanking plate and experienced;

No EML

Higher economy

Better throttle response

Less smoke no poke

Lower emissions than standard!

I think I know of 1 person who's had issues and that's because they didn't fit it properly and it was leaking

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

4 hours ago, andimcfly said:

Ok sounds great. 

I'll give it a try!

Anyone with any positive or negative experience?

Recommended to upgrade induction filter for best result.

because 30% more air is sucked in to engine instead of exhaust has after blanking 👍

see link: 

you may also like to view: 

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Hi Lenny, Im looking to blank my egr valve, but your guide on first posts says no longer available.

Do you have a link to it anywhere.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club