Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg

mark croucher

How many MPG should I be getting out of my 2013 1.0 125 ecoboost zetec s it has covered 400 miles and I'm only getting 21/29 MPG is this right

• 3 weeks later...

from a lot of the topics ive been reading on here the 1.0 ecoboost is pretty crap on fuel until the engine is bedded in people are saying with about 1500 miles on the clock it should creep up to 40ish mpg. i get mine a week today getting rid of my 1.5 tdci b-max which does between 55 and 63 mpg . so im thinking ill be in for a bit of a shock for the first lot of miles!!

Hi, the mpg isn't crap at all, it just will not get the quoted figures, as it is the same for any manufacturers cars and I would say that anything like the 40mpg is good for a turbo engine. Although 29mpg does seem low Mark, but several factors could be influencing this, the weather - engines do not like the cold, short runs, driving conditions and driver style. From my experience of driving turbo engines the more use you make of the cars performance the more the mpg will suffer. With my car the lowest I have seen is 30mpg when caning the nuts from it, on the other hand I have also seen over 57mpg when driving a tad more gently.

from a lot of the topics ive been reading on here the 1.0 ecoboost is pretty crap on fuel until the engine is bedded in people are saying with about 1500 miles on the clock it should creep up to 40ish mpg. i get mine a week today getting rid of my 1.5 tdci b-max which does between 55 and 63 mpg . so im thinking ill be in for a bit of a shock for the first lot of miles!!

I am just approaching 1500 miles and recently my MPG has been going up from around 35 to 39 at the moment. Hopefully it will keep going up!

I am just approaching 1500 miles and recently my MPG has been going up from around 35 to 39 at the moment. Hopefully it will keep going up!

sounds good!! im due to be picking mine up on thursday, cannot wait!! all ive heard is good things about this car and knowing that the mpg does get better quite quick makes it all the better.

sounds good!! im due to be picking mine up on thursday, cannot wait!! all ive heard is good things about this car and knowing that the mpg does get better quite quick makes it all the better.

It's a brilliant car, much more to it than my old Fiesta. So much more comfortable as well. What model are you getting exactly?

It's a brilliant car, much more to it than my old Fiesta. So much more comfortable as well. What model are you getting exactly?

I'm getting the 1.0 ecoboost 125ps zetec , i had a 1.6 focus mk3 but the engine needed a lot of work to get anything out of it . i was massively impressed by the 1.0 a definite improvement

I'm getting the 1.0 ecoboost 125ps zetec , i had a 1.6 focus mk3 but the engine needed a lot of work to get anything out of it . i was massively impressed by the 1.0 a definite improvement

I have the same engine in mine and I can safely say it is definitely enough for the Focus. I did have worries that it might not be powerful enough but once you put your foot down it really does get going!!

1.6 ti vct mk2 41.3 mpg so its about the same mpg wise doesn't need worked hard to get anything out of it that mpg is from brimming the tank 10 mile journey on b roads

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club