Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With Heater Dials

roxy12

Hi all,

I'm new to this site as only got my lovely ford on friday. Here's the problem. I took my dash out yesterday to get the serial number of the stereo (that was a mission in it's self). I put it all back together again and now my temperature dial will only move from cold to half way but I have hot air? and the dial which changes where the air comes from doesn't work? Please help because I have not got a clue what I've done or haven't done.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Like 1

Don't know but at a guess a cable is fouling on the back of the unit.

You'll need to take the cemter console cover back off upon which you'll see a spindle thing which plugs into the heater controls and also a silver wire which is what moves the heater from hot to cold. You'll need to push the spindle back into the dash (going slightly towards the steering wheel) its quite awkward but youll feel it click into place. Dont plug it into your heater controls yet because it'll just pull it out from the dash again. Then hook the wire into position and as you hold the center panel fascia up slightly then push the heater into where it plugs into the heater control very slightly then push the fascia the rest of the way up which should push the spindle right into the heater control. :) id then put one screw back in to hold the fascia in place and turn om your ignition and try your heater etc to make sure the temperatures changing and the blower position to make sure its moving correctly. It is quite difficult but possible

I have this problem with my hot/cold switch. Its all connected up but the arm which you connect the wire to doesnt move when you change from hot to cold so mine is constantly on hot. Any ideas with this also??

My hot/cold switch is constanly blowing hot? Dont understand because the actual wire is attached to the arm by the footwell? Just can't get it to change, maybe something is broke? As i said its all connected?

Drop the fascia panel down and look at the cable as you turn the heater temperature dial and see if the cable is moving you should be able to tell

• Like 1

It's connected but it doesn't move the arm its attached to?

The cable might have came loose at the other end. If you look in the drivers side to the right hand side of the cemter consol you can remove the side panel which is where the heater control wire connects. Make sure the wire hasn't become disconnected the other side

Yeah ive done that, thats how i disconnected it in the first place. Its all connected, the wire just doesnt move the arm though.

Have you checked its connected at the other end though? You meed to remove the center console fascia panel to get in to see it

Yeah i had to take the two fascias out to change the cd player(centre and drivers footwell) It's confusing like i said it's connected both ends, it really doesn't make sense.

Happy to report that i've solved my problem. Was really awkward though.

Happy to report that i've solved my problem. Was really awkward though.

told you its realy fiddly :) takes some time and patience to get right

Yeah i had to take the two fascias out to change the cd player(centre and drivers footwell) It's confusing like i said it's connected both ends, it really doesn't make sense.

Can you move the section the wire connects to manually?

Yes i can do that? Just doesnt work when i connect it up?