Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lookong At Getting A C Max

refdt

Hi all.

At the moment I have a focus estate but I'm looking at getting a c max.

I have had a similar car in the past and really miss the ride hight and other things.

Looking at the 1.8 tdci is there anything I should be looking out for or is this a very reliable engine and car.

Thanks simon

HI Simon,

Hope my PM's have also been of use to you. As I discussed, seems like there is an ambiguity surrounding DPF, however if it has not got one, the 1.8 would be a good choice to avoid the DPF, as they are a very reliable engine, and better built.

The only thing I would say, is check everything you can before committing to buy, find out from a dealer if you have the DPF fitted.

So far, my car is giving me the runaround, its 48k and a 55 plate, so not 'over abused' by any respects, but I seem to be having a few electrical gremlins... Its going into Ford tomorrow and I will keep you posted as to the update, in case its any help to your decision.

Cheers

Will definitely try and find out as much as I can.

Seen a few and are the 1.8 units.

Well I finally got a reply from Ford, they confirmed that on the Focus CMAX range from MK1 to MK2, the DPF was NOT applied to 1.6 and 1.8 litres - only the 2.0 models :D Happy days! so you can get a smaller engine, without the DPF messing you over!

• 4 weeks later...

DPF is a Diesel Particulate Filter. Its new technology for the EURO IV compliancy. It takes out the additional soot and bad exhaust particles to help protect the trees. Except the older of this technology do not maintain themselves, and its got a much more limited lifespan than the latest CDPF filter.

Ah that's ok, as soon as you said Diesel I stopped reading lol, I have petrol ;)

lol yeah the DPF is a pain in the backside!