#1 mark croucher

mark croucher

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: mark
  • Ford Model: focus 1.0 125 zetec s ecoboost
  • Year: 2013

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

How many MPG should I be getting out of my 2013 1.0 125 ecoboost zetec s it has covered 400 miles and I'm only getting 21/29 MPG is this right

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 gazzer16

gazzer16

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Gareth
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.0 ecoboost (125)

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

from a lot of the topics ive been reading on here the 1.0 ecoboost is pretty crap on fuel until the engine is bedded in people are saying with about 1500 miles on the clock it should creep up to 40ish mpg. i get mine a week today getting rid of my 1.5 tdci b-max which does between 55 and 63 mpg . so im thinking ill be in for a bit of a shock for the first lot of miles!! 

#3 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

Hi, the mpg isn't crap at all, it just will not get the quoted figures, as it is the same for any manufacturers cars and I would say that anything like the 40mpg is good for a turbo engine. Although 29mpg does seem low Mark, but several factors could be influencing this, the weather - engines do not like the cold, short runs, driving conditions and driver style. From my experience of driving turbo engines the more use you make of the cars performance the more the mpg will suffer. With my car the lowest I have seen is 30mpg when caning the nuts from it, on the other hand I have also seen over 57mpg when driving a tad more gently.

#4 stuartr26

stuartr26

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Name: Stuart
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Titanium X 1.0 125

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

from a lot of the topics ive been reading on here the 1.0 ecoboost is pretty crap on fuel until the engine is bedded in people are saying with about 1500 miles on the clock it should creep up to 40ish mpg. i get mine a week today getting rid of my 1.5 tdci b-max which does between 55 and 63 mpg . so im thinking ill be in for a bit of a shock for the first lot of miles!! 

I am just approaching 1500 miles and recently my MPG has been going up from around 35 to 39 at the moment. Hopefully it will keep going up!

#5 gazzer16

gazzer16

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

I am just approaching 1500 miles and recently my MPG has been going up from around 35 to 39 at the moment. Hopefully it will keep going up!

sounds good!! im due to be picking mine up on thursday, cannot wait!! all ive heard is good things about this car and knowing that the mpg does get better quite quick makes it all the better.

#6 stuartr26

stuartr26

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

sounds good!! im due to be picking mine up on thursday, cannot wait!! all ive heard is good things about this car and knowing that the mpg does get better quite quick makes it all the better.

It's a brilliant car, much more to it than my old Fiesta. So much more comfortable as well. What model are you getting exactly?

#7 gazzer16

gazzer16

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

It's a brilliant car, much more to it than my old Fiesta. So much more comfortable as well. What model are you getting exactly?

I'm getting the 1.0 ecoboost 125ps zetec , i had a 1.6 focus mk3 but the engine needed a lot of work to get anything out of it . i was massively impressed by the 1.0 a definite improvement

#8 stuartr26

stuartr26

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

I'm getting the 1.0 ecoboost 125ps zetec , i had a 1.6 focus mk3 but the engine needed a lot of work to get anything out of it . i was massively impressed by the 1.0 a definite improvement

I have the same engine in mine and I can safely say it is definitely enough for the Focus. I did have worries that it might not be powerful enough but once you put your foot down it really does get going!!

#9 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,743 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

1.6 ti vct mk2 41.3 mpg so its about the same mpg wise doesn't need worked hard to get anything out of it that mpg is from brimming the tank 10 mile journey on b roads

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users