• PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Name: Andi
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCi
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

so this m

Its not a waste of time as it stops the exhaust gasses going into the inlet

However, If a second plate is added as well it means the exhaust gasses do not come up to the other side of ther plate and are "stopped" closer to the exhaust - this keeps the exhaust heat energy in the exhaust and reduces the volume between the exhaust valves and the turbine - reducing turbo lag / improving throttle response

Altough removing the EGR pipe would be better (because removing it reduces the heat transmission from the exhaust to inlet) you can still fit 2 EGR blanking plates (one at each end) and leave the pipe in, and it would be an improvement over just one plate on the inlet side and difficult to spot as the EGR pipe is still there     

so this means we should buy 2 blanking plates?are they identical or they are different?thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#107 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,340 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Believe they are the same plate, as the fitments are no different as I understand it.

#108 andysvision

andysvision

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Believe they are the same plate, as the fitments are no different as I understand it.

so just go with one plate than PRO?Thanks :)

#109 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,340 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Yeah stick with one plate for now, block off the EGR at the engine and leave it at that for the meantime.

#110 andysvision

andysvision

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Yeah stick with one plate for now, block off the EGR at the engine and leave it at that for the meantime.

Any clue were might be located on my Focus 2.0 TDCi?

#111 Titanium59

Titanium59

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Fiesta titanium
  • Year: 2009

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Hi Lenny

Just been to get a new EGR fitted on my Fiesta. Does this modification you talk about mean the EGR is no longer needed? Like it won't be used?
I'm new to all this do it yourself car stuff

Thanks
Scott

#112 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,340 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

Any clue were might be located on my Focus 2.0 TDCi?

Hi Andy,

Its normally under the scuttle panel, at the back of the engine, top right of the engine block area.

Hi Lenny

Just been to get a new EGR fitted on my Fiesta. Does this modification you talk about mean the EGR is no longer needed? Like it won't be used?
I'm new to all this do it yourself car stuff

Thanks
Scott

Hi Scott,

If you have the solid blanking plate, this stops the exhaust gas going through the EGR, if you have the partial block (with a hole in the middle) then you still use it but with less gas.

Theoretically, if your car throws no error codes for the EGR, you could apply a blanking plate at both ends, and remove the EGR unit altogether.

#113 andysvision

andysvision

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

Hi Andy,

Its normally under the scuttle panel, at the back of the engine, top right of the engine block area.

HEllo Boss,check this picture the plate fits there?

http://www.google.co...=10&tx=71&ty=83

http://www.google.co...10&tx=36&ty=122

#114 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

HEllo Boss,check this picture the plate fits there?

http://www.google.co...10&tx=36&ty=122

600+ blanking plates sold by the ebay seller! - not bad (seems its not just us fitting them!)

you could definately fit 2 solid blanking plates (one at eack end) and remove the EGR pipe on that design  

#115 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

What concerns me about this plate is it fits at the exhaust (hot) end and its made of aluminium, which can melt/ has a lower melting piont than steel - i would rather fit a stainless steel one (solid, of course)

#116 DAVYHUYGEN.BE

DAVYHUYGEN.BE

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Davy
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

Received my plate from Poland, installed it into the car and noticed an earlier torque.

I also installed the Pipercross Ford Focus RS breather onto my 1.6TDCI. and did a remap.

Currently have 139hp and 325nm without the RS breather and the EGR blanked.

So I'm quite happy with the Focus, I'm thinking to put the Eco badge back onto the car.  :P

#117 Fuzz

Fuzz

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Name: Nash
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

Hi guys, my obd 2  tells me that the EGR sensor A circuit low, p0405..and the boost pressure only goes upto 6 kP at its highest, basically the car struggles to go up hill or to pick up speed during take off and the turbo actuator however, seems to work ok because it moves to the down position when the motor is reved and then goes back to the up position after engine is turned off, what could it be with the loss of boost pressure.

Another thing is that if I blank the EGR and unplug the harness, will it affect the perfomance of the engine in anyway...by the way the EGR valve is shown also to be stuck in the closed position according to P042f despite the fact that the valve itself is very free to move up and down when its dettached from the stepper motor so was thinking to just blank it out...any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thankx. this is focus 1.6 tdci sport 2007

#118 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,340 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

If you blank it off, you dont need to disconnect the sensor, however the error you have means that you might already have a defect that needs resolving first.... otherwise it probably will throw  some screwey errors...

#119 Fuzz

Fuzz

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Name: Nash
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

ok I understand, also the turbo boost pressure has not been to its maximum like it was before it went into limp mode, this happened when the turbo had started getting too wably(impeller) and I changed it but its still struggles to get up to speed, only when it reaches over 50mph does it only start to feel like a turbochrged engine and even then it still struggles to reach 70mph and I drive it at those speeds everyday to and from work for 30 miles, could it still be in limp mode?...

What does this remapping do to an engine could it be that it need that.

#120 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,978 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

ok I understand, also the turbo boost pressure has not been to its maximum like it was before it went into limp mode, this happened when the turbo had started getting too wably(impeller) and I changed it but its still struggles to get up to speed, only when it reaches over 50mph does it only start to feel like a turbochrged engine and even then it still struggles to reach 70mph and I drive it at those speeds everyday to and from work for 30 miles, could it still be in limp mode?...

What does this remapping do to an engine could it be that it need that.

Sounds like a blockage in the dpf mate,
Remapping would give more performance but a blocked dpf can cause back pressure in the turbo leading to cavitations within the compressor housing

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: egr, blanking egr, 1.6TDCi EGR Blank, focus egr blanking, fiesta egr blanking, cmax egr blanking, focus wiper removal, citroen hdi egr blanking, peugeot egr blanking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users