Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts On Fiesta Mk 7 1.25 85 Hp

Bladerunner

My oldest daughter is thinking of changing her car to a Fiesta Mk 7, I initially said get a 1.4 petrol as she will only cover about 10,000 mls in a year but I have looked at the 1.25 85 hp version as the insurance will be cheaper for her.

I am sure there are lots of you out there who have this version and I would appreciate your thoughts on this version, I have thought she ought to get the zetec but then there is the style and style plus.

can anyone tell me the difference between the two, do they all have air con and remote locking, knee air bags power steering.

I know that the zetec has heated windscreen.

alloys are not at the top of the list.

MPG ?

Your views would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Martin.

I had a 1.25 Zetec for three years and loved it

!.25 is a good engine if you carry two people but the 1.4 would be best if you carry three or more, can feel the 1.25 start to struggle to pull the weigh. Style trim also comes with the 60bhp version

MPG wise you would be looking at mid to high 30's around town

Style trim level does without the Zetec's alloy's, chrome side trim, heated screen and air con. Style has the remote central locking

All Fiesta's come with Power steering and knee airbag on the driver's side

Thanks for the info Michael.

Martin

Love the engine, nice and quiet when you want it to be and you can have a lot of fun with it on B roads. I would go for Zetec, you get Heated Windscreen (witch is worth its weight in gold), fog lights, 6 Speakers - as apposed to 4 as standard on the style, Privacy Glass, alloys (with premium tyres), heated mirrors, and I think the lights are better in the Zetec (from my own knowledge and tests).

If you drive it eco style (witch isnt hard as its a smooth engine and smooth ride) you can keep it in the top 40's maybe 50MPG Average. The WhatCar website I think say they would go for the 1.25 over the 1.4 due to the characteristics and price of the engine.

Hope this helps.

I believe 6 Speakers is only standard if you have bluetooth & USB, privacy glass is an option, and you're right that Zetec upwards gets projector lights (with chrome inside) as opposed to the reflector ones (black inside)

Heated mirrors? I have a 1.25 Zetec and it doesn't have heated mirrors :(.

I love my car. It's surprisingly nippy for a 1.25. As far as styling goes, it's quite a sporty car. The interior is one of the best I've seen in a car of the same class/size.

I have heated windscreen, bluetooth, AC, privacy glass, fog lights and projectors stock as when I bought the car.

I get around 37 MPG, lowest I've seen on the car was 32 I think.

I don't have heated mirrors or privacy glass on my 61 plate Zetec... hmmm..

But everything else it has is amazing, the heated front and back screens were great when it snowed, literally turned my car on and bang, the snow was dripping off.

Not sure about my lights but they aren't black surroundings, the fog lights are great, the sound system is probably the best standard system i've ever listened too and most people who get in my car agree. I have the same opinion as kpg, the interior is well sophisticated but stylish at the same time, and having bluetooth/usb/aux compatability just makes it even better.

My MPG at the moment is crap, its at 28 but i've literally been thrashing it round for a month, the first 2 months I had it it was at 35-38 though!

Great car.

kpg and Maxxxykins, your Zetec's will have heated mirror's. They operate from the same button as the heated rear screen

kpg and Maxxxykins, your Zetec's will have heated mirror's. They operate from the same button as the heated rear screen

Really???

I found out something better about my car every day...

Even more evidence of why should buy one!!

Sweet! I wasn't made aware of the fact that they're heated. Not even any kind of symbol anywhere in the car.

Hi all, thanks for your input, by the looks of it you all rate the car highly.

Thanks for taking time to respond

Martin.

Mick is right, next time you have your rear window heater on, roll the window down and feel the mirror it'll be nice and warm :p

Yea, as above I think it is very nippy for a 1.25, people are genuinely surprised of the speed and pull the car gets, even with 3 - 4 people in the car, it will only ever begin to struggle on a steep hill. It is really good to drive with just you in the car, I think the best speed for the car is around 50 - 60 where you have plenty of grip and you stick to the road, the anti skid thing if also very good, when going round a round about at some speed you begin to feel a wheel or 2 start to break themselves seperatly and keep you on track.

Speakers are awesome, the bluetooth USB and aux are also such a good thing to have in your car, I'm sure every Zetec from 2012+ have these as standard? but I may be wrong.

Current MPG is around 40, with town, B-roads and motorway driving every day, should go up soon since it's getting warmer.

Mick is right, next time you have your rear window heater on, roll the window down and feel the mirror it'll be nice and warm :P

I'll have to try this when it next gets cold, which shouldn't be too far off..

Speakers are awesome, the Bluetooth USB and aux are also such a good thing to have in your car, I'm sure every Zetec from 2012+ have these as standard? but I may be wrong.

I had a 62 plate 1.25 Zetec as a courtesy car in march and that had USB but no bluetooth which frustrated the hell out of my as I rely on it so much in the Focus!

I used to own a 59 plate 1.25 Zetec and it was a pleasure to own. Nippy engine for its size and fairly refined. Zetec trim probably offers the best blend of equipment and price, and there are so many to choose from on the used market. It never went wrong while I had it and was my first brand new car! My mums now driving it and she loves it as much as I did. Three and a half years on and it's still as tight as a drum.

I don't think you'd be disappointed by one :)

Thanks again for your thoughts on the 1.25 Fiesta

cheers

Martin